Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › $1.3 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) $1.3 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill (Read 1739 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: $1.3 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill
Reply #20 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
Most Trump supporters got a huge wake-up call when he signed that gargantuan $1.3T omnibus spending bill chock-full of pork-barrel shit.   

Everyone now knows that Trump is just an over-stuffed lap-dog who will roll over on command for Congress.

He's a con-man.  I never had any doubt, but I personally know many people who did.

Not anymore.  Now, they're calling for his impeachment!  LoL

Even die-hard Trump supporters like Ann Coulter and Laura Ingrham have jumped ship!

This is Trump's biggest folly to date, imo, and it will likely be his undoing. 

I look forward to President Pence.   Smiley

The lesson of Trump for libertarians is that the establishment is not invincible. it's not that libertarianism is suddenly popular. 

We have to pursue libertarianism through some other means besides the Libertarian Party  Who did they run against Donald and Hillary?  A fool and a Muslim?  Give me a break.

Libertarians need to know that no political party - not even the LP - will ever bring about libertarianism.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 10:21pm:
We have to pursue libertarianism through some other means besides the Libertarian Party  Who did they run against Donald and Hillary?  A fool and a Muslim?  Give me a break.

The LP candidates were far superior to those of the TwoParties.

Some more on topic news from the Omnibus spending bill-

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/03/30/border-chief-sets-1000-mile-...

What a plan! My farmer friend wanted to keep deer out of his pumpkin patch, so he spent a lot of time and money fencing half way around the field... Cheesy

Not actually. Farmers are smarter than TwoParty politicians, and farmers are spending their own money too!
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2018 at 7:18am by Jeff »  

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Libertarians need to know that no political party - not even the LP - will ever bring about libertarianism.

That's true I'm sure. It will take a constitutional convention called by the States for the purpose of re-limiting the national government.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 8:05am:
Farmers are smarter than TwoParty politicians, and farmers are spending their own money too!

Spending one's own money and being smart go hand-in-hand so often that it's almost like there is some connection to those things . . .

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
The lesson of Trump for libertarians is that the establishment is not invincible. it's not that libertarianism is suddenly popular. 

Good for you ruling out Muslims. Your attitude is consistent with racists and libertarians alike, and it's one reason why the LP will go nowhere.

You've already excluded leftists and black people have just excluded themselves. Is there anybody else?

Or would it be a lot easier to just say that you 'include' white extreme rightists?

Best of luck! I'm sure you have confidence in yourselves!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 8:07am:
That's true I'm sure. It will take a constitutional convention called by the States for the purpose of re-limiting the national government.

"The first step in restoring liberty is to restore the limitations on government"  - SkyChief

"No government, any more than an individual, will long be respected without being truly respectable;"  - James Madison

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:41pm:
"The first step in restoring liberty is to restore the limitations on government"  - SkyChief

Makes sense only to mentally challenged libertarians. The first step for the US government is to start with a strong government that can root out the corruption. If the corruption the NRA depends upon was rooted out, 80% of the people would be able to make progress overnight.

"No government, any more than an individual, will long be respected without being truly respectable;"  - James Madison

Which makes a strong argument for the US government being doomed. Yet there's no sign of the corruption ever being rooted out?

Why is it that all libertarians are supporting the corruption of the NRA buying off the politicians with money and blackmail. If libertarians had righteous principles then they would stand on other methods for keeping their 2nd. amendment.

It would be a quick losing battle for libertarians but at least it would be honest.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 11:25am:
Spending one's own money and being smart go hand-in-hand so often that it's almost like there is some connection to those things . . .

Not at all. Even dumb people are generally more careful with their own money.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Which makes a strong argument for the US government being doomed.
Yes, our legal system of government, established by the Constitution, should doom the people in government who violate it. They are essentially outlaws.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 6:38pm:
Not at all. Even dumb people are generally more careful with their own money.

So true.  The dumbest of dumb mothercrappity smackers will learn to spend his money wisely once he gets popped a couple of times for acting a fool. 

Government never learns that lesson because they get to use that OPM.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › $1.3 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy