Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . . (Read 908 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

"I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . .
Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:52am
Print Post  
. . . have due process later."

-Donald Trump

That's not what due process is.  That's pretty much the opposite of due process.  He ridiculed the other Republicans in the room for not standing up to the NRA.  But notice how his pre-due process gun confiscation idea wouldn't affect gun sales the way his earlier proposal to raise the buying age would?  The NRA is funded by millions of citizens who believe in gun rights.  But it is much more heavily funded by the firearms manufacturers.  The manufacturers don't care if guns get confiscated.  In fact, those who get their guns confiscated will most likely just buy more guns so it's a benefit to the makers. 

Not every problem has a government solution.  It's a tragedy that fifteen people died in a school.  It's arguably a greater tragedy that more than a hundred people per year are killed in school bus accidents, but no one is advocating confiscating school buses. 

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . .
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:52am:

-Donald Trump

That's not what due process is.  That's pretty much the opposite of due process.
Probably The Donald should have called his plan "asset forfeiture"... SCOTUS has already approved that.

Did anyone imagine he was a friend of Liberty or that electing him President would change him from being the crony deal maker he always was?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:37am
Print Post  

-Donald Trump

That's not what due process is.  That's pretty much the opposite of due process.  He ridiculed the other Republicans in the room for not standing up to the NRA.  But notice how his pre-due process gun confiscation idea wouldn't affect gun sales the way his earlier proposal to raise the buying age would?  The NRA is funded by millions of citizens who believe in gun rights.  But it is much more heavily funded by the firearms manufacturers.  The manufacturers don't care if guns get confiscated.  In fact, those who get their guns confiscated will most likely just buy more guns so it's a benefit to the makers. 

Not every problem has a government solution.  It's a tragedy that fifteen people died in a school.  It's arguably a greater tragedy that more than a hundred people per year are killed in school bus accidents, but no one is advocating confiscating school buses. 

I thought you said you did know Trump was a populist.  You forgot again?  And this article is almost two weeks late.

When they launched the Amnesty Commission, Trump said they're just terrific and he'll sign whatever they come up with and take the heat.  A few days later, it was clear wall or no deal.  He's a populist.

Then he did the same with guns like two weeks ago with this gun and at least a week ago make clear he didn't mean it.

Clinton was a populist.  He said things all the time to make people happy that he didn't do.

This thread is just a waste of everyone's time and shows you don't grasp what a populist is.  Everyone already knows this.  Once you realize you're dealing with a populist, you can't explode at what they say.  You have to wait to see what they actually intend to do and stop wasting everyone's time.

But wow, you're late on this one, it was over at least a week ago

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  

-Donald Trump

Yes, I watched that conference where Trump proposed suspending due process for expediency.

My jaw hit the floor.

Where's Kushner when you need him?  Isn't it his job to coach the president with the do's and don't-do's?

Oh, that's right - he just got shit-canned.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Trump will do nothing but if he thinks talking up gun control measures will keep him safe, that's what he'll do. The gungoons have nothing to fear from Trump.

We all should have learned that's the way Trump works by now. It's been repeated enough times. The Dreamers. Other examples?

Great political strategy once you people get over the lying aspect of it. You should if it's producing desirable results. In this case it's taking the wind right out of the students' sails.

Winning is more important than objecting to lying in government.

Come to think of it, it takes the wind out of the LP's sails too!

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Trump will do nothing but if he thinks talking up gun control measures will keep him safe, that's what he'll do. The gungoons have nothing to fear from Trump.

We all should have learned that's the way Trump works by now. It's been repeated enough times. The Dreamers. Other examples?

If it's been repeated that many times, wouldn't you already have more examples?

Quote:
Great political strategy once you people get over the lying aspect of it. You should if it's producing desirable results. In this case it's taking the wind right out of the students' sails.

Well, yes.  Just like once you buy into the idea that it's ok for government to steal because roads, it's only a short trip (on those government roads) to say that it's ok for government to steal because midnite basketball.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The judges didn't know what the hell you said, but there were enough trolling buzz words to award you a video.  Nice work!  Here you go!

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:40pm:
If it's been repeated that many times, wouldn't you already have more examples?

I'm pretty sure there are more but why would you take a kneejerk position on this? Trump has already started to change his mind on some of his gun control ideas. I'm suggesting he'll change his mind on all of it. This keeps the anti-gun side with him temporarily but it has to be termporary. The pro-gun side won't stand for anything that will be seen as gun control.

Quote:
Well, yes.  Just like once you buy into the idea that it's ok for government to steal because roads, it's only a short trip (on those government roads) to say that it's ok for government to steal because midnite basketball.

I don't see the connection and that's probably because there isn't one. You've just decided to be contrary on what I've said.

Save me the time to look up what midnight basketball means would you?

Otherwise, I don't think you can take Trump's lies without admitting to yourself that they are lies. And what does it matter if it's a winning strategy? Maybe find a word to replace 'lies'?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Well, yes.  Just like once you buy into the idea that it's ok for government to steal because roads

You believe in voluntary taxes, you can not drive on the roads!  That includes buses, taxis or anyone else who uses the roads because they are passing their taxes on to you.  That's such a completely different system. 

So let's see.  Who doesn't need to drive on roads (or with anyone who does).  People who live in shopping carts!  But wait, they don't pay taxes now!

Your system is different how again?

it's only a short trip (on those government roads) to say that it's ok for government to steal because midnite basketball.

Yes, when the Founding fathers put roads in the Constitution, nighttime basketball slipped their mind.  Obviously they are the same

moron

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm pretty sure there are more but why would you take a kneejerk position on this? Trump has already started to change his mind on some of his gun control ideas. I'm suggesting he'll change his mind on all of it. This keeps the anti-gun side with him temporarily but it has to be termporary. The pro-gun side won't stand for anything that will be seen as gun control.

I don't see the connection and that's probably because there isn't one. You've just decided to be contrary on what I've said.

Save me the time to look up what midnight basketball means would you?

Otherwise, I don't think you can take Trump's lies without admitting to yourself that they are lies. And what does it matter if it's a winning strategy? Maybe find a word to replace 'lies'?

The judges were very disappointed in this.  You correctly stated that Burnsred was being contradictory when he made the idiotic connection between roads and midnight basketball.  WTF.  That's not trolling at all.

BTW, midnight basketball is when local communities set up neighborhood basketball games with local kids at say midnight on Friday night to help keep them out of trouble.

Burnsred is a moron, there isn't even any cost to it.  It's volunteers and donated gym time since community gyms aren't otherwise used at midnight

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy