Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › should the mentialy incopadent and mentaiy lil have the same rights
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) should the mentialy incopadent and mentaiy lil have the same rights (Read 364 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

should the mentialy incopadent and mentaiy lil have the same rights
Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
as every one else i just got back to gather with my boy frind that i had a five year ltr with its open but he is countly locked up in a grup home in the state of ny i am gaing to hire him a lawyer and relocate him with me when  i get some big  money but the ? still stands should the mentialy incomptant and mential ill have the same rights as every one elsei i say yes 

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: should the mentialy incopadent and mentaiy lil have the same rights
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Most people on this forum will say no. The mentally ill have been "proven incompetent" they will say.

Yet, when a three-time murderer is released from prison, once he finished his parole, his rights are sovereign. If I were to suggest that his rights should be taken away, because he has been proven incompetent, I would be advocating tyranny.

So basically, if you think Scotty is going to beam you up, no rights for you, but if you murder people, as long as you do it with a "SANE" sticker, your rights are golden.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:44pm:
Most people on this forum will say no. The mentally ill have been "proven incompetent" they will say.

Yet, when a three-time murderer is released from prison, once he finished his parole, his rights are sovereign. If I were to suggest that his rights should be taken away, because he has been proven incompetent, I would be advocating tyranny.

So basically, if you think Scotty is going to beam you up, no rights for you, but if you murder people, as long as you do it with a "SANE" sticker, your rights are golden.
opo thank u also there are convited sex ofreners and we s
Don't chemicaly catrate them just are just on a list but crimes should be public recodered any way

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Mentally incompetent people DO have the same rights.

I served as a juror on an unusual civil case. The "defendant" was an elderly woman who was "mentally ill".

The plaintiffs were the woman's daughter and son-in-law.  They were the caregivers of the mom, and the mom had "escaped" and gone on a walkabout.  Several times, we learned.  Each time the police were called to wrangle the mom and return her to the daughter's home.

This is where it gets really wierd.  After hearing a lot of "expert" testimony from doctors who examined the mom, and siblings of the plaintiffs, the jury was instructed to decide if the mom was capable of making the decision to leave her daughter's house.

Deliberations took all of 12 minutes.  It was a slam-dunk.  Crazy Mom should be free to go on her walkabouts whenever she chose.   The reasoning was simple: If the mom wasn't "mentally ill" enough to be institutionalized, then she enjoys the right to free movement like anyone else. 

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:12pm:

I served as a juror on an unusual civil case. The "defendant" was an elderly woman who was "mentally ill".

The plaintiffs were the woman's daughter and son-in-law.  They were the caregivers of the mom, and the mom had "escaped" and gone on a walkabout.  Several times, we learned.  Each time the police were called to wrangle the mom and return her to the daughter's home.

This is where it gets really wierd.  After hearing a lot of "expert" testimony from doctors who examined the mom, and siblings of the plaintiffs, the jury was instructed to decide if the mom was capable of making the decision to leave her daughter's house.

Deliberations took all of 12 minutes.  It was a slam-dunk.  Crazy Mom should be free to go on her walkabouts whenever she chose.   The reasoning was simple: If the mom wasn't "mentally ill" enough to be institutionalized, then she enjoys the right to free movement like anyone else. 

what state was this in cuz in the state of ny that would never happen and do u remember the cace name my grand pa did the same thing when after he got ministrokes and i am pritty shure this is a state by state issue

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:20pm:
what state was this in cuz in the state of ny that would never happen and do u remember the cace name my grand pa did the same thing when after he got ministrokes and i am pritty shure this is a state by state issue

The People's Republik of Kalifornia.  (Los Angeles Superior Court).

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:12pm:

If Crazy Mum really had rights, no one would have been allowed to wrangle her in the first place.

"Hi, police, this is Hateful Daughter. I'm calling you on Crazy Mum again."

"Oh. This is the police. What's she done wrong? What rights has she violated?"

"Uhm... none."

*click*

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:33pm:
If Crazy Mum really had rights, no one would have been allowed to wrangle her in the first place.

"Hi, police, this is Hateful Daughter. I'm calling you on Crazy Mum again."

"Oh. This is the police. What's she done wrong? What rights has she violated?"

"Uhm... none."

*click*

Yes, this civil "case" had no business tying up a L.A. courtroom for two days.  It was a waste of taxpayer money.  And you're right - the police never should have aprehended the mom without probable cause.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:04am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:42pm:
Yes, this civil "case" had no business tying up a L.A. courtroom for two days.  It was a waste of taxpayer money.  And you're right - the police never should have aprehended the mom without probable cause.

u know it illgle to call the cops when theres no crime lock the daughter up

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:10am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 11:27pm:
The People's Republik of Kalifornia.  (Los Angeles Superior Court).

link plz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › should the mentialy incopadent and mentaiy lil have the same rights
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy