Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Coward of Broward - Our Government Helping us Again
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Coward of Broward - Our Government Helping us Again (Read 746 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: The Coward of Broward - Our Government Helping us Again
Reply #60 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:17pm:
Whatever?  At least I've convinced you to give up on the silly childish troll cartoons.

You can always start them again any time!

You did, but you convinced me to do that as you haven't been trolling.  When you start trolling again, they will come back

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
You did, but you convinced me to do that as you haven't been trolling.  When you start trolling again, they will come back

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #62 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:29pm:
Roll Eyes

This is all you could come up with to counter me?  OMG, that's funny.  And embarrassing for you

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:41pm:
This is all you could come up with to counter me?  OMG, that's funny.  And embarrassing for you

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Scot Peterson, the deputy who failed to act during the Parkland massacre thought the shots were coming from outside the building, and thats why he didn't enter the building to investigate.  That's what his lawyer,  Joseph DiRuzzo III is saying. 

It could be true.  Anyone who has ever heard gunfire around buildings or flat surfaces knows how tough it is to pinpoint exactly where the fire is coming from, because the sound bounces off walls.

This is a semi-plausible explanation of why Deputy Peterson chose to remain outside the building where the shooting was taking place. 

Still a little fishy, though, imo. He couldn't figure out that the shooting was inside the building in FOUR MINUTES??  That seems like an extremely long time to make an assessment of where the gunfire is coming from. And he never actually made that assessment.  He learned that the gunman was inside only AFTER responding deputies had arrived on the scene.  Hmmmm..    Very fishy.

edit, add link to story:

http://time.com/5176090/scot-peterson-not-coward-parkland-cop/

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #65 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
Scot Peterson, the deputy who failed to act during the Parkland massacre thought the shots were coming from outside the building, and thats why he didn't enter the building to investigate.  That's what his lawyer,  Joseph DiRuzzo III is saying. 

It could be true.  Anyone who has ever heard gunfire around buildings or flat surfaces knows how tough it is to pinpoint exactly where the fire is coming from, because the sound bounces off walls.

This is a semi-plausible explanation of why Deputy Peterson chose to remain outside the building where the shooting was taking place. 

Still a little fishy, though, imo. He couldn't figure out that the shooting was inside the building in FOUR MINUTES??  That seems like an extremely long time to make an assessment of where the gunfire is coming from. And he never actually made that assessment.  He learned that the gunman was inside only AFTER responding deputies had arrived on the scene.  Hmmmm..    Very fishy.

edit, add link to story:

http://time.com/5176090/scot-peterson-not-coward-parkland-cop/

That would be a better argument if he hadn't stayed where he was.

I agree with you to a degree on that it can be hard to "pinpoint" where gunfire is coming from for sure.  Even in the woods, the sound kind of echoes through the trees and hills.

But knowing if it's inside or outside seems doubtful.  Particularly when he was outside and didn't see anyone shooting.

Also, once he was inside, he'd know pretty quickly when he went the wrong way given the continual shooting.

I know you were implying you weren't exactly believing him

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #66 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
That would be a better argument if he hadn't stayed where he was.

I agree with you to a degree on that it can be hard to "pinpoint" where gunfire is coming from for sure.  Even in the woods, the sound kind of echoes through the trees and hills.

But knowing if it's inside or outside seems doubtful.  Particularly when he was outside and didn't see anyone shooting.

Also, once he was inside, he'd know pretty quickly when he went the wrong way given the continual shooting.

I know you were implying you weren't exactly believing him
I don't believe he couldn't tell the shots were coming from inside the school, but I know his job when he heard shots anywhere around the school was to go inside, where the people he was being paid to protect were located.

He made a bad decision and is paying for it... Was he unionized? Will that mean he still gets a pension?

Anyway, I don't see how any Sheriff can be sure that everyone in his department will always make the right decision, and why it's his fault if they don't.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #67 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:51pm:
I don't believe he couldn't tell the shots were coming from inside the school, but I know his job when he heard shots anywhere around the school was to go inside, where the people he was being paid to protect were located.

He made a bad decision and is paying for it... Was he unionized? Will that mean he still gets a pension?

Anyway, I don't see how any Sheriff can be sure that everyone in his department will always make the right decision, and why it's his fault if they don't.

I heard one story say he resigned and retired.  So I'm sure he'll get a pension.  I can't buy his lawyer's story about thinking the shots were coming from outside.  It sounds like the kind of story a lawyer would come up with days after the event.  Peterson already resigned in disgrace and did not dispute his Sheriff's harsh condemnation of his cowardice.  It's a little late to put lipstick on that particular pig.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 6:04pm:
I heard one story say he resigned and retired.  So I'm sure he'll get a pension.
The union contract requires it? Or the Broward County government is just going to allow it.

Allowing government employees who screw up badly to resign "in disgrace" and keep their pensions and benefits is bad policy.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:23pm:

It's quite likely not true but it's a good defense. And the gungoons will accept it if they know what's good for their cause. If they don't and they decide to take on the cops then they lose one of their best allies.

Quote:

That's true. But it's very likely a defense that will be acceptable to the gungoon lobby. They don't want a fight with law enforcement. That would be the beginning of their end.

Quote:

Semi, but a sure winner.

Quote:

Yep, fishy as hell. He just did what any sane person would do after hearing an AR type rifle being fired on semi-amtomaic. It pretty well had to be even though there are a few equally as deadly choices that can be readily had.

Blaming the school cop is the gungoons' desperation after their 'cops in schools' fix didn't work.

If they ever succeed in forcing teachers to pack heat they will need to have some excuses ready to explain why that didn't work either. Only they'll have some dead teachers to explain away.

Overall, everything is going according to the plan. Fortress America becoming even more, the joke for the rest of the world to talk about.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Coward of Broward - Our Government Helping us Again
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy