Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Income Inequality
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Income Inequality (Read 1679 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Income Inequality
Reply #10 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Good discussion to start Ruby!

Jeff made a comment that is the only one to address the issue correctly:

It could have been sarcasm or it could be mistated but it's still true.

Wealth has already been redistributed to the most wealthy in the US, which makes any later attempts such as this, nothing more than attempts at bringing back some badly needed balance.

The the pig (kaz) claims on who pays the taxes is a familiar dodge to get away from the actual truth. Claiming that corps pay something like 20% tax isn't realistic because it's not the effective tax rate.

To begin a real discussioin, take off-shore accounts and invertments as an example. And there are dozens more.

Poor Americans such as those who post on this forum are patsies who have been coerced into supporting the outrageous income inequality. It's a real mystery how the refuse to see the light. Are you just another one of them?

Excellent!  Given your recent rash of low quality trolling, the judges have awarded you both an applause video AND a troll video for this post given that it's two troll videos in a row.  They want to encourage you to get back on track.

Here you go!

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:42pm:
There's no honor in that.  I guess I'll just go on paying Taxes...    *sigh*

Depending on your income level, progressive change would likely cause you to break even or more likely benefit.

Judging by your level of bitching and complaining and being a libertarian, my guess is you would gain quite handily!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Poor Americans such as those who post on this forum are patsies who have been coerced into supporting the outrageous income inequality. It's a real mystery how the refuse to see the light. Are you just another one of them?

I have never been "coerced" into supporting income equality.  I was taught work ethics at a very young age. "If you want something, you have to work for it - don't expect things to just fall in your lap."

That was a very long time ago, though.  Our coins had real silver in them!!  Common values and ethics have changed a lot since then.

"A dollar is a receipt for a claim check on an IOU." - Mike Maloney

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:59pm:
I have never been "coerced" into supporting income equality.  I was taught work ethics at a very young age. "If you want something, you have to work for it - don't expect things to just fall in your lap."

That was a very long time ago, though.  Our coins had real silver in them!!  Common values and ethics have changed a lot since then.

"A dollar is a receipt for a claim check on an IOU." - Mike Maloney

You continue to think we disagree in principle. We don't and I'm totally aware of your work ethic and subscribe to it the same as you.

The point I make is that income redistribution has already taken place and that calls for redistributing it back. The numbers don't lie.

Your libertarian cause for some sort of equality or fairness has been hijacked in your own heads.

You libertarians are the 1%'s best friends. They'll never be threatened as long as libertarians promote their theft of your country's wealth.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Depending on your income level, progressive change would likely cause you to break even or more likely benefit.

Judging by your level of bitching and complaining and being a libertarian, my guess is you would gain quite handily!

The judges have asked me to point out that flaming is not the same as trolling even though flaming is part of trolling.  And you can't say that one was my fault for not telling you because I have informed you of that one

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You continue to think we disagree in principle. We don't and I'm totally aware of your work ethic and subscribe to it the same as you.

The point I make is that income redistribution has already taken place and that calls for redistributing it back. The numbers don't lie.

Your libertarian cause for some sort of equality or fairness has been hijacked in your own heads.

You libertarians are the 1%'s best friends. They'll never be threatened as long as libertarians promote their theft of your country's wealth.

Now this is an interesting one.  You almost blew any chance of a troll video with the red.  Remember, making posters laugh is the deadly enemy of trolls.  You don't get laughing people upset by trolling.

Then you moved into the green, which was quality trolling.  However, the judges were still laughing from the red and tossed it out.

Then you moved into the purple with leftist drivel. 

Just when it appeared a total loss despite the quality trolling in the green, you pulled it out of the fire and smashed it with the blue!  Just a fabulous troll moment in history.  Nice job, and here's your video.

Remember, watch the humor though, it almost cost you

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:

If you're for wealth distribution, then we absolutely disagree in principle. 

Quote:

I think I understand what you're trying to convey here  - you're implying that wealth from the working class is being siphoned to the 1%ers, is this correct?   

Trump is attempting to do this with this new Income Tax reform.  He has cut taxes on the rich and the proletariat must foot the bill (interest on deficit spending). 

Still doesn't make wealth distribution right.

Quote:

If Income Taxes were abolished, the 1% could not steal our wealth.  American's wouldn't limit their income to avoid a higher tax bracket.  People would be more productive, and the economy would benefit greatly.

Botton line:     Income Taxes/wealth distribution hurts GDP.

“As government expands, liberty contracts.” - Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:28pm:

I think I understand what you're trying to convey here  - you're implying that wealth from the working class is being siphoned to the 1%ers, is this correct?   

Trump is attempting to do this with this new Income Tax reform.  He has cut taxes on the rich and the proletariat must foot the bill (interest on deficit spending). 

If Income Taxes were abolished, the 1% could not steal our wealth.  American's wouldn't limit their income to avoid a higher tax bracket.  People would be more productive, and the economy would benefit greatly.

Well, the 1% earn 20% of income and in 2014 paid 46% of federal taxes, so they aren't doing it very well.  Preliminary numbers suggest the 1% are paying an even higher number since 2014.

Also, I've always wondered how it makes sense that the rich are getting wealthy by stealing money from the poor!  They take money from the people who don't have any money.  Hmm ...

I'm not saying this directly refutes you, I'm commenting on both Don and your points

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:28pm:

I'm against wealth distribution. But I doubt you'll find my explanation acceptable. My country started it in earnest during the Conservative government's reign. We elected a Liberal government that isn't interested in doing that nearly as much. The Conservatives were redistributing wealth to the wealthy and were making under the table preparations to destroy our health care system. 

Quote:

More or less correct. But more 'has' been in the past. Income inequality statistics shouldn't be ignored.  

Quote:

YES!

Quote:

It makes it wrong!

Quote:

Without putting too much thought into the idea, it would appear to me that would be correct. But! Could it ever actually happen? Could necessary taxation be achieved without taxing income?

Alright Chief, I'll go with you on discussing that more fully.

Quote:

I'm not convinced without a detailed argument. And even if it could be argued that it does, I'm of the opinion that it's not possible to eliminate income taxation.

Quote:

There could be some truth found in that but it can't be applied as just a blanket statement.

Your argument for a sales tax has too many flaws in it for me to accept as the solution. I can imagine how some people would be able to avoid taxation completely.

The level of taxation currently is necessary - waste and perhaps some other minor factors. If a sales tax could accomplish that then you may have a point. But it wouldn't be allowed to skew the proportions of taxes collected to any large degree.

Really, I can't understand why you object to income being taxed. I think it can be nothing more than the distribution of the tax burden.

The one place I won't go with you is in interfering in the social responsibility of government. If you can avoid doing that then I've opened a possibility of further discussion.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #19 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm against wealth distribution. But I doubt you'll find my explanation acceptable. My country started it in earnest during the Conservative government's reign. We elected a Liberal government that isn't interested in doing that nearly as much. The Conservatives were redistributing wealth to the wealthy and were making under the table preparations to destroy our health care system

Overall, the judges have ruled that this response is too overtly dishonest and confusing to award you a troll video.  The first response was terrible and you never recovered.

That you don't support wealth redistribution is like, what?

And then you make a weak attempt to tie wealth redistribution to the right instead of the left.  That the right also supports wealth redistribution can easily be made.  But that they drive it and the left opposes it?  No one's dumb enough to get emotional over anything that inane.

The judges have determined at that point you were just making no sense and nothing you said after that could provide any troll value.

Sorry guy, they weren't impressed by this one, not at all

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Income Inequality
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy