Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government Finance and Spending
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Government Finance and Spending (Read 623 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Government Finance and Spending
Reply #60 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:04am
Print Post  
tomline wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:12am:
I am on SSI, Food Stamps and Housing Assistance.  And I qualify for a lot more.  And I hate it.  I'd rather the church help me.  The first time I needed surgery, I went to the church for help.  The minister told me I should go to the Government because he said, "That's what they're there for."  So I went on Medical Assistance for just that surgery.  Then my plan was to go back to work, but I needed more surgery. 

I guess some of you would rather I be dead.

Without Medicaid pushing up the price of health care, you could have probably afforded your surgeries.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:16am
Print Post  

tomline wrote Today at 1:12am:
Quote:
I am on SSI, Food Stamps and Housing Assistance.  And I qualify for a lot more.  And I hate it.  I'd rather the church help me.  The first time I needed surgery, I went to the church for help.  The minister told me I should go to the Government because he said, "That's what they're there for."  So I went on Medical Assistance for just that surgery.  Then my plan was to go back to work, but I needed more surgery.

The Opposition wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:04am:
Without Medicaid pushing up the price of health care, you could have probably afforded your surgeries.

Correct.  Also without government taking more than half of the average person's income in taxes at all levels, people would have more money to donate to charitable causes such as helping the poor with medical expenses.

Tomline, your use the false dilemma fallacy that if we don't support government stealing large fractions of our earnings and redistributing it, we want people to die doesn't make your claim of being a libertarian very credible.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

tomline
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  

With what?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:19pm
Print Post  

I hear you and I'm Canadian so maybe we should talk about universal health care? That can be on the growing list. Either first.

Universal health care
Socially responsible capitalism

The only sympathy I'll ever talk about is the kind that could actually address your problems. When you're ready?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote Today at 3:04am:
Quote:

tomline wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:09am:
With what?

With the money that you and your loved ones save by not having to pay for every one else's health care, you could afford to pay for your own.  Or use the very affordable insurance that would result from an actual free market.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
The Opposition wrote Today at 3:04am:

With the money that you and your loved ones save by not having to pay for every one else's health care, you could afford to pay for your own.  Or use the very affordable insurance that would result from an actual free market.

How about telling tomline about how Canadians have to go to the US for health care?

If he buys it or not will tell me if it's worth wasting my time with him.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #66 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:10am
Print Post  

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #67 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:08am
Print Post  

Bingo

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #68 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:09am
Print Post  
tomline wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:09am:
With what?

Your own money or with a free market insurance policy that you purchased on your own

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  

I would accept your claims are genuine.

But the obvious position libertarians are going to take is they will call you a lazy malingerer. That's simply the philosophy, compard to mine.

But I accept your claims with some caution, even though I will give you the benefit of the doubt. The ultimate decision will be made by government over a period of time and if you're not genuine then hopefully your ass will be booted off the dole.

Society can't afford to have it any other way. It only works my way. I can claim it as my way, even though it's my government's way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government Finance and Spending
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy