Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . . (Read 886 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . .
Reply #40 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I hear you and I understand that your argument is quite valid. Nobody should remain silent if a government institution is losing money when a private company can do it better and cheaper.

But my approach would be to subsidize some government enterprise with another that is profitable if there were obvious social gains to be had by doing so.

Please read that for what it says. Not to say it can or cannot happen. Just that it's a sane approach to the issue.

I know it may very well be impossible, but it may also be possible. I have no argument either way.

Now concerning the USPS, if it's not a money loser and it pays high wages, then ......................

It is very sane and very possible once we decide government doesn't have consent to steal from us.  Subsidize inexpensive first class mail with package delivery and junk mail.  Subsidize maintenance of older roads by charging tolls for newer roads and bridges.  Subsidize police availability to respond to calls in poor neighborhoods by charging middle class and upper class neighborhoods for having patrol cars on duty there.

You want to pay semi-skilled* postal workers as if they were skilled workers or professionals in order to affect social good by giving them tickets to the middle class that normally require education and training?  I have no problem with that at all.  Both of my parents were postal workers so I no doubt benefited from it.  My father never finished college and my mother barely finished high school.  Yet between them, they made combined six figures in today's dollars. 

But I can only agree to that as long as paying for it is voluntary through purchasing the services of the post office.  If the post office can be self-sustaining while paying above the market wages, so be it.**  But . . . I don't see any fairness at all in taxing a ten dollar per hour UPS package handler so that the government can pay a USPS package handler twenty-five dollars per hour.

*I define semi-skilled as needing significant training to do a job, but getting that training on the job rather than having to bring it to the application process.

**There may be one downside, though.  A typical postal worker would have difficulty making anywhere near what the government pays him anywhere else.  This leads postal managers to feel that they have their workers over a barrel.  That resulted in one the first workplace mass shootings when a guy "went postal" after being under pressure from his supervisor.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've heard that's a big lie. The government steals money from the postal service to make it look like it's not self-sufficient.

Wasn't getting caught in one lie today enough?

https://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2017/pr17_069.htm

You're dumber than a sack of hammers, Don_G.  Holy cow.   You obviously don't understand what a "net loss" means.  Eh - I was going to explain it, but I'd rather you stay stuck on stupid.  It looks good on you.  Grin

From the article you linked: 

"The U.S. Postal Service reported revenue of $69.6 billion for fiscal year 2017

Operating expenses for the year were $72.2 billion,

"The Postal Service reported a net loss for the year of $2.7 billion,"

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:15pm:
You're dumber than a sack of hammers, Don_G.  Holy cow.   You obviously don't understand what a "net loss" means.  Eh - I was going to explain it, but I'd rather you stay stuck on stupid.  It looks good on you.  Grin

From the article you linked: 

"The U.S. Postal Service reported revenue of $69.6 billion for fiscal year 2017

Operating expenses for the year were $72.2 billion,

"The Postal Service reported a net loss for the year of $2.7 billion,"

Gee Chief,  I didn't know there was such a thing as a net loss! Is that after wages or before wages?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Gee Chief,  I didn't know there was such a thing as a net loss! Is that after wages or before wages?

Stuck on stupid..  Don't ever change, Don_G!   Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:32pm:
Stuck on stupid..  Don't ever change, Don_G!   Smiley

I guess so?

That was a lot of hurt yesterday wasn't it. Your petulant displays were expected. Worth it too!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I guess so?

That was a lot of hurt yesterday wasn't it. Your petulant displays were expected. Worth it too!

I compiling a list of The Dumbest Things Ever Said Or Written. Not surprisingly, theres ONE person who contributes to my list almost daily.  Here are some samples:

Quote:
... society would collapse completely when free stuff is taken away from 90% or more of the people.

Quote:
Guns have rights to not be touched in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable.

But only in America and being touched by Americans. Canadian guns have no rights.

Quote:
People who were employed in the US and lost their employment have a right to state welfare.  The US has an obligation to those people after they have served in employment in the US.

Quote:
Must I remind you again that I'm the libertarian and you are one of the fakers. 

Quote:
libertarians take action now! Bitching and complaining and whining and grunting and oinking isn't going to change anything.

It's time to use the only power you will ever have to wreck government and that is your GUNS!

Quote:
Regulations are good for libertarians too. A rational approach to eliminate useless regulations is beyond the pseudo-libertarian's capacity to think straight.

Quote:
I think that maybe the reason why Americans can't accept universal health care is because too many black people would beneift.

Quote:
It's called taxation and it benefits everyone. Some way or other a government has to keep poverty at a low enough standard that is befitting the country's wealth.

Quote:
Wanting less government is a flawed concept...

Staggeringly stupid stuff.  It almost seems deliberate. But I think it's genuine stupidity. You're the gift that keeps on giving!  Keep it up!   Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 2:04pm:
I compiling a list of The Dumbest Things Ever Said Or Written. Not surprisingly, theres ONE person who contributes to my list almost daily.  Here are some samples:

Staggeringly stupid stuff.  It almost seems deliberate. But I think it's genuine stupidity. You're the gift that keeps on giving!  Keep it up!   Smiley

Some are obvious sarcasm, such as you people touching your guns in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable.

Most ard dead serious on my part but said in an insulting and condescending way.

The stupid would only be applicable to a difference in poliics.

I think I've covered all the possibilities but If not then hit me with it.

I'm quite surprised at the amount of work you've done to complle that list. It has to be on account of your bad feellings.
How about this one for a debate with you?

Quote:
Regulations are good for libertarians too. A rational approach to eliminate useless regulations is beyond the pseudo-libertarian's capacity to think straight.

Just forget your hurt and apply  yourself to stating your best libertarian argument. It's a chance for you to show your worth!
Or lack of?

I chose it because it's a slamdunk for you. All you have to do is think straight to prove me wrong. Or 'stupid', whetever.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm quite surprised at the amount of work you've done to complle that list. It has to be on account of your bad feellings.
How about this one for a debate with you?

Thanks.  It's really not much "work" at all.  Each day, you post some dumb-ass comments. I simply copy & paste them to a .txt folder titled DTESOW  (Dumbest Things Ever Said Or Written) It literally only takes a few seconds.  Smiley

Quote:
Just forget your hurt and apply  yourself to stating your best libertarian argument. It's a chance for you to show your worth!
Or lack of?

You give yourself too much credit.  You cannot cause me to "hurt".  No coward ever will. 

We've really strayed off topic here.  We should be discussing due process with gun owners who have committed no crime but face gun confiscation on an anonymous tip.

My personal feeling is it violates the 2nd and 4th Amendments.  I think Trump has been briefed on this, because today he reversed his position on suspending due process.

He should have been briefed prior to that WH conference he had with lawmakers two days ago.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 3:14pm:
Thanks.  It's really not much "work" at all.  Each day, you post some dumb-ass comments. I simply copy & paste them to a .txt folder titled DTESOW  (Dumbest Things Ever Said Or Written) It literally only takes a few seconds.  Smiley

You give yourself too much credit.  You cannot cause me to "hurt".  No coward ever will. 

We've really strayed off topic here.  We should be discussing due process with gun owners who have committed no crime but face gun confiscation on an anonymous tip.

My personal feeling is it violates the 2nd and 4th Amendments.  I think Trump has been briefed on this, because today he reversed his position on suspending due process.

He should have been briefed prior to that WH conference he had with lawmakers two days ago.

Why do you call me a coward? Can you put some legitimacy behind that claim? If so then you might convince me to accept it. If not then you will end up kneedeep in dogshit again.

Fwiw, I would say you would have a lot more success in proving I'm a 'troll'. I could accept that with only a couple of minor provisions you would likely agree with.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Why do you call me a coward? Can you put some legitimacy behind that claim?
In my considered opinion, the Chief is correct, you're a coward.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "I like taking the guns early . . . Take the guns now and . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy