Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment... (Read 1070 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Reply #20 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 1:28pm:
The consensus is that theĀ  US Constitution/Bill of Rights is no longer relevant, so the concession would not be contested.

However, if the NRA made this concession which you proposed, they would lose 80% of their members overnight.

That might be somewhat objectional for the NRA - they get their strength from their 5 million paid members. (14 million Americans claim to be NRA Members, but 9 million of them are merely NRA supporters)

No, NRA members are feebleminded followers and would quickly fall in line with the reasoning of their leaders. They're demonstrating that already by obeying while actually understanding that reform should be happening.

There's lots of evidence that the members are in favour of gun control, while the leadership is being played by lobbyists.

As I said, I don't care. But I wanted to point out how the antigun side could be left flatfooted by a concession on AR type weapons. And it could put the whole thing to bed for years!

Those silly school children haven't even thought of the fact that hundguns and American attitudes are going to keep the slaughter going for what looks like indefinitely.

Having a bit of trouble figuring out who you have to be loyal to now Chief?

http://time.com/5197807/stricter-gun-laws-nra/

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:01pm:
There's lots of evidence that the members are in favour of gun control, while the leadership is being played by lobbyists.

http://time.com/5197807/stricter-gun-laws-nra/

Theres evidence that "a majority of National Rifle Association in the survey backing stiffer background checks."

Not bans on certain types of weapons.

You're misrepresenting what was found in the survey.

To an NRA member, "gun control" = stiffer background checks to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics.

To a gunophobe, "gun control" = confiscation and destruction of all AR 15s and AK 47s.

Even though the term is the same, these two groups are talking about very different things.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 5:20pm:
Besides going to school (which should have helped you prepare for the real world but obviously didn't) have you ever lived outside a wealthy enclave in a "progressive" big city?

What?  Well, I've never lived inside a wealthy enclave in a "progressive" big city, so I guess I've always lived outside a wealthy enclave in a "progressive" big city?  I think your question is awkwardly worded.

If you mean that living most of my life in the most diverse, most booming and hardest working city in the world - Houston, Texas - has sheltered me from "the real world," you may have a point. 

I will say that I was stationed near Baltimore for three years.  There was a shining example of the benefits of the welfare state.  I joke but it was tragic for those people.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:21pm:
Theres evidence that "a majority of National Rifle Association in the survey backing stiffer background checks."

Not bans on certain types of weapons.

You're misrepresenting what was found in the survey.

To an NRA member, "gun control" = stiffer background checks to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics.

To a gunophobe, "gun control" = confiscation and destruction of all AR 15s and AK 47s.

Even though the term is the same, these groups are talking about very different things.

Right.  Plus by "stiffer" background checks, they would probably be happy if the government just followed existing procedures correctly instead of passing new laws only to ignore them also.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

ACH

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
The media plays a big part in the misinformation. Calling certain weapons assault weapons and to the folks that don't know any different , they are misinformed.

Most of the public don't realize how many gun laws we already  have on the books.

Like my 14 yr old daughter said " criminals don't care what the law says".

Actually she was 13 when she said it, she turned 14 last week.

It's all a knee jerk reaction based on emotion and not facts.

Liberalism is like putting a bandaide on an infected sore...it looks better but does nothing to solve the real problem.

IP Logged

ACH

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:37pm:
You're technically right fwiw, and that's not much.
What it's worth is maybe lessening the accuracy a bit and slowing down the rate of fire a little. Otherwise, the NRA member who has turned into a crazy shooter has managed to use the AR type weapon as an assault rifle.

Who would care? They have no effect in reducing the slaughter of children. Or do they? Would it be twice as many dead children without those gun laws?

You've taught her the talking points. She's now a child that is ini favour of death. You have the right to make that choice for her at an early age.

Getting rid of AR type weapons certainly is that. I've already said what the problems are.

Canadians never did have the infected sore. Liberals and Conservatives ensured that we never would.

Being a racist is part and parcel of supporting gun violence and teaching your daughter to do likewise. It's mostly black people who are dying. What you need is directly related to your daughter. Her own bullet. It would cure most of yoiur serious problems all at once.

You are obviously someone that is delusional, assuming you know what my beliefs are.

How you came about thinking I'm a racist I don't know but think what you like.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:37pm:
What it's worth is maybe lessening the accuracy a bit and slowing down the rate of fire a little.
Disclaimer- The machine guns that they used were legal. They might have been stolen... Read it for yourself.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/remington-history/remington-timeline-1934-guns-of-bon...

They were young amoral sociopaths in the depths of Wilson and FDR's engineered Great Depression, but you'll hopefully notice that they didn't shoot up schools, or plan to be at the County Fair on it's busiest day to randomly mow down innocents...

Not even having machine guns could make them that evil.

Edit: I find it astounding that Clyde was able to plunder National Guard Armories. Cheesy

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
ACH wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:48pm:
You are obviously someone that is delusional, assuming you know what my beliefs are.

How you came about thinking I'm a racist I don't know but think what you like.

I knew you viewed different races separately because you and Sickler made the distinction in your conversation.

It's not what the racist says, he'll always leave some room to deny. It's that he keeps on saying it and pointing out the differences. You got caught doing just that.

Don't worry about it! It's just what "I" believe.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

ACH

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Yep..if you aint got nothing ise the race card.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
ACH wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 5:16pm:
Yep..if you aint got nothing ise the race card.

You made your own bed on this forum. You didn't think anybody would pick up on it. Now you're spending all your time trying to dig yourself out.

There's a right way and a wrong way. You figure it out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy