Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Teachers are Armed, Police will Shoot Them instead of Attackers
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If Teachers are Armed, Police will Shoot Them instead of Attackers (Read 760 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If Teachers are Armed, Police will Shoot Them instead of Attackers
Reply #20 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:53pm:
Why are you so angry today, Jeff?
Fu*ckheads like you piss me off.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:04pm:
Fu*ckheads like you piss me off.

Right.  My theory is that it is something I did.

But, what in particular?  I think I know.  Can you be honest enough to tell the truth?

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:05pm:
Right.  My theory is that it is something I did.

But, what in particular?  I think I know.  Can you be honest enough to tell the truth?

I've been telling the truth all along.

You frequently lie and distort the truth and redefine reality to suit yourself. That's what pisses me of.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:50pm:
I've been telling the truth all along.

You frequently lie and distort the truth and redefine reality to suit yourself. That's what pisses me of.

That can't be it.  That Lincoln said that he would free no slaves at all if that would preserve the union isn't a distortion of the truth or a redefinition of reality.  That you cited a novel as evidence for your position is the truth.  Calling it a "bodice ripper" was a little artistic license for the sake of humor, but other than that, I have been completely factual.

I think it has something to do with Kaz.  I have three possibilities in mind and I'm not sure which is most likely.  For two of them, you may not be fully aware yourself.

The first is that you are Kaz and you (he) threw his little tantrum hoping to be talked into not leaving like a few weeks ago.  Now you are one sock short and angry about it.

The second is that you are angry because you liked having Kaz on the board so you weren't the most idiotic libertarian on here.  You may not realize that is the source of your anger.

The third is that you looked at Kaz as your "canary in the  mineshaft" in that as long as he didn't get banned or crack up, you were ok.

I may be wrong though.  If so, tell us the real reason.  If it's personal, you can just say, "personal reasons" and we'll respect taht.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:08pm:
That Lincoln said that he would free no slaves at all if that would preserve the union isn't a distortion of the truth or a redefinition of reality.
Lincoln said that because he was a realist who understood that preserving the Union would lead to the elimination of slavery in America.

It's you who distort the truth by trying to turn that into 'proof' that Lincoln liked slavery.

It was the evil slavers insistence that they had "property Rights" in other people who were set on fighting to preserve those supposed "rights" that caused the war, and you insist that slave states had a "right" to leave the Union in order to preserve "their way of life" which was to live off the labor of slaves.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Back on topic, I read that some school districts are asking their teachers and staff to come to school armed.

It might take some time, but we'll get to see how it works out, which is actually better, "gun free schools" or armed staff.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 8:23am:
Lincoln said that because he was a realist who understood that preserving the Union would lead to the elimination of slavery in America.

It's you who distort the truth by trying to turn that into 'proof' that Lincoln liked slavery.

It was the evil slavers insistence that they had "property Rights" in other people who were set on fighting to preserve those supposed "rights" that caused the war, and you insist that slave states had a "right" to leave the Union in order to preserve "their way of life" which was to live off the labor of slaves.

So your entire defense of Lincoln relies on assuming with no evidence whatsoever that "Honest Abe" was lying about his acceptance of slavery.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 8:27am:
Back on topic, I read that some school districts are asking their teachers and staff to come to school armed.

It might take some time, but we'll get to see how it works out, which is actually better, "gun free schools" or armed staff.

Good.  Maybe they can also schedule the police officers to teach algebra classes.  And let the cafeteria ladies also serve as school psychologists.

At least those absurd decisions wouldn't lead to tragedies.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 10:29am:
Good.  Maybe they can also schedule the police officers to teach algebra classes.  And let the cafeteria ladies also serve as school psychologists.

You're at least in touch with the issue to some extent! With Jeff, it's just a case of him not being able to get any deeper than the fact that somebody with a gun is going to deter shooters.

I had no trouble handing you the gift of admitting that a school with teachers packing heat is likely going to be a shooter's second choice.

Jeff, Chief, and other lowbrows will take that as a victory or mission accomplished.

And that explains a lot of the problem doesn't it!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 10:29am:

You're impressed with the training and professionalism of School Safety Officers?

I know quite a few people with concealed carry permits. They practice with their weapons more often than many police officers, some of whom only shoot once a year when they have to qualify, and all of the concealed carriers I know are responsible and careful.

As usual, you conjure up a tragedy when you don't know what you're talking about.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Teachers are Armed, Police will Shoot Them instead of Attackers
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy