Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 50 Reasons Pseudo-Libertarians are Crazy.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 50 Reasons Pseudo-Libertarians are Crazy. (Read 1299 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: 50 Reasons Pseudo-Libertarians are Crazy.
Reply #40 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You talk from a high moral ground and so that will call for putting you to the test.
In reality, you must rise above yourself to speak on an equal level with people on high moral ground.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
MMMark wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:17pm:
Tues. 18/03/13 19:16 EDT
.post #24

The composer of this list has not substantiated, nor has he referenced, even a single claim.
He claims these are the positions of some libertarians, but which ones?  When?  Where?
He does not say.
Why not?

Talk is cheap.  Facts and evidence and substantiation cost a bit more.

I hear you Mark, but neither have you done so for your list. However, allow me to do it for him if it's important to you.

I'll use one of my favourite ones because it rings true to me.

Quote:
• abolish all licensing: ie if you want to be a doctor or lawyer run over to kinko's and have some business cards made up --- laissez faire suckers.

It's somewhat of an exaggeration to some libertarians but nonetheless the notion has certainly been discussed on this forum. The basic libertarian premise is to eliminate licensing or certification by government. Our pseudo-libertarians argue for that in general so I think the comment from the list applies.

In fairness to you, I'm getting that you don't really care what these pseudo-libertarians think. You're coming on as something a lot more real. You'll be put to the test every opportunity I get! I have at least a slight glimmer of hope that we will have something in common on what we can consider libertarianism!

IP Logged

MMMark

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Tues. 18/03/13 19:45 EDT
.post #25

Quote:
You talk from a high moral ground ...

Glad to hear you think non-aggression is the "high moral ground" - there is hope for you.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
MMMark wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
Tues. 18/03/13 19:45 EDT
.post #25

Glad to hear you think non-aggression is the "high moral ground" - there is hope for you.

Oh, sarcasm aside, I'm genuinely opposed to aggression, and obviously moreso than any others on this board until you came along. I've posted dozens of links to antiwar.com that have alsmot exclusively been scoffed at and mocked.

I've been hugely critical of US aggression and that has caused huge resentment among the participants of this forum. They simply sold out their antiwar stance for their patriotic ideals.

Don't fuk with me on being antiwar or anti-aggression. I'll give you a position that will turn any American sour on the idea. I oppose aggression and warmaking regardless of what country is the culprit. I just don't mind saying that the US is the culprit in most cases.

The US has started over 37 wars of aggression since WW2 along. Try that on for a start Mark. Let's get to know each other!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I hear you Mark

You'll be put to the test every opportunity I get!
Go for it!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh, sarcasm aside, I'm genuinely opposed to aggression...
Does Putin know?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
Go for it!

What I like about your comments is that you openly display that you're a spamming piece of shit who doesn't even want to take part in a conversation. Keep it up Craig!

IP Logged

MMMark

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Tues. 18/03/13 19:56 EDT
.post #26

Quote:
... but neither have you done so for your list.

...but I'm not claiming that mine is a list of "positions of non-libertarians."

All I've done is to list 50 actual, historical results of non-libertarianism - in practice.

Read it and weep.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
MMMark wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
Tues. 18/03/13 19:56 EDT
.post #26

...but I'm not claiming that mine is a list of "positions of non-libertarians."

All I've done is to list 50 actual, historical results of non-libertarianism - in practice.

Read it and weep.

I'll be willing to deal with your list later. Right now the conversation is on the list I posted and how it's illustrative of libertarian positions which have been stated on this forum by the pseudo-libertarians.

Don't get clever with me by telling me to read and weep. It's not something that will impress me and it's what I've assumed so far to be below your dignity.

I've chosen licenesing as the item to address. If you would like to choose another then do so. I find nearly all of them to be in common with pseudo-libertarian priorities.

Note that I didn't say 'libertarian' priorities Real libertarian priorities is the topic we may eventually get to discussing. Whatever the hell you imagine that to be?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What I like about your comments is that you openly display that you're a spamming piece of shit who doesn't even want to take part in a conversation. Keep it up Craig!
Hold Mark's feet to your ideological fire as you said you would. That's all I said.

I agree it's a good idea. Maybe your first ever. Kiss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 50 Reasons Pseudo-Libertarians are Crazy.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy