Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "I've Seen the Damage that Marijuana Can Do . . . "
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) "I've Seen the Damage that Marijuana Can Do . . . " (Read 349 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

"I've Seen the Damage that Marijuana Can Do . . . "
Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Does anyone besides Jeff Sessions actually believe that spending money and resources on preventing people from smoking pot is a good idea?

One of his acting assistants was the lead speaker in today's Sarah Sanders Show.   He talked about how the DOJ is launching an initiative to stop MS13, the deadly gang that Obama and Bush encouraged to invade our nation.  I was wondering if the press would even ask him a question because how can the make Trump look bad for doing that?  Sure enough, they came up with something.  First question was ~why shift resources to marijuana enforcement when we have deadly gangs murdering and raping our children?~

They guy said first that marijuana enforcement funds don't come out of the funds for destroying MS13, showing a typical government pretense of misunderstanding how money works.  Then he said, "I've seen the damage marijuana can do."  His voice cracked when he said it.  Not sure if it cracked because he was afraid that the press would laugh at him or was afraid he would crack up and laugh himelf.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "I've Seen the Damage that Marijuana Can Do . . . "
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:08am
Print Post  
It's probably a waste of resources to make it illegal.

However, where I live, no matter which business you go to, you can't get any service. It's predominant in the fast food industry but it's creeping up elsewhere. Everyone is high as a kite.

I went to Sonic and ordered a Diet Dr. Pepper with watermelon.

This is one of the flavours they not only sell, but advertise. "Over one million flavour combinations!" they boast.

This guy said, "Huh? Where's the watermelon coming from?"

I doubt he was new.

Potheads hire other potheads because smoking pot is all they care about. The businesses here have gone to shit.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:53am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:08am:

Probably?

It's not even a good idea to tax it heavily as a legal commodity.

Close to half the cigarettes sold in New York are now smuggled in. The smugglers make lots of money, illegally obtained money, so the easiest thing to do with it is re-invest it in other illegal activities, or fund terrorism. 

Anybody who will look at alcohol prohibition or the results of more than 80 years of "warring" on (some) drugs can easily see the damage done by drug prohibition.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:49am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:08am:

However, where I live, no matter which business you go to, you can't get any service. It's predominant in the fast food industry but it's creeping up elsewhere. Everyone is high as a kite.

I went to Sonic and ordered a Diet Dr. Pepper with watermelon.

This is one of the flavours they not only sell, but advertise. "Over one million flavour combinations!" they boast.

This guy said, "Huh? Where's the watermelon coming from?"

I doubt he was new.

Potheads hire other potheads because smoking pot is all they care about. The businesses here have gone to shit.

There is an obvious correlation between marijuana use and lethargy.  My question is whether there is any causation.  In other words how do we know that marijuana causes lethargy rather than that lethargic people turn to drug use out of boredom?

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:56am
Print Post  
And where I live, everyone is drunk all the time and drunks only hire other drunks so service has really gone to shit.   Roll Eyes

There are lot of old farts that still think pot is a dangerous drug, Sessions seems to be one of them.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:12pm:
......to stop MS13, the deadly gang that Obama and Bush encouraged to invade our nation.

Let's deal with that nonsense to get it out of the way first. We don't need the conversation corrupted with lies.

And to the point. Ahhell said all that was necessary.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Here's an old anti-marijuana propaganda film from 1936:

They made us watch this flick during our sophomore year.  We knew it was bunch of malarkey even back then.  Grin

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
Here's an old anti-marijuana propaganda film from 1936:

They made us watch this flick during our sophomore year.  We knew it was bunch of malarkey even back then.  Grin
Years out of school I learned that the teacher that showed us that movie smoked pot.

I think it's proof that pot has been causing psychosis since the beginning.

Fortunately, science discovered that if you give kids Ritalin and other drugs similar in varieties and mixtures, they aren't interested in pot. Or much of anything else in many cases.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:49am:
There is an obvious correlation between marijuana use and lethargy.  My question is whether there is any causation.  In other words how do we know that marijuana causes lethargy rather than that lethargic people turn to drug use out of boredom?

From what I've seen it's both. Lazy people use pot and it makes them even lazier.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
I've already explained why recreational drug use is very dangerous for society.

http://www.libertariansforum.com/cgi-bin/freedom/YaBB.pl?num=1474049738/1#1

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "I've Seen the Damage that Marijuana Can Do . . . "
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy