Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Israel Attacking Syria.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Israel Attacking Syria. (Read 78 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Israel Attacking Syria.
Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/02/10/israel-launches-large-scale-attack-on-syria-...

Or Iran?

Some real libertarians at antiwar.com at least express their antiwar views and aren't fooled by Israel's aggression.

IP Logged

kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Israel Attacking Syria.
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/02/10/israel-launches-large-scale-attack-on-syria-...

Or Iran?

Some real libertarians at antiwar.com at least express their antiwar views and aren't fooled by Israel's aggression.

Israel isn't even violating NAP.  There is nothing wrong with killing the people who are trying to kill you

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Israel isn't even violating NAP.  There is nothing wrong with killing the people who are trying to kill you

I criticize Israel for establishing settlements to change the demographics of occupied lands for political gain.  I don't criticize them for responding strongly to attacks. 

For too many people it's either ~Israel is always right~ or ~Israel is always wrong.~

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:41pm:
I criticize Israel for establishing settlements to change the demographics of occupied lands for political gain.  I don't criticize them for responding strongly to attacks. 

For too many people it's either ~Israel is always right~ or ~Israel is always wrong.~

The point is, too many people are fooled into thinking that Israel is always right and that's promoted by pitying them for what happened 75 years ago.

Your blaming of Israel is at least a token of your fairness concerning their land grab from the Palestinian people.

The commenters at antiwar.com on this article are much more outspoken as libertarians and they soundly condemn Israel for the quite obvious unwarranted aggression. Or at least that's the way they see it.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:41pm:

Yes, they do.  I'm not one of them.  I have issues with Israel too.  Starting with that contrary to popular belief, the number one espionage country against the US is not Russia, it's Israel.  And they've then turned around and done things like sell it to Argentina who murdered our closest ally, the Brits with it.

On the settlements specifically, I don't really know enough specifically either way.  I'd have to really dig deeper to get into that.

Israel is hands down freer and a better ally than any of their neighbors.  And they have every right to kill the people trying to kill them.

Don's just a Jew hater.   He looks at terrorists targeting civilians and thinks they are better than Israel, who goes to extreme lengths to not kill civilians.  He says that 52 Arab countries and 1 Jew country is one too many Jew countries

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Your blaming of Israel is at least a token of your fairness concerning their land grab from the Palestinian people

Your country was the first to recognize the transitional government of Israel.  Then the USSR was the first to recognize Israel as a sovereign nation

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Israel Attacking Syria.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy