Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should South Africa Take Back Their Land?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Should South Africa Take Back Their Land? (Read 624 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Should South Africa Take Back Their Land?
Reply #30 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:29am:
The passage of time alters ownership?  How long would the low rider have to keep  Jeff's stolen car for Jeff to no longer own it?

False equivalency.

I'm talking about a situation where no one involved is alive, nor are a dozen generations of their descendants.

You're talking about the person who actually stole the car.

You're also begging the question and assuming that the land was ever "stolen"

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:09pm:
False equivalency.

I'm talking about a situation where no one involved is alive, nor are a dozen generations of their descendants.

You're talking about the person who actually stole the car.
So if the thief passed on the car to his heirs for enough generations, Jeff no longer owns it?  Does it have to be dozens?  Can it be a handful?  How about right after both Jeff and the thief are dead?  Jeff's heirs have no claim?

Quote:
You're also begging the question and assuming that the land was ever "stolen"

Good point.  I'll address that in a long-awaited upcoming thread.  I just decided to post a long version and a short version.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #32 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:13pm:
So if the thief passed on the car to his heirs for enough generations, Jeff no longer owns it?  Does it have to be dozens?  Can it be a handful?  How about right after both Jeff and the thief are dead?  Jeff's heirs have no claim?

False equivalency.  Comparing land ownership from many generations ago to a stolen car is idiotic.

So according to your logic, someone who they can prove their ancestor was falsely accused and murdered by the roman government 2,000 can reclaim the Vatican because it was their land.

And that's like a stolen car you got from your grandfather.

You're full of shit.  That's the stupid, disingenuous crap you always argue and why you have to keep changing what you argued and what your point was

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
I've pretty happy that you've all missed the point of this thread. Even Oppo with his big brain missed it, but he'll claim he didn't.

It was simply an experiment to find how pseudo-libertarians would decide the issue for themselves.

It's unanimously decided by skin colour.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #34 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:51pm:
I've pretty happy that you've all missed the point of this thread. Even Oppo with his big brain missed it, but he'll claim he didn't.

It was simply an experiment to find how pseudo-libertarians would decide the issue for themselves.

It's unanimously decided by skin colour.

WTF, you're admitting the blacks are being racists?

This is two posts in a row you were clearly not trolling.  The judges asked me to ask you a question.

What's going on?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:42pm:
False equivalency.  Comparing land ownership from many generations ago to a stolen car is idiotic.

So according to your logic, someone who they can prove their ancestor was falsely accused and murdered by the roman government 2,000 can reclaim the Vatican because it was their land.

And that's like a stolen car you got from your grandfather.

You're full of shit.  That's the stupid, disingenuous crap you always argue and why you have to keep changing what you argued and what your point was

Kaz iz a edeyit!

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:55pm:
WTF, you're admitting the blacks are being racists?

This is two posts in a row you were clearly not trolling.  The judges asked me to ask you a question.

What's going on?

Nobody knows who those judges are? Don't you want to explain what you're on about pig?

It had nothing to do with me thinking the blacks are racists. Bur fwiw, it sounds like the charge of racism could be applied to them because it's a debate whether the apartheid claim would trump racism or not.

It's not for me to answer, but I will if pushed on it. I'm the one asking the question.

You just failed to understand again. It's the answers coming from you pseudo-libertarians I was looking to get. And it's unanimously decided based on skin colour.

Those judges? What the hell are you talking about? What judges?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:01pm:
Kaz iz a edeyit!

He's fairly capable of thought but his rage makes him crazy. It's a demonstration of his flawed personality which caused his 4 or 5 businesses to fail. (probably 1 or 2)

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:04pm:
He's fairly capable of thought but his rage makes him crazy. It's a demonstration of his flawed personality which caused his 4 or 5 businesses to fail. (probably 1 or 2)

Yeah.  Even a one-person business like a plumber or some kind of craftsman would be hard for him to sustain because he interprets disagreement as a personal attack and responds with grade school insults.  He'd lose customers as soon as they asked about doing things another way besides his.

The one thing I could see him succeeding in is like a shoe shine stand or a newsstand if they even still have those.  The sale or the service would be very brief with little personal interaction so his manner could be overlooked if he had a convenient location.

Maybe that was the one out of five . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:07pm:
Yeah.  Even a one-person business like a plumber or some kind of craftsman would be hard for him to sustain because he interprets disagreement as a personal attack and responds with grade school insults.  He'd lose customers as soon as they asked about doing things another way besides his.

I don't think that's an exaggeration in the least. Then I have to wonder if he could have even made it to the point at which he had to interact with others? He hasn't described a business where he wouldn't have to interact with others.

Quote:
The one thing I could see him succeeding in is like a shoe shine stand or a newsstand if they even still have those.  The sale or the service would be very brief with little personal interaction so his manner could be overlooked if he had a convenient location.

Could be. But I recognize the intended insult to him with the reference to a 'shoeshiner'.

or

Extra! extra! Get your morning paper!

Actually, I con't imagine what he is claiming but the fun is in enraging him!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should South Africa Take Back Their Land?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy