Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole"
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole" (Read 207 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole"
Feb 8th, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-viaR6u1I

Our employees in Washington are children.  Durbin trying to get some secretary to tattle on her boss.  Give me a break.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole"
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
I also watched the following video.

I found Senator Booker's speech powerful and true. We both know the secretary does remember the "shithole" comment.

As far as I'm aware, saying you don't remember something when you do, while under oath, is perjury and a crime.

If they know that they have to dissemble, then they know they did something wrong.

And I might not be able to tell the difference between right and wrong, but I'm glad there are people like Senator Booker who will put it out there for anyone who wants to listen.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:39pm:

I found Senator Booker's speech powerful and true. We both know the secretary does remember the "shithole" comment.

As far as I'm aware, saying you don't remember something when you do, while under oath, is perjury and a crime.

If they know that they have to dissemble, then they know they did something wrong.

And I might not be able to tell the difference between right and wrong, but I'm glad there are people like Senator Booker who will put it out there for anyone who wants to listen.

If he was. Not in big phrmas pocket I would have more respect for him

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:58am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:39pm:

I don't know what she remembers and doesn't remember, but if you have some way of divining that information, I'd love to hear about it.  Since being under oath requires the whole truth, I would fault her for not saying more.  A more complete answer to Durbin would have been:

Senator, as a woman who often works in rooms full of powerful men, I don't try to keep track of every off-color comment that I hear nor of who says them and doesn't say them.  If I were to get a reputation for remembering each time a couple of grown men talk like grown men and reporting it publicly, I wouldn't last long in my job.  Since you and your colleagues carefully exempt yourself from workplace regulations you set for others, I would be run out of this town and have no one to complain to.

Quote:

Booker shaves his head so that his African-American roots don't show.  The best answer to his comments would have been:

Senator, that's a stirring speech, I suppose.  I'm glad you at least allow the possibility that a "good white person" can exist.  I do have a day job, working for the taxpayer.  so maybe you can make your next grand speech without requiring me to sit here and listen?  Or are you afraid that without me here, the Trump-obsessed media wouldn't bother to cover your second-hand slogans and self-agrandizement?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Double post . . .

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:58am:
Booker shaves his head so that his African-American roots don't show.  The best answer to his comments would have been:

Senator, that's a stirring speech, I suppose.  I'm glad you at least allow the possibility that a "good white person" can exist.  I do have a day job, working for the taxpayer.  so maybe you can make your next grand speech without requiring me to sit here and listen?  Or are you afraid that without me here, the Trump-obsessed media wouldn't bother to cover your second-hand slogans and self-agrandizement?

No doubt that Booker went over the top with his speech. Nobody got hurt, and the Trump haters/Hillary deniers got to blow off a little steam.   

It was a therapy session.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
A chill ran up and down her spine when he mentioned that she was under oath. Such an eloquent speech!

Real libertarians would be able to look past their political bias toward the Republicans and be able to say that he spoke directly to their concerns.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:13pm:
A chill ran up and down her spine when he mentioned that she was under oath. Such an eloquent speech!
Oppo can tell what she remembers and doesn't remember and you can feel when a chill is running up and down her spine.  I doff my hat to you perceptive gentlemen!

Quote:
Real libertarians would be able to look past their political bias toward the Republicans and be able to say that he spoke directly to their concerns.

My concerns?  I have no concern that we don't invite enough people from impoverished and backward nations to immigrate.  We seem to be up to our elbows in them already.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:42am:
No doubt that Booker went over the top with his speech. Nobody got hurt, and the Trump haters/Hillary deniers got to blow off a little steam.   

It was a therapy session.

Given the total of the taxpayer funded salaries in the room, that was some mighty expensive therapy for the taxpayers to provide to one self-hating black man.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Not as dumb as when they had hearings about doping in baseball.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy