Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Wolves Guarding the Sheep Pen?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Wolves Guarding the Sheep Pen? (Read 1110 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Wolves Guarding the Sheep Pen?
Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
I hope Trump gets re-elected just to make liberals miserable. 

I'm stumping for John Allison.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Don, you have no proof Trump is being held hostage by Putin, you just pulled that, "fact" out of your ass and now you don't want to have to try and back it up.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff, if only he would run and could win.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
What did Trump to wrong that he will be impeached for?

As I understand it, he fired someone who was investigating him for the Russian thing at the time, which amounts to obstruction of justice.

I will not deny that when presented with actual scrutiny, just about anything is obstruction of justice.

The rules need to change, then. By the rules we have, Trump should be impeached.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:33am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:27pm:
As I understand it, he fired someone who was investigating him for the Russian thing at the time, which amounts to obstruction of justice.

I will not deny that when presented with actual scrutiny, just about anything is obstruction of justice.

The rules need to change, then. By the rules we have, Trump should be impeached.
The House will get to evaluate what, if any, evidence the special prosecutor produces and the House will decide whether or not to impeach Trump.

But that's just the first part of the trial, indictment by the House. (Prosecutors don't get to indict anyone.) The Senate can still find him not guilty.

That's one reason the Democrats are so desperate to win both houses of Congress, and why we can expect that Mueller's investigation will drag out until after the election.

Rules for "special prosecutors" should be changed. Appointing a special prosecutor to see if there is evidence of something should be for the purpose named. If no evidence is found, the investigation should end. If evidence of other crimes is found during the legitimate pursuit of the original objective, it should be turned over to regular prosecutors and grand juries as it is discovered.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:43am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:27pm:

So, if you are head or even a member of any federal law enforcement agency and you have reason to believe the president might fire you all you have to do is announce an investigation of the president and you can't be fired?  Because NOW if you fire me, it's obstruction of justice, not the natural consequence of incompetence.   BTW, did the FBI or anyone else ever say that Donald Trump is the target of any investigation?

Quote:

Well, no it isn't.  Appointing a new agency head is standard practice for presidents.  Trump's big mistake was not doing it immediately. 

Quote:

He may be if the Dems win the House.  If that happens the voters will see it for what it is:  an attempt to over-ride the will of the voters to have a president who will put America, and not the two-party establishment, first.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:43am:
...a president who will put America, and not the two-party establishment, first.

I'd like to think you're right about that, but I'll have to withhold judgement. There are so far too many things that Trump has done or advocates doing that I don't think will be good for America.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Don, you have no proof Trump is being held hostage by Putin, you just pulled that, "fact" out of your ass and now you don't want to have to try and back it up.

Relax little lady, proof is never accepted by those who don't like to hear it. So of course I have no 'proof'.

If you weren't such a biased witch you would appreciate the views of a Canadian who doesn't have to make it up to suit your US politics. You could learn something!

Your present attitude makes you a waste of my time.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
So, if you are head or even a member of any federal law enforcement agency and you have reason to believe the president might fire you all you have to do is announce an investigation of the president and you can't be fired?  Because NOW if you fire me, it's obstruction of justice, not the natural consequence of incompetence.   BTW, did the FBI or anyone else ever say that Donald Trump is the target of any investigation?

I didn't say I agreed with the rule. I said it was the rule.

And people who think they're about to get fired become whistleblowers all the time, to get the protection.

Well, no it isn't.  Appointing a new agency head is standard practice for presidents.  Trump's big mistake was not doing it immediately.

Then he ought to have done it immediately. 

He may be if the Dems win the House.  If that happens the voters will see it for what it is:  an attempt to over-ride the will of the voters to have a president who will put America, and not the two-party establishment, first.

I am a voter (at least, the government has granted me the right to vote even though libertarians do not) and I see it as what I see everything as: Human monkeys raping each other to death over dominance. One alone will be torn asunder by the rest. It's not anything different than what any other human monkey does. Nothing wrong with it in this world. Probably I should be applauding it or something.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Trump is almost certainly being held hostage by Putin and that makes the world a safer place.

Don, back up this claim or shut the crappity smack up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Wolves Guarding the Sheep Pen?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy