Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government Finance and Spending
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Government Finance and Spending (Read 327 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Government Finance and Spending
Reply #40 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
tomline wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 2:24pm:
I am a Libertarian. 

At my sites, it's a rule to be nice to other members.

That's a policy that some of us would like to see upheld here. It's not and it's an easy way to make sure nobody is reprimanded, which would lead to escalating punishment that leads to banning.

It's not compatible with decency but it does uphold a libertarian principle in some ways. I think that's what the forum owner intends. Try asking him if you're interested in sticking around.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 2:32pm:
That's a policy that some of us would like to see upheld here.
Dear Donat, it is your hateful ideas about "socially responsible government" that I detest. They are ideas that bubble up out of the slime of antiquity.

The fact that you advocate for them makes me certain you are not a nice person.

Forum rules don't require me to tell everyone on the forum that they are nice.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #42 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I am a Libertarian. 

Here's an interesting site!  Jeff, this is for you too. 

https://www.scribendi.com/advice/capitalization.en.html

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #43 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 2:32pm:
That's a policy that some of us would like to see upheld here. It's not and it's an easy way to make sure nobody is reprimanded, which would lead to escalating punishment that leads to banning.

It's not compatible with decency but it does uphold a libertarian principle in some ways. I think that's what the forum owner intends. Try asking him if you're interested in sticking around.

Dude, you're a dick to everyone.  Do you ever read your own posts?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #44 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  

Gotcha, all three of you?

IP Logged

tomline
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
Gotcha, all three of you?

All three of who?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:42am
Print Post  
The dangerous results of a regulatory state and government controlled money were well understood by the Founders-

Federalist No. 62: Madison
           "Another effect of public instability is the unreasonable advantage it gives to the sagacious, the enterprising, and the moneyed few over the industrious and uninformed mass of the people. Every new regulation concerning commerce or revenue, or in any manner affecting the value of the different species of property, presents a new harvest to those who watch the change, and can trace the consequences; a harvest, reared not by themselves, but by the toils and cares of the great body of their fellow-citizens. This is a state of things in which it may be said with some truth that laws are made for the few, not for the many.

What prudent merchant will hazard his fortunes in any new branch of commerce when he knows not but that his plans may be rendered unlawful before they can be executed? What farmer or manufacturer will lay himself out for the encouragement given to any particular cultivation or establishment, where he can have no assurance that his preparatory labors and advances will not render him a victim to an inconstant government?

No government, any more than an individual, will long be respected without being truly respectable;..."

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:42am:
The dangerous results of a regulatory state and government controlled money were well understood by the Founders-

You're being snookered by government Jeff and you're probably smart enough to understand how if I tell you.

The regulatory state is already active and fully operational. It's regulated by big business and their method is corruption that is made possible by lobbying of politicians.

The scam that's being played on Americans is that big business is promoting the notion that regulation of the state is a bad thing, only because regulation for the common people would interfere with their already active regulation.

If you can come to accept a bit of that concept, it answers all the questions and all the reasons for all the ills of your society.

It's not arguable to say that Americans aren't suffering. We know you're getting the short end of the stick as compared to the happiest countries in the world. And in fact, your move toward being libertarians is a protest directly aimed at the big major parties.

You're a bright boy, give it some thought. It works!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:14pm:
You're being snookered by government Jeff and you're probably smart enough to understand how if I tell you.

The regulatory state is already active and fully operational. It's regulated by big business and their method is corruption that is made possible by lobbying of politicians.

The scam that's being played on Americans is that big business is promoting the notion that regulation of the state is a bad thing, only because regulation for the common people would interfere with their already active regulation.

If you can come to accept a bit of that concept, it answers all the questions and all the reasons for all the ills of your society.

It's not arguable to say that Americans aren't suffering. We know you're getting the short end of the stick as compared to the happiest countries in the world. And in fact, your move toward being libertarians is a protest directly aimed at the big major parties.

You're a bright boy, give it some thought. It works!
Right, the government lies all the time just with their big lie that "regulation is both necessary and good".

But all of the various bureaucracies and departments and agencies of them are filled with constant little lies. People who tell the truth are fired, and if they become whistle blowers they will be punished.

Anyone paying the least bit of attention can see corruption and cronyism all through our governments, and the cronies and government big shot influence peddlers are all lying to each other, especially the crony bankers, but I think they are lying to themselves about most everything.

IP Logged

tomline
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Capitalism without compassion is greed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government Finance and Spending
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy