Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Future Leaders
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Future Leaders (Read 306 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Future Leaders
Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:40pm:
You can keep and bear arms for whatever reason you deem necessary.  The Founding Fathers recognised the right to keep and bear arms because they wanted the citizens to have the means to to counter an out-of-control government.(keep a free State)

IMO, we are inching closer and closer to that reality.  As each day passes, the government affords itself more and more power.  SCOTUS is deliberately ignoring the threats to our rights. (Very scary, imo.)

You and I may have different reasons for having our firearms,  but our right to have them is indisputable.

Smiley

Here's the problem, Skychief:

It isn't libertarians that are the majority of the people who are keeping and bearing arms.  it is republicans and populists.  Republicans and populists will grumble about government power grabs, but will never take up arms against government as long as an election is coming up. 

The government could care less if "conservative" Republicans and populists keep their AR's, because government has nothing to fear from them.  No conservative or populist would ever dream of shooting a federal troop.

Hell, I wouldn't.  I have a son in the Army and another about to go into the Army.  I've had at least one kid in the federal military since 2011.  My guns are to take up the slack from the government police have failed miserably to protect my family from the criminal element. 

The government will have to dealt with some other way . . .

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 10:57pm:
  My guns are to take up the slack from the government police have failed miserably to protect my family from the criminal element. 

Your reason to "keep and bear arms" may be different than mine, but they are just as valid.

There are oath-keepers, and there are oath-breakers.   There's nothing in-between.  Lawmakers who pass laws which infinge on our right to keep and bear arm are oath-BREAKERS.

I'm a proud oath-KEEPER.  I took the very same oath that the President took (on his Inauguration) when I was inducted into the US Navy.  I was very young- 18 yrs old, yet I fully understood the importance of the oath:

"....support and defend the Constitution [incl. Bill of Rights] of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same".

Lawmakers who pass laws that infinge on our rights are oath-breakers.  They should be shunned (and publicly hanged chastized on the steps of the Capitol building).

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 7:43am
Print Post  
It isn't libertarians that are the majority of the people who are keeping and bearing arms.  it is republicans and populists.
Despite the labels, these are people who are united with libertarians in many ways and support many libertarian policies. We can't agree on everything, but in general we agree on limited government, a rule of law equally applied, fiscal responsibility, the existence of a general Right to individual Liberty and the utility of owning guns.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Hell, I wouldn't.  I have a son in the Army and another about to go into the Army.  I've had at least one kid in the federal military since 2011.  My guns are to take up the slack from the government police have failed miserably to protect my family from the criminal element. 

And yet you say laws, including the Constitution, are just words on paper and not only haven't been effective, but can't be effective in controlling and limiting our governments.

So, if not the law, and not by force of arms, how should out of control unlimited government be dealt with?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  
The funders and organizers forgot to provide for cleanup after all those wonderful young people made their wishes known to the world...

Aren't they the same young people who march to save the "environment"?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03/little-hoggs-marchforourlives-student-pr...

Maybe not.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 30th, 2018 at 8:01am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 30th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Both of you are failing to understand that there is a lot of daylight between oath-keepers and oath-breakers when the issue being discussed is your right to have your guns.

The daylight is equivalent to the huge differences between the guns you wish to possess. Some are legitimate and some are not.

In addition to that, there are certain restrictions on where people should be allowed to take their guns.

You school children are paying a very heavy price for your refusal to see a moderated approach. And your society is breaking down because of police violence.

The reason for the latter is now being discussed in another thread. If left to find answers it will, but there's little chance of any of you gungoons allowing that to happen.

Knoci yourselves out! Celebrate the needless slaughter!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 30th, 2018 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The daylight is equivalent to the huge differences between the guns you wish to possess. Some are legitimate and some are not.
Guns are often stolen, but it's then their possessors who are illegitimate.

The ATF stole a pistol from me years ago, a nice High Standard .22 target pistol that was completely legitimate and still is, even though it's no longer with it's legitimate owner. Cry

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 30th, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Both of you are failing to understand that there is a lot of daylight between oath-keepers and oath-breakers when the issue being discussed is your right to have your guns.

Trust me - no Canadian could possibly know the difference between an oath-keeper and an oath-breaker.

Also, it's doubtful a Canadian could even understand why the 2nd Amendment is included in the US Bill of Rights. (sadly, very few Americans understand this, too)

You pretend to have insight on a topic you're completely unfamiliar with.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 30th, 2018 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 30th, 2018 at 4:12pm:
Guns are often stolen, but it's then their possessors who are illegitimate.

The ATF stole a pistol from me years ago, a nice High Standard .22 target pistol that was completely legitimate and still is, even though it's no longer with it's legitimate owner. Cry

Why did they take your gun from you Craig?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Future Leaders
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy