Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Public intoxicatetion should not be a crime
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Public intoxicatetion should not be a crime (Read 277 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Public intoxicatetion should not be a crime
Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:07am
Print Post  
I am sick of victemless crimes being crimes any one else skick of this

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Public intoxicatetion should not be a crime
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:44am
Print Post  
Fine, but if he's so wasted that he lurches into the street and I run him over, this shouldn't be a crime either.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:38am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:44am:
Fine, but if he's so wasted that he lurches into the street and I run him over, this shouldn't be a crime either.

If someone lunges at u and u can stop in time it should not be a crime

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:18am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:07am:
It's one of those conditional things, it depends on where you are and how intoxicated you are and what you are doing.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:07am:

All crimes have a victim. That's why they are called crimes. If the LP is saying otherwise then they need to fix that before it loses them more votes.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
All crimes have a victim. That's why they are called crimes. If the LP is saying otherwise then they need to fix that before it loses them more votes.
"Drunk and disorderly" was a crime before America was created. Only disorderly drunks want to make it OK. If you want to live with drunk and disorderly people around you, move to LA and live on the street.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Don_G, if a person spits gum on a sidewalk (a crime in some places or at least a violation of an ordinance) that probably shouldn't be a "crime" if she or he cleans that gum up and disinfects that gum landing "zone" before any other life form comes in contact with that gum.  And what about consentual prostitution that isn't of: 1, blackmail; 2, bribery but not including the payment(s) for prostitution service(s); 3, nonobligatoriness(es); and 4, nondeceptiveness(es)?
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2018 at 2:21pm by AlayneLeung »  

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:23pm:
Don_G, if a person spits gum on a sidewalk (a crime in some places or at least a violation of an ordinance) that probably shouldn't be a "crime" if she or he cleans that gum up and disinfects that gum landing "zone" before any other life form comes in contact with that gum.

If they don't clean up the gum? Think young man, or woman, whatever the hell you are. You don't have many chances left with me, at least.

Quote:
  And what about consentual prostitution that isn't of: 1, blackmail; 2, bribery (not including the payment(s) for prostitution service(s); 3, nonobligatoriness(es); and 4, nondeceptiveness(es)?

That's more worth debating than the 'gum' think. Society could be harmed by allowing prostitution to proliferate. Or maybe not?

So maybe there are victims and maybe not. You think it out. It's not my job unless I am interested in taking it on.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Don_G replied to AlayneLeung: Quote:
I won't go into details with you because you've never shown you are capable of a rational conversation. I'll leave it to you to prove otherwise with a rebuttal that's worth reading at least?

http://www.libertariansforum.com/cgi-bin/freedom/YaBB.pl?num=1483215177/30

Don_G, calm down and stop using h*** word.  And remember, President Donald J. Trump has said that "The United States stands 100% with Japan."  I wonder how that is regarding gun laws and other laws such as videogames, cardgames, clothing, immigration, healthcare, education, poverties to prosperities, wealth, government paying couples for making children, and so on. Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 4:50pm:
Don_G, calm down and stop using h*** word. 
What? What word is that? Give me more hints. I was at times a construction worker, a mill hunk and a mechanic, also a research engineer and a COO... I drank beers at the Slovenian Association and spent time in hunting camps and around women- I can handle strong language!

h***? All I can think of is Hell, which should be capitalized to be proper. The mention of Hell makes snowflakes melt? Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Public intoxicatetion should not be a crime
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy