Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Death penalty
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Death penalty (Read 802 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Death penalty
Reply #50 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
Sorry, I misspoke. Embarrassed

I meant to say "large numbers of" as I did before. (It gets boring saying the same things if you make me use the exact wording every time.... But if that's the only way you can learn, by constant simple explanations, I'm willing to keep trying to teach you.) Kiss

Sweet! But it's not your idea and so that just makes it copcatting. Turnabout?

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sweet! But it's not your idea and so that just makes it copcatting.
As I have said on this forum, I've probably never had an original idea.

But this isn't about ideas, it's about empirical evidence.

Actually, on reflection, I misspoke the first time. I stand with "Most" as I said the second time.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Jeff is right about what most murders in the US are, people killing family members and criminals killing each other and folks caught in the cross fire.

The death penalty only deters previous killers from more killing if they were likely to kill again.  Some certainly are, most, the gang bangers mostly aren't.  Their mostly men under 25 and the evidence is pretty clear, men over 25 don't engage in nearly the level of violence of their younger selves.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:26pm:
The death penalty only deters previous killers from more killing if they were likely to kill again.  Some certainly are, most, the gang bangers mostly aren't.
Because they are in prison and can't? They do manage to kill each other in prison  don't they?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:26pm:
Jeff is right about what most murders in the US are, people killing family members and criminals killing each other and folks caught in the cross fire.

The death penalty only deters previous killers from more killing if they were likely to kill again.  Some certainly are, most, the gang bangers mostly aren't.  Their mostly men under 25 and the evidence is pretty clear, men over 25 don't engage in nearly the level of violence of their younger selves.

How is he right? Which time? First he said it was all gangmembers murdering each other, then he said it was 'mostly' gang members murdering each other, now you say he's right bey expanding it to family members, criminals killing each other, and people caught in the crossfire.

Fwiw, I think that according to the statistics, you've both arrived as pretty close to right. Just throw in the crazy gungoons in Las Vegas, Florida, Newtown, etc., etc. and you both would be even closer!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #55 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How is he right? Which time? First he said it was all gangmembers murdering each other, then he said it was 'mostly' gang members murdering each other, now you say he's right bey expanding it to family members, criminals killing each other, and people caught in the crossfire.

Fwiw, I think that according to the statistics, you've both arrived as pretty close to right. Just throw in the crazy gungoons in Las Vegas, Florida, Newtown, etc., etc. and you both would be even closer!

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How is he right? Which time?
When I said "most". That was the second time, although "almost all" is also technically correct.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
I guess the last time didn't work... But I'm sure if you keep pummeling Donat with facts like this, he  will be forced to agree that you are correct!

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:06pm:
When I said "most". That was the second time, although "almost all" is also technically correct.

Like I said, you're both pretty close. When you talk sensibly I have not argument with you. You know I commend you for it when you deserve it.

This sort of talk between us is going to drive the pig crazy with envy. Better we don't sweet one.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Like I said, you're both pretty close.
You never said that, but it's meaningless anyway, like most everything you say.

What is said is correct, well supported by empirical evidence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Death penalty
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy