Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Government Radio is So Concerned about "the Opioid Epidemic"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Why Government Radio is So Concerned about "the Opioid Epidemic" (Read 102 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Why Government Radio is So Concerned about "the Opioid Epidemic"
Feb 11th, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  

At first it was something to beat Trump up on by saying that he's not doing enough.  Now that his AG is cracking down on drugs, they say it's because it's a big problem mainly in red states.  So this is the point they want to make.

It was like when Rush Limbaugh was addicted to opioids.  The media called it "hillbilly heroin."   Can you imagine if a black media figure was found adicted to crack and the media called it "n____r champagne?"  Of course not.  But racist stereotypes are a fine way to spend our tax dollars as long as it's whites/christians/conservatives being attacked.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Why Government Radio is So Concerned about "the Opioid Epidemic"
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 9:20am:
At first it was something to beat Trump up on by saying that he's not doing enough.  Now that his AG is cracking down on drugs, they say it's because it's a big problem mainly in red states.  So this is the point they want to make.

It was like when Rush Limbaugh was addicted to opioids.  The media called it "hillbilly heroin."   Can you imagine if a black media figure was found adicted to crack and the media called it "n____r champagne?"  Of course not.  But racist stereotypes are a fine way to spend our tax dollars as long as it's whites/christians/conservatives being attacked.

What I said on another thread applies close enough to post here. You relating this issue to racism is telling for you.

Quote:
You didn't understand my comments. In simpler words, any racism issues that are arising now began with resentment of Obama and then Trump being able to capitalize on those feelings.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What I said on another thread applies close enough to post here. You relating this issue to racism is telling for you.

What does it tell?

Quote:
Quote:
You didn't understand my comments. In simpler words, any racism issues that are arising now began with resentment of Obama and then Trump being able to capitalize on those feelings.

I hope you're not claiming originality with that comment . . .

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:13pm:
What does it tell?

Quote:

I hope you're not claiming originality with that comment . . .

It's far from original. But I use it here because it's nver been accepted by you as the truth.

You're involved with evading the issue and so I have nothing more to offer here.

This is just another issue where racism applies.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 9:20am:
But racist stereotypes are a fine way to spend our tax dollars as long as it's whites/christians/conservatives being attacked.

As libertarians point out, this is not aggression. No rights are being violated by calling people names.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
As libertarians point out, this is not aggression. No rights are being violated by calling people names.

Right, the aggression took place when the government taxed me. They give some of that stolen money to public radio because it does good works on behalf of the public.  Calling Oxycontin "hillbilly heroin" they apparently believe is in the public interest.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Government Radio is So Concerned about "the Opioid Epidemic"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy