Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Hating Former Aide Refuses Subpeona
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trump Hating Former Aide Refuses Subpeona (Read 98 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Trump Hating Former Aide Refuses Subpeona
Mar 5th, 2018 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Sam Nunberg isn't taking the fifth as far as i know.  He's just refusing.

"I'm not cooperating. Arrest me," Nunberg said. "You want to arrest me? Arrest me."

Nunberg told Borger that he is not refusing to comply in order to protect Trump.

“I’m not spending 80 hours going over my emails with Roger Stone and Steve Bannon and producing them,” Nunberg said. “Donald Trump won this election on his own. He campaigned his ass off. And there is nobody who hates him more than me.”

"No I'm not protecting him, but he didn't do anything," Nunberg said. "You know what he did? He won the election."

I for one would like to see more of this.  Stop pissing our pants when someone flashes a badge.  Just say no.  What about the rule of law, you ask?  What law, if the prosecutors are allowed to run wild because they're pissed about who was elected their boss?

This isn't exactly a witch hunt for non-existent witches.  It is a hunt for non-existent witchcraft.  The witch was identified from the beginning.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump Hating Former Aide Refuses Subpeona
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
This is probably going to be a big "learning moment" for someone.

If a person being subpoenaed by a grand jury fails to comply, "contempt" charges may be brought against the offender, even if said offender was not named in (an) indictment.

I do admire Nunberg's impudence, though. 

If he gets arrested, it will be purely symbolic, Mueller would appear impotent if no action was taken.  So he's compelled to do something.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
This is probably going to be a big "learning moment" for someone.

If a person being subpoenaed by a grand jury fails to comply, "contempt" charges may be brought against the offender, even if said offender was not named in (an) indictment.

I do admire Nunberg's impudence, though. 

If he gets arrested, it will be purely symbolic, Mueller would appear impotent if no action was taken.  So he's compelled to do something.

Right now the best legal strategy is to say nothing to the grand jury, especially under oath.  The FBI has crapped out on finding collusion between Trump and the Russians.  So now they are looking to catch people in some inconsistency so they can charge them with obstruction and motivate them to give evidence for collusion whether real or manufactured. 

If Nunberg said to investigators in those hours long interviews, "I never saw Trump talking to any Russian." and then "admits" in front of the grand jury that he knew Melania was Russian, he's hung himself. 

A contempt charge is far preferable to obstruction of justice charges.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 8:45pm:
Sam Nunberg isn't taking the fifth as far as i know.  He's just refusing.

"I'm not cooperating. Arrest me," Nunberg said. "You want to arrest me? Arrest me."

Nunberg told Borger that he is not refusing to comply in order to protect Trump.

“I’m not spending 80 hours going over my emails with Roger Stone and Steve Bannon and producing them,” Nunberg said. “Donald Trump won this election on his own. He campaigned his ass off. And there is nobody who hates him more than me.”

"No I'm not protecting him, but he didn't do anything," Nunberg said. "You know what he did? He won the election."

I for one would like to see more of this.  Stop pissing our pants when someone flashes a badge.  Just say no.  What about the rule of law, you ask?  What law, if the prosecutors are allowed to run wild because they're pissed about who was elected their boss?

This isn't exactly a witch hunt for non-existent witches.  It is a hunt for non-existent witchcraft.  The witch was identified from the beginning.

In fact your country had already reached the point of no return politically. The highest court in the US will make decisions based on political bias. This guy has probably been advised to stand in contempt of the justice system and he will be protected by Republican pressure.

The only problem is burnsred, as you know, the pendulum swings and the Dems then gain the license to do the same.

Gotta love being able to watch the trial cases as they happen though!

You're all so wrapped up in the constitution bullshit, it's a wonder nobody really gives a shit about presidential pardons. That's an ironclad guarantee that justice is being mocked as just a farce that political bias can trump anytime.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
You're all so wrapped up in the constitution bullshit, it's a wonder nobody really gives a shit about presidential pardons.

Our Constitution is the only thing we have that limits the powers of government.  Without it, all of the liberties and freedoms that were preserved over the past 240 years would vanish.

The Founding Fathers were wise to draft it, and make provisions for changes as they became necessary.

It may seem like "bullshit" to you, but smart Americans deeply respect it.  Some of us have sworn an oath to support and defend it against all enemies, foreign and domestic.  Some of us take this oath very seriously.

And you ridicule us for it.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Hating Former Aide Refuses Subpeona
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy