Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anarchy Vs Theft by Government
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Anarchy Vs Theft by Government (Read 467 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Anarchy Vs Theft by Government
Reply #40 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 4:18pm:
A libertarian system is where government only protects life and property rights and enforces contracts.

These are moral codes that are in universal agreement -- the kind of rules we have the least to fear from officials abusing their power or lacking the motivation to do their job.

The fundamental problem of the world system today is that, even in the best countries, while governments pretend to promote free markets, their taking on the management of money has fundamentally distorted economies, robbed people, and created the incentives for the elites to take us further down the road to serfdom.  Money should be a totally free market.

There is a role for government to provide support for the universally agreed values.  If I shoot someone in the street and claim he was trying to rob me, how are we going to determine if I'm not actually the guilty one?  There has to be a publicly supported institution to decide such things.

We have to understand precisely how the system is rigged, in order to un-rig it.

I think libertarians are reacting against the obvious need for government to step in and maintain that the wealth is shared. The need in  the 21st. century is going to dictate more equality in order to make sure our world's resources go around.

The extreme rightness of Trump is also a kneejerk reaction of that needing to happen throughout the world and we could take AGW as a part of it. Trump moves in the opposite way because his followers can't accept that the world's wealth has to be shred more. It's human greed.

There's no stopping it and it will be felt in the US as much or more than in most other countries, and int that respect we can look at China as it's needs being unstoppable. High wages or even decent wages will now quickly become a thing of the past because China can do it cheaper.

American made goods will soon disappear from the shelves and American corporations will have no pity for American workers. A good example of that is Trump's broken promises of jobs at Carrier.

I'm wondering what libertarians will say about these truths. I think that if anybody on this board will take it as an honest question, it will be you.

Promotion of libertarianism as it's promoted on this site seems to me to be exactly 180 in the opposite direction from where the world needs to go. Government control is going to come down on them harder than ever before. Socially responsible capitalism will be the only way in the near future.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:33pm:
I think libertarians are reacting against the obvious need for government to step in and maintain that the wealth is shared.
Donat, dear Donat, you are absolutely correct for once.

Libertarians don't want government folks to share our wealth around among themselves and their cronies, and we resent it when they use our wealth to keep them in power by buying votes in already gerrymandered Districts.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
Donat, dear Donat, you are absolutely correct for once.

Thank you, but you didn't understand. I'm saying that it's moving that way much faster in today's world than ever before. Trump capitalized on the resistance against the momentum of the world because he's aware of human greed. It's his trademark!

This is obviously going to make the libertarians' proposed direction of less government being 180 degrees opposed to the world's momentum.

You've seen the best of times and it's all downhill from now on. Trump's budget being all biased to the very wealthy is going to accelerate it in the US. The world's other wealthy countries will resist for a while longer.

Quote:
Libertarians don't want government folks to share our wealth around among themselves and their cronies, and we resent it when they use our wealth to keep them in power by buying votes in already gerrymandered Districts.

Depending on how much wealth you have will determine whether it's going to be shared more. In your case likely not all that much because I take you are being close to the poverty line. The bitching and complaining you do tells a story.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:57pm:
Thank you, but you didn't understand.
I did. That's your problem.

Blather is not likely to solve it.

What's that to me?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
I did. That's your problem.

Blather is not likely to solve it.

What's that to me?

It matters and you make that clear every day with your bitching and complaining. Unless you're just faking it to get attention.

I've got lots of time to talk about your problems because I live in one of those happy countries.

Ask me about it some time sweet cheeks. (nether cheeks that is)

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
It matters and you make that clear every day with your bitching and complaining. Unless you're just faking it to get attention.

I've got lots of time to talk about your problems because I live in one of those happy countries.

Ask me about it some time sweet cheeks. (nether cheeks that is)
Too late Donat dear, kaz has provided irrefutable evidence that you are always wrong.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #46 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:33pm:
I think

OMfingGod that's fing funny.  Well played, my friend, well played

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:12pm:
Too late Donat dear, kaz has provided irrefutable evidence that you are always wrong.

He only asked the other livestock on the farm and they didn't refute his evidence.
The farmer is going to show the pig who's right when the pig gains another 10 pounds.
I hear they're going to do him jew style.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 11:24pm:
He only asked the other livestock on the farm and they didn't refute his evidence.
The farmer is going to show the pig who's right when the pig gains another 10 pounds.
I hear they're going to do him jew style.
You're letting your bigotry show again Donat.

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:59am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
Well, in our system, you are entitled to due process and the government cannot convict you, a jury of your peers must do that.  As flawed as that may be, I haven't heard a better idea

Mine too -- I think the jury system was a great innovation for decentralizing power.

Still, something has to enforce the judgment, so the loser of the case can't just defy the court.  Unfortunately, granting the government a monopoly on violence may be the only way to go.

It is when that monopoly is leveraged to 'provide extra services', and especially the management of money, that things become problematic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anarchy Vs Theft by Government
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy