Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nunes Duels the Deep State
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Nunes Duels the Deep State (Read 202 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Nunes Duels the Deep State
Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
by Pat Buchanan
https://original.antiwar.com/buchanan/2018/02/05/nunes-duels-deep-state/

For a discussion on how libertarians think this is all going to end up destroying. No kneejerk reactions without reading first please.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nunes Duels the Deep State
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
One need not be a "Trumpkin" to see how wrong that was.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:16pm:
One need not be a "Trumpkin" to see how wrong that was.

There are several things suggested as being wrong so your answer doesn't offer much. And it wasn't an answer to the question.

This is just an attempt to start a discussion on the issue to hear how you libertarians are seeing this process. If you want to take part then do so. If not then it's a failed attempt. I hope you make your decision based on your interest as opposed to something else.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:22pm:
There are several things suggested as being wrong so your answer doesn't offer much. And it wasn't an answer to the question.

There was no question in your post.  It did invite discussion which is what I offered. 

To clarify:  It is wrong for law enforcement to lie in court in order to obtain a warrant to violate a citizen's privacy, especially if their motivation is that they don't like that citizen's politics.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:42pm:
To clarify:  It is wrong for law enforcement to lie in court in order to obtain a warrant to violate a citizen's privacy, especially if their motivation is that they don't like that citizen's politics.

Thank you! I hear you saying that the FBI lied to get a FISA warrant. And I would agree in principle, but I'm not sure that's what happened quite yet even though it's obviously Trump's intent to prove that happened.

It's pointedly talking to the Republican's memo that was intended to make that point exclusively. But we also know of Carter Page's past history of interactions with the Russians. That then begs the question on whether it was innocent or not.

Having said that, none of this so far speaks directly to the question asked in my OP.

In any case, thanks for your participation. It's obviously the most important issue in the news and there's no reason why we shouldn't be discussing it. It's a huge libertarian issue either way isn't it.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
Thank you! I hear you saying that the FBI lied to get a FISA warrant. And I would agree in principle, but I'm not sure that's what happened quite yet even though it's obviously Trump's intent to prove that happened.

It's pointedly talking to the Republican's memo that was intended to make that point exclusively. But we also know of Carter Page's past history of interactions with the Russians. That then begs the question on whether it was innocent or not.

Having said that, none of this so far speaks directly to the question asked in my OP.

In any case, thanks for your participation. It's obviously the most important issue in the news and there's no reason why we shouldn't be discussing it. It's a huge libertarian issue either way isn't it.

Factually speaking, there's not even a question mark in your OP, much less a question.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:49pm:

If the FBI had used Trump's word to get a warrant to spy on Hillary, you and the rest of you idiot Democrats would be setting yourselves on fire in Lafayette Park with the leftist media

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
If the FBI had used Trump's word to get a warrant to spy on Hillary, you and the rest of you idiot Democrats would be setting yourselves on fire in Lafayette Park with the leftist media

Same old childishness. Irrelevant and off topic. It's expected on this forum but at least a bit of serious discussion can take place around it.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:01pm:
Same old childishness. Irrelevant and off topic. It's expected on this forum but at least a bit of serious discussion can take place around it.

I actually laughed at you on that one. 

Don:  What does my being a complete and utter hypocrite on what I just said have to do with it?  Seriously!  What?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
I actually laughed at you on that one. 

Don:  What does my being a complete and utter hypocrite on what I just said have to do with it?  Seriously!  What?

You've promoted an attitude in others that nobody is going to take you seriously. You can't ask a serious question and get a serious answer until you change that perception of others.

But I see that you have asked a serious question and that tells me you're starting to at least get the message. I'm under no illusions that you 'can' or will do anything about it.

So seriously, you're a social misfit who obviously could have never run a successful business.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nunes Duels the Deep State
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy