Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Age Limits For Gun Ownership Violates 2A
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Age Limits For Gun Ownership Violates 2A (Read 710 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Age Limits For Gun Ownership Violates 2A
Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 12:52pm:
This isn't about guns in any case. It's about interpretation of the 2A. It's more likely it will be reinterpreted to reflect reality than it will be changed to reflect reality. No hurry!

Federalist No. 29: Hamilton
           "Little more can reasonably be aimed at with respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped;"

The currently reality is that more people need machine guns, but almost nobody wants them.

"Interpreting" the Constitution is not a legal means of altering it.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:06pm:
Federalist No. 29: Hamilton
           "Little more can reasonably be aimed at with respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped;"

There's ample room for interpretation right there!

Quote:
The currently reality is that more people need machine guns, but almost nobody wants them.

You're being an asshole and I've warned you about that.

Quote:
"Interpreting" the Constitution is not a legal means of altering it.

You don't understand what I said asshole. Interpreting and changing are different solutions.

Clean up your act asshole and maybe I'll pay attention to you later.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:55am:
Also, most State Legislatures of States of the United States and most State Governors are currently of Republican Party (I think), and any State(s), that is or are violating said Amendment(s), is or are committing rebellion against the United States Federal Government, and therefore that or those State(s) must surrender immediately and unconditionally and permanently to the United States Federal Government or leave the United States Union.

Our Governor is rebelling against the United States Federal Government. "Moonbeam" Brown, a DEMOCRAT, has declared California a Sanctuary State to undocumented immigrants.  When ICE does their sweeps, Moonbeam sends out radio broadcast alerts to warn of the sweeps - a direct obstruction of justice. 

Brown wants all guns banned in California.  Naturally he can't do that, so he runs a flank attack instead. He signed a bill which will ban all semi-auto rifles with detatchable magazines. That would represent roughly 35% of all firearms in California.

Gov Brown thinks that it's the guns that are responsible for mass murders - as most Democrats do.  That's why we lower the bar when it comes to democrats with rights violations.  Republicans are just as bad.  Remember Bush (43) PATRIOT Act of 2001?  The Constitution flew out the window then.  SCOTUS looked the other way. 

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-what-will-gov-jerr...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:11pm:
There's ample room for interpretation right there!

Do you think so? "The people at large" really means people in the employ of government?

"Properly armed" really means only arms that aren't of any use in putting down rebellions and repelling invasions?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:11pm:
You don't understand what I said asshole. Interpreting and changing are different solutions.
Sorry, I failed to realize that you'd given up on your nonsensical "interpretations" of the 2nd Amendment and are now calling to amend the Constitution by legal means and remove or alter the 2nd Amendment.

That still leaves you with the problem that there is no grant of power to disarm law abiding people.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
What about State(s) that prohibit prostitution or "child(ren)", that is or are mind&soul being(s) in child body or bodies of which each of that or those bodies only has one mind&soul per body and of which that or those mind&soul being(s) claim(s) to have lived a previous life or previous lives, to have sex with adult(s)? That could perhaps be violation(s) of United States Amendment I?

A United States Constitutional Amendment for some kind of federalized education is at least a decade overdue.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:02pm:
What about State(s) that prohibit prostitution or "child(ren)", that is or are mind&soul being(s) in child body or bodies of which each of that or those bodies only has one mind&soul per body and of which that or those mind&soul being(s) claim(s) to have lived a previous life or previous lives, to have sex with adult(s)? That could perhaps be violation(s) of United States Amendment I?

No idea what the hell that means?

Quote:
A United States Constitutional Amendment for some kind of federalized education is at least a decade overdue.

Well you're at least smart enough to understand that your consitution can be amended, and should be.

That's head and shoulders over Jeff and the Chief right there. You have potential so that's why I'm offering you a chance.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Don_G replied Quote:
No idea what the hell that means?

I replied Quote:

I did know what that part of reply that I typed meant; I was just wondering what each person's theory as to how very well enlightened and very well educated Supreme Court Justices would vote regarding that quote of that reply that I typed.

Also, if there is an evil effort to get guns away from children so that they'll be eaten to death by alligators in states like Florida and other coastal states and other states that alligators are in such as Missouri (a teenage boy's arm was bitten off by an alligator in Missouri), then hubeings of said states must be made immediately aware of that evil effort so that said hubeings can take immediate action to equip their children with guns to protect said children from alligators.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:02pm:
What about State(s) that prohibit prostitution or "child(ren)"
The Constitution has nothing to say about that other than that police powers are all reserved to the States.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't apply.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 4:43pm:
Don_G replied

I did know what that part of reply that I typed meant; I was just wondering what each person's theory as to how very well enlightened and very well educated Supreme Court Justices would vote regarding that quote of that reply that I typed.

They would chastise you and require you to be more clear. Until you were, they would ignore you, perhaps with prejudice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Age Limits For Gun Ownership Violates 2A
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy