Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mark Zuckerberg Willing to be Regulated
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Mark Zuckerberg Willing to be Regulated (Read 240 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Mark Zuckerberg Willing to be Regulated
Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Well, duh.

Big corporations love expensive and restrictive regulations.  They know that it will be the consumers who pay the costs incurred by the corporations and the taxpayers who pay for the administration of the regulations.  The burdensome regulations will keep small competitors from being able to enter the market.  A win/win for Zuckerberg who must be fearing a new social website that doesn't sell it's clients could send him the way of myspace.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Willing to be Regulated
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
He's almost begging to be regulated. He sees failure in his future unless the government helps him out.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:49am:
Well, duh.

Big corporations love expensive and restrictive regulations.  They know that it will be the consumers who pay the costs incurred by the corporations and the taxpayers who pay for the administration of the regulations.  The burdensome regulations will keep small competitors from being able to enter the market.  A win/win for Zuckerberg who must be fearing a new social website that doesn't sell it's clients could send him the way of myspace.

Another example of US corruption so ably pointed out by burnsred. Complete with the reliable libertarian complaining about the corruption, with no solutions to offer.

All that's missing here is for Craig Sickler to take some kind of contrary position. If he can think one up?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
I think the solution Burnsy is offering is to simply not have the regulation whether Zuckerberg wants it or not.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:04pm:
I think the solution Burnsy is offering is to simply not have the regulation whether Zuckerberg wants it or not.

Why not just stick to one thread that answers or questions everything about regulations and rights, and associated libertarian demands on society? It's not about Zuckerberg to you, it's about regulations. I'm inviting a rational conversation on the other thread.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
That seems unlikely considering Red's previous positions, but it's an improvement, so I'm grateful.

Where would the Constitutional authority come from to "regulate" Zukerberg's business so as to keep if from failing due to Zukerberg's stupidity and ineptness in business?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
All that's missing here is for Craig Sickler to take some kind of contrary position.

You said you have no interest in any Sicklers, but you can't stop bringing up Craig...

How do you explain that?

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 9:11pm
Print Post  

Exactly.  It's amazing how lefties think that any harebrained idea they come up requires opponents to "offer an alternative."  What's wrong with "not do that harebrained thing you just talked about?"  The "alternative to Obamacare" was  "not Obamacare" for even the majority of Democrats until Obama and Nancy Pelosi strongarmed and bribed them into voting for it.

Therefore the alternative to "give a huge corporation regulations that they write which will harm them not at all but will keep out competitors" is "don't give a huge corporation regulations that they write which will harm them not at all but will keep out competitors"

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
Exactly.  It's amazing how lefties think that any harebrained idea they come up requires opponents to "offer an alternative."  What's wrong with "not do that harebrained thing you just talked about?"  The "alternative to Obamacare" was  "not Obamacare" for even the majority of Democrats until Obama and Nancy Pelosi strongarmed and bribed them into voting for it.

Therefore the alternative to "give a huge corporation regulations that they write which will harm them not at all but will keep out competitors" is "don't give a huge corporation regulations that they write which will harm them not at all but will keep out competitors"

Your rightist ideology is taken to ridiculous extremes that make no sense. Your positions on regulations reflect that, but on mostly everything else as well.

How did you get yourself into this libertarian 'pie in the sky' bullshit. Is it for lack of something more sensible?

I think the problem for Americans is that they have been conditioned since childhood to reject a move leftwards, no matter how slight it could be. You don't have an acceptable alternative in your mind that could be a move away from your government's corruption. And your rightist bent just gets you deeper into the shit.

I read you and all of the others on this board the same. You're all searching for an answer to bad government and corruption at all levels of your government.

Except that a few obvious fuking crazies have seeped in to the board which makes it nothing much more than a gongshow.

Keep it up, I delight in hearing your confusion!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 9:11pm:

I can't understand why you post such good libertarian themed arguments, then let the dear Donat asshole "reply" to them unanswered by you...

Not my business. Do what you want to. Just don't threaten my family or friends or any of the Palace Catamites! Angry I will fight to protect them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mark Zuckerberg Willing to be Regulated
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy