Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nick Freitas Address... Wow.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Nick Freitas Address... Wow. (Read 173 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Nick Freitas Address... Wow.
Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
No punches pulled here. Freitas lays it out for all to see.  Leftist Gun-grabbers are befuddled. "Gun Control" measures have failed. We need to stop fooling ourselves.   

https://nick4senate.com/

"The funny thing about the Truth is, once you've heard it, you never forget it...." - David Steinberg

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nick Freitas Address... Wow.
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
The reason many mass shootings take place in gun-free zones and gun violence is so high in New York may be the reactionary policy itself.

The populations may be to blame. When shootings and gun violence rise, people scream for gun control, when what they really might need is tougher punishments.

I don't believe people packing heat would fix New York. I don't believe these cesschools would be fixed by arming teachers. The shooters know they're eventually going to be caught and punished. They're doing it because they're desperate and they're going to cause as much harm to others before they do get caught. Maybe with armed teachers, that amount of harm would be reduced, but the shooters would still kill.

Here's what I think the problem is, and why rampant violence exists in America: The EV (Expected Value) of crime is positive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expected_value
Quote:
In probability theory, the expected value of a random variable, intuitively, is the long-run average value of repetitions of the experiment it represents. For example, the expected value in rolling a six-sided dice is 3.5, because the average of all the numbers that come up in an extremely large number of rolls is close to 3.5. Less roughly, the law of large numbers states that the arithmetic mean of the values almost surely converges to the expected value as the number of repetitions approaches infinity

So let's say the penalty for stealing $5000 is $10,000. I will incur double what I stole in the amount of a fine (give back what I stole and pay that amount again), should I choose to steal.

If I am only caught 50% of the time, it's an even bet. Half the time I will gain $5000 and half the time I will lose $5000.

If I am caught more than 50% of the time, it's a bad bet, and if I am logical, I won't do it.

If I am caught less than 50% of the time, it's a good bet to steal the money. For example, if I am caught 25% of the time, I expect to gain, on average, $2500.

Three cases out of four I gain $5000 and in one case I lose $5000.

$15,000 (three cases gain) - $5000 (one case loss) = $10,000 ÷ 4 cases = $2500 Expected Value.

Since many crimes go unsolved, and many more aren't even reported or discovered (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/03/01/most-violent-and-property-crimes...), it's not wrong to say becoming a professional criminal is a bad choice. It's a morally wrong choice, but most people don't care.

Since it's probably difficult to simply say that we should catch and punish a higher percent of offenders, the only real solution is to increase punishments.

If the punishment for theft was death, many people would not steal. And no one would be a convicted repeat offender.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
...I don't believe these cesschools would be fixed by arming teachers.

I don't either.  But we need to do something to mitigate the carnage that mass-murderers do in "gun-free" zones.

They (faculty/staff) simply don't have the luxury to wait patiently for police/sheriff  to arrive. Each second could mean another innocent life taken. Swiftly neutralizing the perp is the only thing that will keep the body-count to a minimum.  What a horrible way to put it.  But it's reality.  We need to accept this reality.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 12:42am
Print Post  
I actually agree with you. If it can save a life, arm the teachers.

Unfortunately, in the world we live in, that heroic act of saving that life will be the end of that teacher's career.

So we have a choice, then. Protect the innocent student, and damn the teacher, or save the teacher.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 12:42am:
Unfortunately, in the world we live in, that heroic act of saving that life will be the end of that teacher's career.

How so?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 11:31am:
How so?

Because the parents of the shooter will demand the teacher's job, and they will sue.

The civil lawsuit system is a stacked deck because every possible action causes harm, and causing harm awards damages, and libertarians still love it.

It's the reason for the Broward County scandal. People are no more cowardly today than they were a hundred years ago. Actions of any type are less likely to be taken because actions get you sued. It's easier to have policy be inaction and then just blame the employee when something does go wrong.

Disclaimer: The civil lawsuit system is right. I'm not saying anything against it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
The reason many mass shootings take place in gun-free zones and gun violence is so high in New York may be the reactionary policy itself.

I think you've nailed it loser.

Telling people murder is wrong is causing drugged up losers like you to decide to murder a world record number of innocents in the name of social justice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nick Freitas Address... Wow.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy