Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Fall Of California - A Paradise Lost
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Fall Of California - A Paradise Lost (Read 3039 times)
ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Fall Of California - A Paradise Lost
Reply #200 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
As a former Californian, for the majority of my life, it has been getting worse for the last 20ish years.  Largely due to the disfunctional initiative system and irresponsible legislature under one party rule.   

They'd never have droughts if they charged appropriately for water, instead they ignore the cyclic nature of precipitation in the state wait for the drought and then brow beat and threaten folks into not bathing. 

They'd never have a budget problem if they didn't treat income taxes the same way.  A heavily progressive system means they are flush in a good economy and broke in a bad economy. 

They wast billions on the boondoggle of medium speed rail while ignoring existing infrastructure. 

Restrictive land use policy has resulted in >$100k/year being below the poverty line in cities that stink of urine and feces. 

So, basically the plan is to drive out the rich people with confiscatory taxation rates. Great idea!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #201 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
goodbye wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 3:57pm:
Maybe California is still the bell weather state and the model for the future direction America is moving toward.
Why would you say that?

Better we look towards Venezuela.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #202 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Here are some policy proposals that Kalifornia should implement, because they work and save tremendous amounts of time and money.

http://click1.e.reason.org/ViewMessage.do?m=hwvcmfh&r=bqqpljzd&s=nfwkbkbhhfwbdgp...

Edit: This should be of particular interest to Kalifornians-

California High-Speed Rail: From Bad to Worse

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #203 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
I posted an article about California's, "Universal Basic Income" before SkyChief did, but it went ignored.  That's okay, I'll try not to get a complex.

California keeps digging that hole when they need to put the shovel down.

IP Logged

goodbye
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #204 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:57pm:
Why would you say that?

Better we look towards Venezuela.

Because California is now a model of the bad directions America is heading in. Trump or no Trump. America is on a downhill path, just like California or Venezuela. Maybe my intent in what I said was not clear or you mis-read.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #205 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:20pm:
I posted an article about California's, "Universal Basic Income" before SkyChief did, but it went ignored.
I answered. Just ask and I'll tell you again.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #206 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
goodbye wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
Because California is now a model of the bad directions America is heading in. Trump or no Trump. America is on a downhill path, just like California or Venezuela. Maybe my intent in what I said was not clear or you mis-read.
You are clear now, thanks.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #207 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
As a former Californian, for the majority of my life, it has been getting worse for the last 20ish years.  Largely due to the disfunctional initiative system and irresponsible legislature under one party rule.   

They'd never have droughts if they charged appropriately for water, instead they ignore the cyclic nature of precipitation in the state wait for the drought and then brow beat and threaten folks into not bathing. 

They'd never have a budget problem if they didn't treat income taxes the same way.  A heavily progressive system means they are flush in a good economy and broke in a bad economy. 

They wast billions on the boondoggle of medium speed rail while ignoring existing infrastructure. 

Restrictive land use policy has resulted in >$100k/year being below the poverty line in cities that stink of urine and feces. 

So, basically the plan is to drive out the rich people with confiscatory taxation rates. Great idea!

I thought the new guy might answer you...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Fall Of California - A Paradise Lost
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy