Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment... (Read 1188 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Reply #30 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You made your own bed on this forum. You didn't think anybody would pick up on it. Now you're spending all your time trying to dig yourself out.

There's a right way and a wrong way. You figure it out.
Every time you have nothing to say, you resort to insults, death threats and accusations of racism and cold hearted greed.

Yawn.

IP Logged

ACH

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
BTW, Don I'm not sure what you meant by the bullet comment and my daughter but you need to be careful.
For me you're just a noise that I will choose to ignore.

Engaging in heavy debates is one thing but with some people there's not much you can say.
Don, God bless you

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:23pm:
What?  Well, I've never lived inside a wealthy enclave in a "progressive" big city, so I guess I've always lived outside a wealthy enclave in a "progressive" big city?  I think your question is awkwardly worded.

If you mean that living most of my life in the most diverse, most booming and hardest working city in the world - Houston, Texas - has sheltered me from "the real world," you may have a point. 

I will say that I was stationed near Baltimore for three years.  There was a shining example of the benefits of the welfare state.  I joke but it was tragic for those people.

Thanks for the honest response.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What you need is directly related to your daughter. Her own bullet. It would cure most of yoiur serious problems all at once.
This is you at your worst.

I'm surprised thermie hasn't threatened to slit your throat for posts like this! Cheesy

IP Logged

ACH

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:35pm:
This is you at your worst.

I'm surprised thermie hasn't threatened to slit your throat for posts like this! Cheesy

Real men don't make statements like that.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
ACH wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 2:32pm:
The media plays a big part in the misinformation. Calling certain weapons assault weapons and to the folks that don't know any different , they are misinformed.

Yep..   You can place a Ruger 10/22 carbine next to a scary-looking AR-15. Essentially, the function and operation of these two rifles are the same.  They are both semi-auto carbines with detatchable magazines, they both fire a similar caliber bullet, yet one is called an assault weapon and the other looks like something a grandfather might hand down to his 14 yr old grandson.

Gunophobes say "BAN the AR", but they're ok with the Ruger carbine because it isn't as "scary-looking" as the AR.   *sigh*   Roll Eyes

It's fairly obvious that Gunophobes don't think things through very well. Their objections are fueled by ignorance and emotions.  And that's why it's so hard (for me) to take them seriously when they demand a ban on "assault weapons".

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Yep..   You can place a Ruger 10/22 carbine next to a scary-looking AR-15. Essentially, the function and operation of these two rifles are the same.  They are both semi-auto carbines with detatchable magazines, they both fire a similar caliber bullet, yet one is called an assault weapon and the other looks like something a grandfather might hand down to his 14 yr old grandson.

It is something that my father bought for me at Western Auto for my twelfth birthday.  The Marlin version of that .22 I mean.

Yes, the .22 could be said to be similar caliber to the .223 that man AR 15's fire. One is only one one thousandth of an inch larger than the other in diameter.  But they are far different bullets in power and use.

Quote:
Gunophobes say "BAN the AR", but they're ok with the Ruger carbine because it isn't as "scary-looking" as the AR.   *sigh*   Roll Eyes

It's fairly obvious that Gunophobes don't think things through very well. Their objections are fueled by ignorance and emotions.  And that's why it's so hard (for me) to take them seriously when they demand a ban on "assault weapons".

Yes, the gun grabbers are silly and ignorant.  They know nothing of the guns they seek to ban.  But we libertarians have to have our eyes wide open and understand the implications of the practical application of our theoretical dedication to freedom. 

In the matter of so-called "assault rifles" we have perfect freedom in many states.  Anyone can buy one and as many as we like.  So libertarians have little to complain about.  Now we have to look at one of the effects of this freedom.

The AR15 is a weapon that is far more suited to a mass shooting by a lunatic than a Ruger .22.  It fires a very destructive bullet and can be fired at rates approaching that of an automatic rifle for thirty rounds and a practices shooter can change magazines in less than two seconds.  Video game play has taught teenagers (who learned little of the Pythagorean Theorem) that it is important not to watch a victim in a mass shooting fall, but to quickly target the next shooter. 

I'm not saying we should support a ban of this or any other gun.  I'm saying that we should be realistic and honest about the consequences of not banning them and counter any such arguments with the consequences of allowing government to make such decisions for us.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

ACH

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 9:40pm:
It is something that my father bought for me at Western Auto for my twelfth birthday.  The Marlin version of that .22 I mean.

Yes, the .22 could be said to be similar caliber to the .223 that man AR 15's fire. One is only one one thousandth of an inch larger than the other in diameter.  But they are far different bullets in power and use.

Yes, the gun grabbers are silly and ignorant.  They know nothing of the guns they seek to ban.  But we libertarians have to have our eyes wide open and understand the implications of the practical application of our theoretical dedication to freedom. 

In the matter of so-called "assault rifles" we have perfect freedom in many states.  Anyone can buy one and as many as we like.  So libertarians have little to complain about.  Now we have to look at one of the effects of this freedom.

The AR15 is a weapon that is far more suited to a mass shooting by a lunatic than a Ruger .22.  It fires a very destructive bullet and can be fired at rates approaching that of an automatic rifle for thirty rounds and a practices shooter can change magazines in less than two seconds.  Video game play has taught teenagers (who learned little of the Pythagorean Theorem) that it is important not to watch a victim in a mass shooting fall, but to quickly target the next shooter. 

I'm not saying we should support a ban of this or any other gun.  I'm saying that we should be realistic and honest about the consequences of not banning them and counter any such arguments with the consequences of allowing government to make such decisions for us.

I see your point but a thug that can operate a weapon with a 10 round capacity can still do a lot of damage in a matter of seconds by swapping mags.

I don't think restricting law abiding citizens because of what some people have done, or may do, will solve anything.

What we have to remember is the Libs use these shootings along with their allies in the media to sway the general public.

There are those in the gun control crowd that genuinely want to do something to prevent mass shootings but they are ignorant to the fact that criminals don't care what the law says.
But the leaders in higher places of the gun control already know it's a farce but their main objective is control.

IP Logged

Land of Freedom
Libertarian's Forum Administrator

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Leftists dont support gun rights, or other many other rights, freedoms, by the way.

LibertariansForum.com The LF Administrator.
IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Land of Freedom wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 10:58pm:
Leftists dont support gun rights, or other many other rights, freedoms, by the way.

They support plenty, like the right to travel. Right-wing nutjobs don't. Like it or not, leftism is fairly libertarian, while rightism is just about diametrically opposed.

Scrap the redistribution and leftism IS libertarianism.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy