Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should South Africa Take Back Their Land?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Should South Africa Take Back Their Land? (Read 825 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Should South Africa Take Back Their Land?
Feb 28th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/business/420021-africa-white-owned-land/

A good issue for libertarians because there are two distinct ways of looking at this. Remembering that the land was taken from the people due to apartheid. This is also a direct parallel issue to the Israelis apartheid land grab. In my opinion and I'm sure in the opinions of others too.

What do libertarians think?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Should South Africa Take Back Their Land?
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
If you people can't come around to facing reality and promoting real libertarianism, then let this stick in your craws for a while.

If there's no way of getting a message of responsibility across then have it crammed up your asses for a while.

I'm feeling pretty cocky today already. The deadly ominous silence is deafening.

IP Logged

The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
I don't see what's wrong with confiscating white-owned land.

The article explains it's not even theirs. It was taken under apartheid and the government is dragging its feet in restoring it to its rightful owners.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:16pm:

The article explains it's not even theirs. It was taken under apartheid and the government is dragging its feet in restoring it to its rightful owners.

That's the way I feel about it Oppo. But you with your big brain should be able to understand why I posted it on this forum. I'll consider that you do and so I don't have to spill the beans for those who don't understand. They will speak up soon enough I suspect. Til then it's our little secret.

Progably too simple for most of them to get, but you (I) have to start somewhere with their re-education!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's the way I feel about it Oppo. But you with your big brain should be able to understand why I posted it on this forum. I'll consider that you do and so I don't have to spill the beans for those who don't understand. They will speak up soon enough I suspect. Til then it's our little secret.

Probably too simple for most of them to get, but you (I) have to start somewhere with their re-education!

They're not going to be re-educated about anything because they base their beliefs on the same thing you do. It's in your post. I highlighted it, but only slightly.

You get what you deserve when they fling shit rather than considering the facts, because you also fling shit rather than considering the facts.

You're not even talking to each other. You're talking at each other.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1047257/understanding-your-babys-cognitive-develop...
Quote:
At 18 months he may not mind other children playing with his toys, but by two he snatches them back. He likes to be with other children, but doesn't really play with them unless they are older. Your child cannot put himself in someone else's shoes. As hitting someone else doesn't hurt him, he assumes it doesn't hurt them either. And if he bangs into a chair, he'll say the chair hurt him.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
https://www.rt.com/business/420021-africa-white-owned-land/

A good issue for libertarians because there are two distinct ways of looking at this. Remembering that the land was taken from the people due to apartheid. This is also a direct parallel issue to the Israelis apartheid land grab. In my opinion and I'm sure in the opinions of others too.

What do libertarians think?

Taking land that did not belong to the UK and giving it to Jews in and out of the area was indeed theft.  But since theft is almost universally accepted on this board as long as government does it, what's your point?

Once we accept that stealing is OK if it is practical, then the practical thing would be to steal even more land and give it to the Jews.  Seeing what a success they made of that tiny strip of desert, I have to wonder how great they would have done if they had been given all of the area known as "Jordon."  I'd offer them Lebanon also if not for how beautiful Lebanese women are.

That's Lebanese, Don.  Don't go off on an LGBT rant . . .

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Taking land that did not belong to the UK and giving it to Jews in and out of the area was indeed theft.  But since theft is almost universally accepted on this board as long as government does it, what's your point?

Once we accept that stealing is OK if it is practical, then the practical thing would be to steal even more land and give it to the Jews.  Seeing what a success they made of that tiny strip of desert, I have to wonder how great they would have done if they had been given all of the area known as "Jordon."  I'd offer them Lebanon also if not for how beautiful Lebanese women are.

That's Lebanese, Don.  Don't go off on an LGBT rant . . .

I don't accept theft by the government burnsred so you're right that it's 'almost' universally accepted.

But in my case, it's probably a misinterpretation of the others on my part as to what constitutes government theft.

As to your extremist views on all the other, commenting on it just drives you to more extremism. I maybe should because it's always interesting to test your limits!

And if I belabour the point with you, I risk you understanding what I'm doing and then I would lose control over you.

I regret saying that but I know you'll forget by tomorrow.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 5:56pm
Print Post  

Racist.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Taking land that did not belong to the UK and giving it to Jews in and out of the area was indeed theft.
Theft by UN decree?

Most people (other than Nazis in hiding) saw it as Justice and an opportunity.

All the Arabs in the area saw it as an opportunity to concentrate the Jews in one place and finish what Hitler started.

The Arabs figured wrong, and those Arabs around Israel steadfastly refuse to civilize themselves.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Right. They have a "socially responsible government" that is convinced that ownership of property is evil, so the government wants to keep all the property, but they have learned that when they do, people stop producing wealth for them to loot.

It's a dilemma for them. That's why they are dragging their feet.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should South Africa Take Back Their Land?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy