Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Which Ideas?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Which Ideas? (Read 906 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Which Ideas?
Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 10:07am:
Your ideas are dangerous and evil, and you must either be evil or stupid to hold them.

Which of my ideas are dangerous and evil? I've said a hundred times that libertarianism is right, and I just prefer tyranny on an emotional, selfish level.

Why shouldn't I? Tyrants give me some rights. Libertarianism lets the first freetard that comes along shoot me because I'm a wild animal according to Rothbard.

Jeff wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:20am:
The Opposition wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:39pm:
That to have rights, a being needs to understand them (agree with exactly how libertarians think they work) and demand them for itself.

I might want rights, but I don't think they [ought to] work the way Rothbard says they do, and furthermore I have a moral objection to making such a demand.

This is what, as far as theories of human rights go, makes you the equivalent of a wild beast. You either can't understand, or refuse to understand, that very human is born with the exact same rights.

Jeff wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:49am:
You have no more rights than an animal, because your understanding of rights is at the level of a predatory animal.

...But as I've said, many, many times, freedom is right and tyranny is wrong. I don't get to steal because I would like the thing in another man's pocket. I don't get to kill because my life would be better off with someone dead.

Just like I shouldn't advocate tyranny just because it makes me better off.

It's about respecting rights. This is something that must be done, no matter what the consequences.

So which of my ideas are stupid and evil? Am I not allowed to have a personal preference? Am I not allowed to say what I think even if I don't do anything about it and have sworn I won't?

I'm guessing the "dangerous" part of my ideas is where I've seen through the libertarian facade of equality. Like everyone else, you want to strip rights from some so others can have more.

Well you shouldn't care because I don't. If rights are only for some, and not me, then fine. That's not a downgrade over anything else I've been told my whole life.

I still believe libertarianism is morally correct and I will follow it to the letter.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Which Ideas?
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:54pm:
Which of my ideas are dangerous and evil?
The tyrannical authoritarian one's that make you constantly ridicule and argue against liberal minded people.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:11pm:
The tyrannical authoritarian one's that make you constantly ridicule and argue against liberal minded people.

Was I not supposed to argue against crappy logic even if it somehow finds the right conclusion? I'll give you better logic that actually proves your conclusions if you like.

Jeff: All birds are chickens, and some chickens have feathers, therefore snakes don't have feathers.

Opposition: That's illogical. Not only does the conclusion not follow from the premises (invalidity) but you used at least one false premise. You just got a true conclusion by accident.

Jeff: STUPID EVIL TYRANT!!!

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:54pm:
I'm guessing the "dangerous" part of my ideas is where I've seen through the libertarian facade of equality. Like everyone else, you want to strip rights from some so others can have more.

Could you list the rights we want to "strip" form others? 

Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
Was I not supposed to argue against crappy logic even if it somehow finds the right conclusion? I'll give you better logic that actually proves your conclusions if you like.

Jeff: All birds are chickens, and some chickens have feathers, therefore snakes don't have feathers.

Opposition: That's illogical. Not only does the conclusion not follow from the premises (invalidity) but you used at least one false premise. You just got a true conclusion by accident.

Jeff: STUPID EVIL TYRANT!!!
fooch

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Could you list the rights we want to "strip" form others? 

Smiley

All of them except those which animals possess.

Jeff wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:49am:
You have no more rights than an animal, because your understanding of rights is at the level of a predatory animal.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
fooch

Jeff: SNAKES DON'T HAVE FEATHERS IDIOT!!!

Opposition: But, I agree that snakes don't have feathers. The better argument is that they're reptiles, and since-

Jeff: BLAAAARRG!!!

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:28pm:
Opposition: But, I agree that snakes don't have feathers. The better argument is that they're reptiles, and since-

Jeff: BLAAAARRG!!!
Dolt.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:28pm:
Jeff: SNAKES DON'T HAVE FEATHERS IDIOT!!!

They do after about Jeff's third jug of white lightning.  They also have goatees and wear tuxedos

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 6:55am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
All of them except those which animals possess.

Still advocating the destruction of civilization and the return to the law of the jungle. That's what makes you dangerous.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Which Ideas?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy