Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Racism is a Big Problem in the US.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Racism is a Big Problem in the US. (Read 799 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Racism is a Big Problem in the US.
Reply #40 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He gets desperate like that for a while and then he just has to answer back sooner or later. I can ring his bell for him any time I choose.
Could I ask you to do it all the time? I'd be grateful if you would. Thanks.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:15am
Print Post  
I hope anyone who posted anything on page 4 reposts it. I can't view page 4 at all.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:47am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:15am:
I hope anyone who posted anything on page 4 reposts it. I can't view page 4 at all.
I've noticed the problem. Let's blame the Deep State.

Anyway, I probably said something on page 4 about racism being perpetuated by our government, and how it should stop institutionalizing racism and let free people work things out for themselves.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:15am:

Don't worry, there's nothing missing. If there was I would repost it for you to see.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:47am:
I've noticed the problem. Let's blame the Deep State.

Anyway, I probably said something on page 4 about racism being perpetuated by our government, and how it should stop institutionalizing racism and let free people work things out for themselves.

If you said anything important about racism I would have been the first to notice. Especially if it was promotion of same. There wasn't.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If you said anything important about racism I would have been the first to notice. Especially if it was promotion of same. There wasn't.
What do you think about it? When the census asks what race you are, doesn't that indicate the government is perpetuating racism?

Why do you think any government would want to classify people by race? I can think of some examples if you imagine it's never been done and has nothing to do with perpetuating racism.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:36pm:
What do you think about it? When the census asks what race you are, doesn't that indicate the government is perpetuating racism?

Yes, most definitely.

Quote:
Why do you think any government would want to classify people by race? I can think of some examples if you imagine it's never been done and has nothing to do with perpetuating racism.

It's done. I'm not sure but I think my government does it too?

Can you think of any non-racist reasons to do it? Maybe there is for census purposes?

If there exists a racism ill that needs to be addressed then would the question serve some purpose?

Don't go off on me now, I'm attempting to raise the level of the conversation because I think you're capable.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, most definitely.

It's done. I'm not sure but I think my government does it too?

Can you think of any non-racist reasons to do it? Maybe there is for census purposes?

If there exists a racism ill that needs to be addressed then would the question serve some purpose?

The purpose of the census is related directly to the equal representation of the people in the House of Representatives, nothing more.

Unless governments enact laws that treat one race differently than others, there are no "racism ills" that are not local and personal.
Those do still exist (mostly in "progressive" inner city ghettos created by racist government policies), but the solution is not the continuation of racism by government.

Edit: Why ask the race question on the census? So Congressional Districts can be gerrymandered to give "black" politicians an advantage in elections.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:00pm:
The purpose of the census is related directly to the equal representation of the people in the House of Representatives, nothing more.

Unless governments enact laws that treat one race differently than others, there are no "racism ills" that are not local and personal.
Those do still exist (mostly in "progressive" inner city ghettos created by racist government policies), but the solution is not the continuation of racism by government.

Edit: Why ask the race question on the census? So Congressional Districts can be gerrymandered to give "black" politicians an advantage in elections.

I was talking about non-racist governments like Canada's which isn't completely corrupted by the south's yearning for their slaves back. They lost, they can't have them back ever, and you can bet your sweeeeeet ass on that. Now go play in the traffic with your mutt friends.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was talking about non-racist governments like Canada's...
You started the thread dolt, and it isn't about racism in Canada.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Racism is a Big Problem in the US.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy