Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Future Leaders
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Future Leaders (Read 255 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Future Leaders
Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03/hogg-wild-david-hogg-rallies-democrats-i...

Could this be one of them? Are people actually rallying behind him? Do they all return that salute and shout every time he raises his fist?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Future Leaders
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
He should be properly put in the context of this propaganda puff piece.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5539363/Crowds-descend-DC-historic-March...

I will look for the "after they went back to school" pictures tomorrow.

Hey they had a nine year old speaking to them! Something about her carrying the "blood" of a famous person made her ideas worth listening to.

It's like the beginning of one of the Children's Crusades.

All they need is the Pope's Blessing from God, and assurances that God wants them to sacrifice themselves for Him, and that they will go straight to heaven.

I think they will keep acting up as long as they are being encouraged and somebody else is buying their food and clothes.

Young people with jobs were not represented. That makes it all undemocratic.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
These kids are passionate and emotional right now. Understandably so.  Let 'em blow off some steam.

I agree the "Black Power" salute was inappropriate for a gun-grabbing speech.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:02am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:40pm:
These kids are passionate and emotional right now. Understandably so.  Let 'em blow off some steam.

Much as students were radicalized and called to revolutionary action in the '60s, these students are being organized for larger purposes.

They are passionate and emotional (irrational), but they aren't just "blowing off steam",  they are being encouraged to believe that their irrational "feelings" should be turned into government policy, policy I might add that is dangerous to liberty.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:40pm:

I agree the "Black Power" salute was inappropriate for a gun-grabbing speech.

The narrative for the NRA:

Their leaders who are staying carefully behind the scenes are going to organize a big school shooting just before the coming election. Those who are inciting these teens to violence are being led by the same kind of people who led the Vietnam war protests. Jane Fonda is one of them.

Looks pretty pink to me!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
The narrative for the NRA:

Their leaders who are staying carefully behind the scenes are going to organize a big school shooting just before the coming election. Those who are inciting these teens to violence are being led by the same kind of people who led the Vietnam war protests. Jane Fonda is one of them.

Looks pretty pink to me!
Jane Fonda is alive? Do you think she's in better mental shape than Nancy Pelosi?

Who do you think has had more face lifts?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:02am:
Much as students were radicalized and called to revolutionary action in the '60s, these students are being organized for larger purposes.

It's an unfortunate reality, but they are clearly being prodded to these protests by the gun-grabbing left.  There's a term for it, but its really derogatory, and I won't use it.  (useful ______)

Jeff wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:02am:
They are passionate and emotional (irrational), but they aren't just "blowing off steam",  they are being encouraged to believe that their irrational "feelings" should be turned into government policy, policy I might add that is dangerous to liberty.

This is true.  I think they will succeed, too. They will urge their Congress Critters to pass laws that will restrict a law-abiding citizen's access to firearms.   (Federal ban on AR-type centerfire carbines, magazine capacity limit to 15 rounds - maybe 10?  Shocked)

And Congress will pass the Laws.  Because they know the Bill of Rights no longer limits them from passing laws which violate our rights. The President will cave in to political pressure and he will probably sign it.

Remember when Bush (43) signed the PATRIOT Act of 2001?  It was in direct violation of the 4th Amendment which says the government cannot conduct a search without obtaining a warrant and showing probable cause to believe that the person has committed or will commit a crime.

SCOTUS should have struck it down, but they looked the other way, because the nation was still reeling from the attacks on Sept 11th of that same year.

If SCOUTUS can give Congress a pass with the 4th, they can give them a pass on the 2nd.  And the 1st.  And so on and so on.

Liberty is on her death-bed. Let's keep her warm and as comfortable as possible.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
It's an unfortunate reality, but they are clearly being prodded to these protests by the gun-grabbing left.  There's a term for it, but its really derogatory, and I won't use it.  (useful ______)

Idiots. You must have been reading my mind.

Edit: I am willing to say 'morons' or 'really stupid people' or 'uneducated children' or 'ignorant dolts' if any would be better, but the traditional term for such people is "useful idiots".

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
They will urge their Congress Critters...
They aren't for the most part old enough to vote.

Their congresscritters  won't listen to them at all unless they are rich and powerful or connected or all of the above.

Only the elite rulers and their elite guards should be allowed to have guns, them and all the Executive branch agencies and bureaus with SWAT teams and the Secret Police of all sorts and the Military as long as it's under control of politically correct generals.

That's not acceptable to me. Even though I am old and unfit for war, I will keep my guns so as to be able to (hopefully) keep barbarians out of the neighborhood.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:59pm:
Even though I am old and unfit for war, I will keep my guns so as to be able to (hopefully) keep barbarians out of the neighborhood.

You can keep and bear arms for whatever reason you deem necessary.  The Founding Fathers recognised the right to keep and bear arms because they wanted the citizens to have the means to to counter an out-of-control government.(keep a free State)

IMO, we are inching closer and closer to that reality.  As each day passes, the government affords itself more and more power.  SCOTUS is deliberately ignoring the threats to our rights. (Very scary, imo.)

You and I may have different reasons for having our firearms,  but our right to have them is indisputable.

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Future Leaders
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy