Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Attorney General Sues California On Obstruction Of Justice
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Attorney General Sues California On Obstruction Of Justice (Read 307 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Attorney General Sues California On Obstruction Of Justice
Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 8:00pm:
I think a state government is much more responsive to the desires of its citizens than a national government could ever be.  Ideally, a government should be no larger than a city-state, roughly the size of a modern U.S. county.

Yep. In extremely small numbers, even Communism works. In the 1970's and '80's, there were hundreds of communes all over the country.  A few still survive today, but because of the stigma associated with communism, they prefer to call themselves “egalitarian” or “intended” communities.

But they are communes.  And they work fairly well because of two important factors; 

1) It's voluntary. Anyone/everyone is free to leave if they don't like it. (and many do.  LoL)

2)  No corruption.  There's no need for it.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 11:51am:
Yep. In extremely small numbers, even Communism works. In the 1970's and '80's, there were hundreds of communes all over the country.  A few still survive today, but because of the stigma associated with communism, they prefer to call themselves “egalitarian” or “intended” communities.

But they are communes.  And they work fairly well because of two important factors; 

1) It's voluntary. Anyone/everyone is free to leave if they don't like it. (and many do.  LoL)

2)  No corruption.  There's no need for it.

Yes, I guess you could say that any system works if it's voluntary.  Because if it isn't working, everyone would ignore it and it would not be "the" system anymore.

That's why I love my idea that all government services be paid for voluntary by those who directly benefit from them.  Consent of the governed is no issue at all in that case because people consent with their dollars. 

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:23am:
Is there a normal for produce prices, though?

Produce should be produced by the people who can produce it and given to those who need it.

If you don't do it that way, before you know it competition will arise and someone will be selling produce at predatory prices and cornering the market on beets.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Attorney General Sues California On Obstruction Of Justice
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy