Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Duluth School District Bans Two Classic Novels
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Duluth School District Bans Two Classic Novels (Read 169 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Duluth School District Bans Two Classic Novels
Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 5:09pm:
I wouldn't complain about this. It's likely to backfire.

When children learn the books have been banned, they'll want to read them, and they'll do it with interest and gusto rather than the plodding apathy of someone being forced to read a book.

They'll have to ban them from the library, too, if they want this not to backfire.

It seems our public school's method of preventing that is to so dumb down reading instruction that everything is a small "sound bite" and no one has the skill set to keep up with sustained silent reading.  It is unlikely that those students will be able to comprehend the meanings of those novels.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Duluth School District Bans Two Classic Novels
Reply #11 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
It seems our public school's method of preventing that is to so dumb down reading instruction that everything is a small "sound bite" and no one has the skill set to keep up with sustained silent reading.  It is unlikely that those students will be able to comprehend the meanings of those novels.

The US school system is fukked up by the political right and Christians. You're going to end up with lots of children not being able to get a decent education because of your greed that tells you that you have a right to keep all your money.

And I find it just fukking delightful because you're getting what you all deserve.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Duluth School District Bans Two Classic Novels
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy