Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Wanted to Make an Interesting Topic
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Wanted to Make an Interesting Topic (Read 286 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Wanted to Make an Interesting Topic
Mar 4th, 2018 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
...With lots of food for thought... But I realised that I'd just be trolled, flamed, and insulted into oblivion.

Wonderful forum this is.

And freedom is wonderful too.

When people can just do whatever they want, so long as it doesn't violate the NAP, it totally doesn't just degrade into a cesspit.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Wanted to Make an Interesting Topic
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:22am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 11:49pm:
...freedom is wonderful too...

Subscribed.   Smiley

When people can just do whatever they want, so long as it doesn't violate the NAP, it totally doesn't just degrade into a cesspit.

right.   be sensible.   Critical Thinking is the key.

good post, Oppo!   Smiley    Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 7:15am
Print Post  
I keep reading "..it totally doesn't just degrade into a cesspit."

Why don't you rephrase that?

I could make suggestions so that what you said would be clear if you need help... Just ask.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
...With lots of food for thought... But I realised that I'd just be trolled, flamed, and insulted into oblivion.

Wonderful forum this is.

And freedom is wonderful too.

Keep trying oppo. You made your bed so you'll have to lie in it for a while. You probably know how to get and go straight but if you don't then maybe somebody else will help you.

To me you're just as much a write-off as them.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Keep trying oppo. You made your bed so you'll have to lie in it for a while. You probably know how to get and go straight but if you don't then maybe somebody else will help you.

To me you're just as much a write-off as them.

You're the case in point. You'll say everything I say is nonsense without addressing anything. You take issue when I use a real example because you find some way to get offended, and you take issue when I use a fantastical example because it's fantastical.

I laugh when people beat you this way, because you don't want anything better.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:56pm:
You're the case in point. You'll say everything I say is nonsense without addressing anything.
I asked you to address this-

"..it totally doesn't just degrade into a cesspit."

That is something I addressed because it sounded like sense, but I couldn't be sure.

I don't trust you you know.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
I asked you to address this-

"..it totally doesn't just degrade into a cesspit."

That is something I addressed because it sounded like sense, but I couldn't be sure.

I don't trust you you know.

I said that when people are allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the NAP, it doesn't just degrade into a cesspit.

You see, self-regulation ensues, as people are much more competent at making good choices than any sort of top-down regulation could ever be.

Government shouldn't meddle. People interacting with each other create a wonderful, logical environment that's downright utopian when the government meddling stops. Only when people aggress should the government ever step in, if at all.

Less regulation means a wonderful, harmonious environment because people don't need regulation to treat each other like people. This forum has shown me that.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 5:57am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:43pm:
I said that when people are allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the NAP, it doesn't just degrade into a cesspit.

You see, self-regulation ensues, as people are much more competent at making good choices than any sort of top-down regulation could ever be.

Government shouldn't meddle. People interacting with each other create a wonderful, logical environment that's downright utopian when the government meddling stops. Only when people aggress should the government ever step in, if at all.

Less regulation means a wonderful, harmonious environment because people don't need regulation to treat each other like people. This forum has shown me that.
Thanks. That's what I thought you might be saying.

At this point, I don't yet believe you are sincere.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 5:57am:
Thanks. That's what I thought you might be saying.

At this point, I don't yet believe you are sincere.

Why not? I'm simply saying that the absentee moderation on this forum has shown me proof that interactions between people don't instantly degrade into shitfests when in an unregulated environment.

People want to act like humans toward each other.

The looming shadow of punishment for inappropriate behaviour is not necessary for people to simply get along.

Rather, the getting along is relatively natural and the idea that only the fear of punishment can get us there is unnatural.

Again, this forum has shown me that. Unless you disagree with the theory of spontaneous harmony, which is necessary for libertarianism to work, you have no reason to believe I'm being insincere.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:41pm:
Why not?
Why? Who are you now agreeing with?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Wanted to Make an Interesting Topic
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy