Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Death penalty
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Death penalty (Read 657 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Death penalty
Reply #20 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My answer to the pig was a better answer than yours. He'll understand mine at least.

The pig's a very troubled individual and I'm quite surprised that you don't seem to have recognized that yet, with your 'claimed' expertise. If you had then you would be handling him in a more appropriate way.

The pig goes off even when nobody is trying to set him off.

Jeezuz fking krist, are all libertarians mentally ill in some peculiar way. Is anti-establishment or maybe anti-authority a definable mental illness?

Isn't that the pig's problem he's displaying, mr. socalled professional? Or are you too fked up yourself to answer?

Inane prattle is not the quality trolling that I expect from my subjects.  Once again, your request for a troll video is denied.  Stop screwing up and troll, troll

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #21 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So your answer is, just the establishment would think so.

Mental illness can't be that which is accepted to be the norm.

If more than say 5% of the people are fixated on their guns and the urge to use it on somebody, then that can't be defined as a mental illness. The 5% is negotiable. It would apply in Canada but it may be as high as 20% in the US.

Anyway, you being a professional, you get it.

Now that's more like it.  Here is your reward for doing as you were told to troll, my pet

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:52pm:
Inane prattle is not the quality trolling that I expect from my subjects.  Once again, your request for a troll video is denied.  Stop screwing up and troll, troll

Trolling is only in the mind of the beholder. You define it for me and I'll try to help out.

On topic: Everything on this forum seems to issue from the feelings of supposed libertarians from a well defined direction.

It's all related to feelings of either anti-establishment or anti-authority.

Or better explained as need for rights.

Those rights aren't being threatened and libertarians don't find they're important for that reason.

Libertarians are actively trying to promote others to infringe on their rights so that they will be noticed. The example I like to use, because it's the most extremist and most descriptive is the example of libertarians wishing up a home invasion.

There's nothing that would give them the pleasure of being noticed as much as them being able to shoot somebody. There's nothing that could make it more widely known to others that libertarians are for real and their rights are very, very serious to them.

Why the fk they need that, that's the mental illness part of it all.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There's nothing that would give them the pleasure of being noticed as much as them being able to shoot somebody. There's nothing that could make it more widely known to others that libertarians are for real and their rights are very, very serious to them.

Or people like you could just understand that without anybody having to be shot.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #24 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Trolling is only in the mind of the beholder. You define it for me and I'll try to help out.

On topic: Everything on this forum seems to issue from the feelings of supposed libertarians from a well defined direction.

It's all related to feelings of either anti-establishment or anti-authority.

Or better explained as need for rights.

Those rights aren't being threatened and libertarians don't find they're important for that reason.

Libertarians are actively trying to promote others to infringe on their rights so that they will be noticed. The example I like to use, because it's the most extremist and most descriptive is the example of libertarians wishing up a home invasion.

Why the fk they need that, that's the mental illness part of it all.

Others seem to have pretty much the same recognition I do of when you're trolling.  You make sweeping, stupid, flame assertions about libertarians and the United States and individuals.  I usually ignore the ones where you're just attacking me in terms of being trolling.

I've clearly set my standard as I post the troll video to identify posts where you're just trolling.

But I would definitely be open to improving the accuracy of the "troll activity in the area" warnings.  If you or others disagree either by saying such identified posts are not trolling or ones I didn't identify are, I'd be interested in hearing.

Even when you're not overtly trolling, you walk on the line unless you're sucking up to Tom.  So I can't say my system is perfect or ever would be.  But I'd like to improve it so let me know

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
This is a troll thread about the death penalty for infidelity?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:21pm:
I personally oppose the death penalty.  I do not believe it's an effective deterrent and never will be because so much of the country is against it and will always fight every implementation tooth and nail to stop it.
Most people opposing something proves nothing.

If you claim the death penalty is not a deterrent, you should offer evidence.

Even if it is not a deterrent, it is cheap and effective in ensuring that the executed won't ever attack any innocents again.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:04pm:
Most people opposing something proves nothing.

If you claim the death penalty is not a deterrent, you should offer evidence.

Even if it is not a deterrent, it is cheap and effective in ensuring that the executed won't ever attack any innocents again.

You've got the burden of evidence wrong their.  How do prove a negative exactly?  But

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-states-without-death-penalty-have-had-co...

There is no evidence that it acts as a deterrent expect in the limited form I've described.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:13pm:
You've got the burden of evidence wrong their.  How do prove a negative exactly?
You said you do not and will not believe the death penalty is a deterrent.

I asked you to present your argument in support of your assertion.

Your question in response indicates that you lose, you refuse to support your assertion.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:13pm:
There is no evidence that it acts as a deterrent expect (sic) in the limited form I've described. 
So the limited evidence says you are wrong. I knew that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Death penalty
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy