Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › North Korea Has Become Much Bolder?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) North Korea Has Become Much Bolder? (Read 490 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

North Korea Has Become Much Bolder?
Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/news/420380-north-korea-counter-us-drills/

How do you libertarians read this? I think it's likely a bold move by N.K. meant as an appeal to S.K. to stop US escalation of the situation.

If so then will S.K. pay attention? It could tell us whether or not the US has control over the situation. It could also tell us that S.K. has begun to put it's own interests and safety ahead of US interests?

I won't state my position because it would only be stating my biased position.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: North Korea Has Become Much Bolder?
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I should also say that it's almost certain that China is orchestrating this bold position by N.K. It could be a quick counter-response to Trump's idea of trade embargoes on China.

If so then even Trump's bluffing has negative consequences for his country.

China has gained the luxury of not having to be responsible for what N.K. attempts to do, even though everybody should know that China has the reigns.

Is S.K. caving to the pressure due to it's own security and safety coming first, before US interests of maintaining influence in China's sphere of influence?

Everybody should also keep in mind that this comes from RT and so Russia also has a big interest in what's happening.

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
If Putin says they are "bolder", then they must be.

Are you saying Vlad the Great is a liar?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
If Trump doesn't see any results from the last barrage of US sanctions on NoKo, he will implement "phase two".

It's unclear what phase two really is, but we can be fairly certain that it's not going to be pleasant for the Little Rocket Man.

Trump has bigger buttons to push.  And his actually work.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:28pm:
If Trump doesn't see any results from the last barrage of US sanctions on NoKo, he will implement "phase two".

It's unclear what phase two really is, but we can be fairly certain that it's not going to be pleasant for the Little Rocket Man.

What a depressing post.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
https://www.rt.com/news/420380-north-korea-counter-us-drills/

How do you libertarians read this? I think it's likely a bold move by N.K. meant as an appeal to S.K. to stop US escalation of the situation.

If so then will S.K. pay attention? It could tell us whether or not the US has control over the situation. It could also tell us that S.K. has begun to put it's own interests and safety ahead of US interests?

I won't state my position because it would only be stating my biased position.

I don't see this turning into anything.  NK is never going to use its nuclear weapons unless it's Li'l Kim's last chance to save his throne or whatever he calls it.  I think anyone with the wherewithal to oust him would realize that so I don't think that's going to happen.

The U.S. is not going to call off exercises with South Korea because Kim throws a tantrum backed up with his Clinton supplied nuclear capability.  The only president I can think of who might have done that would have been Carter and we won't have one like him again anytime soon.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:28pm:

Another demonstration of your ignorance.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:37pm:
I don't see this turning into anything.  NK is never going to use its nuclear weapons unless it's Li'l Kim's last chance to save his throne or whatever he calls it.  I think anyone with the wherewithal to oust him would realize that so I don't think that's going to happen.

Lil Kim wouldn't be saving his throne by useing nuclear weapons so there's no 'unless' to it. Otherwise yours is a thorough rebututtal of the Chief's shit.

Quote:
The U.S. is not going to call off exercises with South Korea because Kim throws a tantrum backed up with his Clinton supplied nuclear capability.  The only president I can think of who might have done that would have been Carter and we won't have one like him again anytime soon.

So true that the US isn't going to call off exercizes with S.Korea. But have you considered that S.Korea is hinting at calling it off in the foreseeable future?

No tantrum from Kim will change things. But I'm thinking that negotiations with N.K. and China may accomplish a remedy that's somewhat in both sides' mutual interests.

By both sides I mean mostly N.K.'s and S.K.'s.

I think that the US is now looking at some possibility of being sidelined somewhat in order to serve greater interests.

There's my element of wishful thinking in that but there's also some definite mumblings going on that indicates a different approach.

Are you able to discuss the possibiility in an unbiased way. If so then I invite it. If not then no big deal right now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But have you considered that S.Korea is hinting at calling it off in the foreseeable future?

How could they possibly trust The Donald or the U.S. Deep State or our political generals or our "progressive" 'diplomats'?

They've seen YouTube videos of Pelosi and Schumer and Al Franken...

What can any sane rational person conclude?

South Koreans with any sense at all are talking to Japan and Vietnam and Indonesia and Australia.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Lil Kim wouldn't be saving his throne by useing nuclear weapons so there's no 'unless' to it. Otherwise yours is a thorough rebututtal of the Chief's shit.

So true that the US isn't going to call off exercizes with S.Korea. But have you considered that S.Korea is hinting at calling it off in the foreseeable future?

No tantrum from Kim will change things. But I'm thinking that negotiations with N.K. and China may accomplish a remedy that's somewhat in both sides' mutual interests.

By both sides I mean mostly N.K.'s and S.K.'s.

I think that the US is now looking at some possibility of being sidelined somewhat in order to serve greater interests.

There's my element of wishful thinking in that but there's also some definite mumblings going on that indicates a different approach.

Are you able to discuss the possibiility in an unbiased way. If so then I invite it. If not then no big deal right now.

Well, no.  No one can discuss anything in an unbiased way.  No one is unbiased.

My bias is that I wish S.K would sideline the U.S.  We'd save a hell of a lot of money that we spend defending them.

Of course, that is not going to happen.  South Korea is understandably nervous about North Korea having nukes, so they want to play nice.  But not that nice.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › North Korea Has Become Much Bolder?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy