Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Something is Rotten in Broward County
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Something is Rotten in Broward County (Read 88 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Something is Rotten in Broward County
Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:32am
Print Post  
News is coming out that Deputy Peterson was following orders when he did not enter the building during the shooting.  His claim through his lawyer is that he thought the shooter was outside. 

If either one of those is true, then Deputy Peterson is guilty of nothing.  So why did he resign in disgrace and allow the Sheriff's humiliating condemnation of him to go on for days before speaking out indirectly?

There's more to this than we know and I'm betting that Peterson was forced to resign in order to avoid having the full truth come out.  How the Sheriff was able to force him is the question?  Did he threaten an administrative action like taking away Peterson's pension if Peterson did not resign immediately and keep his mouth shut?  Did the sheriff have dirt on Peterson that was even worse than the accusations of cowardice? 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Something is Rotten in Broward County
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:32am:
News is coming out that Deputy Peterson was following orders when he did not enter the building during the shooting.  His claim through his lawyer is that he thought the shooter was outside. 

If either one of those is true, then Deputy Peterson is guilty of nothing.  So why did he resign in disgrace and allow the Sheriff's humiliating condemnation of him to go on for days before speaking out indirectly?

There's more to this than we know and I'm betting that Peterson was forced to resign in order to avoid having the full truth come out.  How the Sheriff was able to force him is the question?  Did he threaten an administrative action like taking away Peterson's pension if Peterson did not resign immediately and keep his mouth shut?  Did the sheriff have dirt on Peterson that was even worse than the accusations of cowardice? 

Good guesses but there's also the possibility that he feels guilt over not being able to stop the killing.

Maybe imagine a soldier coming back from one of the wars where he was the sole survivor of his platoon, then people with a political cause blaming him for the deaths of his fellow soldiers.

Anyway, Broward is old news now. There's been another school shooting in Michigan I think, where two were gunned down.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:32am:

If Peterson was following orders, they were the orders of the Sheriff.

The question is, was the Sheriff following orders.

What does the Mayor have to say, or the County Commissioners? Did they put the Sheriff in charge and this was all his idea?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I told you so.

I keep telling you that people want to do the right thing, but companies don't want to be held accountable, so they don't let their employees do so.

I am counting the government as a company. They don't want to get sued. They especially don't want to get sued repeatedly.

So they force their employee to stand down and then let you assume it was cowardice.

No lawsuits and no blowback! Throw the employee under the bus. Works every time.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:10am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 9:49pm:
I told you so.

I keep telling you that people want to do the right thing, but companies don't want to be held accountable, so they don't let their employees do so.

I am counting the government as a company. They don't want to get sued. They especially don't want to get sued repeatedly.

So they force their employee to stand down and then let you assume it was cowardice.

No lawsuits and no blowback! Throw the employee under the bus. Works every time.
Broward County government is not a "company", and courts have granted government employees "qualified immunity".

This looks like another case of a government that doesn't want to be held accountable. The Sheriff was elected, and isn't likely to be re-elected, but who made the Broward County schools into "gun free zones"?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
It seems like yesterday's school shooting in Michigan where two were shot dead, isn't even major news anymore.  Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:16pm:
It seems like yesterday's school shooting in Michigan where two were shot dead, isn't even major news anymore.  Smiley
Not likely when children with AK-47s are killing people in Syria.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Something is Rotten in Broward County
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy