Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole" (Read 255 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Re: They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole"
Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
Not as dumb as when they had hearings about doping in baseball. 

You too? I thought you would be a little more concerned about the behaviour of your president and the message he's sending to the rest of the world.

He was eloquent though, wasn't he. I think the fear of it being accepted as legitimate criticsm is the biggest motivator for this thread.

When I'm in N.J. I care. When I'm on vacation is Canada I laugh.

IP Logged

kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Reply #11 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:39pm:
I also watched the following video.

I found Senator Booker's speech powerful and true. We both know the secretary does remember the "shithole" comment.

As far as I'm aware, saying you don't remember something when you do, while under oath, is perjury and a crime.

If they know that they have to dissemble, then they know they did something wrong.

And I might not be able to tell the difference between right and wrong, but I'm glad there are people like Senator Booker who will put it out there for anyone who wants to listen.

I don't understand why you would give anyone credit for the flagrant hypocrisy of saying what he did about the other party while giving his own party a complete pass.  There is zero integrity in that.

Integrity is holding yourself to your own standard first.  Booker doesn't do that at all.  What he's doing is blind, hypocritical partisan hatred.

And I am going, I'm bored with the site.  But Burnsred and Don gave me a momentary reprieve on the site by being so upset that I haven't left.  Don since I did actually leave for months while his endless claims he was going to leave lasted an average of five minutes and Burnsred because OMG, he posts, and gets replies!  He's a genius!

Did Booker call out Slick for not remembering if he was alone with the woman who gave himself a blow job?

Did Booker call out Slick's ho for all the times she did "not recall" over her server or Benghazi?  Good look on that Google quest.  Just a heads up, he didn't

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:24pm:
I don't understand why you would give anyone credit for the flagrant hypocrisy of saying what he did about the other party while giving his own party a complete pass.  There is zero integrity in that.

Integrity is holding yourself to your own standard first.  Booker doesn't do that at all.  What he's doing is blind, hypocritical partisan hatred.

And I am going, I'm bored with the site.  But Burnsred and Don gave me a momentary reprieve on the site by being so upset that I haven't left.  Don since I did actually leave for months while his endless claims he was going to leave lasted an average of five minutes and Burnsred because OMG, he posts, and gets replies!  He's a genius!

I never did claim to leave the site ever. Don't make up stories you can't prove. You're a lying pig that makes up pigshit.

You said you would leave for a year and you only left for two weeks.

You need to prove both before you go to the slaughter house.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  

If you choose to leave, that's fine.  But stay if you want to; no one will think the worst of you for it.

Quote:
Did Booker call out Slick for not remembering if he was alone with the woman who gave himself a blow job?

Nope, he said that Clinton was doing a great job because of the economy so no one should criticize his personal life.

Quote:
Did Booker call out Slick's ho for all the times she did "not recall" over her server or Benghazi?  Good look on that Google quest.  Just a heads up, he didn't

Nope.  He found that quite credible taht she did not remember.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:47pm:
If you choose to leave, that's fine.  But stay if you want to; no one will think the worst of you for it.

Nope, he said that Clinton was doing a great job because of the economy so no one should criticize his personal life.

Nope.  He found that quite credible taht she did not remember.

If he didn't call out Clinton for his sex crimes then he could be of the opinion that sex crimes of that nature between two consenting adults weren't reason to condemn a president. Personally, I wouldn't find it all that distressing even if Bush2 was caught doing it. Are you saying you would turn down an extramarital blowjob by Lewinsky if you could get away with it?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If he didn't call out Clinton for his sex crimes then he could be of the opinion that sex crimes of that nature between two consenting adults weren't reason to condemn a president.

Sure, it could be that.  It could be that every person who ever criticized Obama was a closet racist.  I could be that all Republicans are evil and all Democrats are pure at heart.

It could be.  But it isn't.

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't find it all that distressing even if Bush2 was caught doing it. Are you saying you would turn down an extramarital blowjob by Lewinsky if you could get away with it?

Yes, Don.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:58am:
I don't know what she remembers and doesn't remember, but if you have some way of divining that information, I'd love to hear about it.

Honestly I think they should run her through a lie detector. They're not 100% accurate but there's definitely reason to think she remembers and just isn't willing to tattle on her boss.

You're the one who admitted that she shouldn't tattle - that it would represent tattling. This implies that you know every bit as well as I do that she probably does remember and she's taking a convenient way out by saying she doesn't.

You're right: She wouldn't last long in her job if she actually did the right thing.

Just like I'll probably die from actually living libertarian. I almost did once already. My neighbour went insane and started waving a gun around. I refused to call the police, because using the illegitimate power of the State is wrong.

If someone else hadn't called the police, I would be dead.

I should be dead.

What is right comes first.

Integrity is holding yourself to your own standard first.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Do you see how that's exactly what I'm doing?

Trump and his have decided to take the side of tribalism with their "America first" nonsense.

I'm not free to ignore that. I'm not free to let them grant me and my group rights I know I don't deserve, and I'm not free to complicitly soak advantages and benefits of State power.

I have to oppose it.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:48pm:
Honestly I think they should run her through a lie detector. They're not 100% accurate but there's definitely reason to think she remembers and just isn't willing to tattle on her boss.

You're the one who admitted that she shouldn't tattle - that it would represent tattling. This implies that you know every bit as well as I do that she probably does remember and she's taking a convenient way out by saying she doesn't.   
No, I still have no idea whether she remembers it or not.  You're assuming that politicians at a senior level talking in a way that would not be allowed in Sunday School, is a highly memorable event.  I'm not sure it would be.  Grown ups use profane words when they're with peers that they wouldn't use in public or on TV. 

Quote:
You're right: She wouldn't last long in her job if she actually did the right thing.

I don't define actively memorizing which grown men made which off-color comments in order to have a clear memory when questioned by a partisan Senator as "the right thing."

Quote:
Just like I'll probably die from actually living libertarian. I almost did once already. My neighbour went insane and started waving a gun around. I refused to call the police, because using the illegitimate power of the State is wrong.

If someone else hadn't called the police, I would be dead.

I should be dead.

What is right comes first.

Using that logic, shouldn't you have shot the someone else who was calling the police in order to defend your crazy neighbor's right to wave his gun around?

Quote:
Trump and his have decided to take the side of tribalism with their "America first" nonsense.

No more so than Coca-Cola executives who want Coke to sell more than Pepsi.

Quote:
I'm not free to ignore that. I'm not free to let them grant me and my group rights I know I don't deserve, and I'm not free to complicitly soak advantages and benefits of State power.

I have to oppose it.

I admire your focus on doing the right thing.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:00pm:
No, I still have no idea whether she remembers it or not.  You're assuming that politicians at a senior level talking in a way that would not be allowed in Sunday School, is a highly memorable event.  I'm not sure it would be.  Grown ups use profane words when they're with peers that they wouldn't use in public or on TV. 

You do, or you wouldn't have referred to it as tattling.

Using that logic, shouldn't you have shot the someone else who was calling the police in order to defend your crazy neighbor's right to wave his gun around?

I don't believe I have the right to do that. I believe it would have been aggression. But yes, in not doing that, I have done wrong in that I have allowed wrong.

Morality doesn't have to give you a right choice. That's what a lot of people don't understand about it. It's inherently illogical and inconsistent.

No more so than Coca-Cola executives who want Coke to sell more than Pepsi.

They also have the right to pursue their own interests because they're a business. Government must treat everyone equally. Not "America first".

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › They Actually Held a Hearing in the Senate about Trump's "S__hole"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy