Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Who but Government Would Come up with Nuclear Bombs?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Who but Government Would Come up with Nuclear Bombs? (Read 159 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Who but Government Would Come up with Nuclear Bombs?
Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 2:39pm:
I do believe that without nuclear weapons, the U.S. and he Soviets would have engaged in a war even more destructive than WWII.  I also believe that the U.S. has no business trying to stop North Korea from acquiring them.

Very sensible in my opinion. Although I would just suggest that the US could have defeated the Soviet Union with the help of allies. But it's questionable on whether the allied nations would have agreed to ally with the US on another war.

[quote]Our likely disagreement on North Korea that I also don't believe Clinton needed to give North Korea nuclear technology and I believe that Trump is doing the right thing to keep the Li'l Kim from going off the rails.  I don't believe that South Korea would ever want to reunite with North Korea.  Rather they would be willing to absorb the DPROK into the ROK as West Germany absorbed the DDR into the BRD.

Regardless if you're right on Clinton being responsible for N.K. gaining nuclear technology, it's most likely they would have pursued the nuclear deterrent in any case.

Why is the applicable question because China has N.K.'s back? Rather, why not is a question to ponder. Questions likely too deep for this forum?

The soviets were agreeable to the reunification of Germany. The question is then, is China agreeable to the reunification of the Koreas? I would say yes, but not on the terms you suggest. But not necessarily on terms that S.K. would object to. The US would be of no concern, as has become evident already in this struggle.

I do however see hope of it happening on mostly S.K.'s terms, with great benefit to N.K.
And a deal in which Kim gains and his people gain enormously.

China is not going to allow anything to happen that isn't in it's interests. You can be certain of that as China climbs to the catseat in global affairs and global power.

Military being irrelevant because of China and Russia being untouchable now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Who but Government Would Come up with Nuclear Bombs?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy