Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment... (Read 1099 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Reply #50 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 9:58am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:04pm:
By definition- yes - it's an ideology.  The article is based on the false premise that all ideologies are evil, and must be "cured".

Which of course, is absurd.  That's why the whole article seemed so funny to me.

i·de·ol·o·gy
a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
"I wish everybody could be as free as possible" isn't much of a system of beliefs, but the system of political economy designed by our Constitution (minus the "progressive" perversions") is, it's just an extension of the ideology of the classical liberals, as is modern libertarian thought (minus the perversions of the anarchists).

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 8:25am:
Being "realistic" resulted in banning Clyde Barrows BARs from general civilian ownership (https://www.range365.com/guns-bonnie-clyde) and the Thompsons used by law enforcement and any other fully automatic weapons (unless you get a Class III license)...

From a law enforcement standpoint, it's not good to be outgunned by amoral sociopaths like Bonnie and Clyde,

Sure.  Just like from a law-enforcement standpoint, it's not good to be prevented from searching an amoral sociopath's home and person by that fourth amendment or to be prevented from forcing amoral sociopaths to answer questions. 

Law enforcement never enjoy enforcing laws that protect privacy rights and due process for amoral sociopaths, but that's at least as much a part of the job as enforcing window tint regulations.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:36am:
Sure.  Just like from a law-enforcement standpoint, it's not good to be prevented from searching an amoral sociopath's home and person by that fourth amendment or to be prevented from forcing amoral sociopaths to answer questions. 

Law enforcement never enjoy enforcing laws that protect privacy rights and due process for amoral sociopaths, but that's at least as much a part of the job as enforcing window tint regulations.

It's conspicuous that you tried to change the subject. Sickler said: Quote:
From a law enforcement standpoint, it's not good to be outgunned by amoral sociopaths like Bonnie and Clyde,

I hate to see the occasion of him saying something worthwhile to escape unnoticed.

It's a baby step to take that from BARS to AR type weapons. Sickler will scream foul on that but he's shot his foot off again.

Craig Sickler is a leftist you know, and you should draw that out of his hide as often as you can.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
David Hogg has enjoyed the spotlight since the Parkland Massacre last month. But there was a backlash from law-abiding gun owners who want to keep their ARs and their AKs.

And they want their voices heard, too. A West Virginia man is organizing a national rally at every state capital in the nation in support of the Second Amendment on (Saturday) April 14th.

https://freedomoutpost.com/april-14-2018-patriotic-americans-plans-second-amendm...

I would participate, but our Lawmakers in Sacramento already dismiss the 2nd Amendment as an outdated law, so there's no point in showing support for a law that is no longer recognized.

It sure would be the perfect excuse to do a nice cross-country flight in the Piper, though.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's a baby step to take that from BARS to AR type weapons.
Police in the U.S. haven't been outgunned by criminals since before they shot down Bonnie and Clyde.

Why do you keep saying "AR type weapons"?

The first part of that "AR type" is meaningless unless you clarify what exactly what you mean, and the second part "weapons" is a modifier that can be applied even to fists and feet, because fists and feet can be used as weapons.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's conspicuous that you tried to change the subject. Sickler said:

I hate to see the occasion of him saying something worthwhile to escape unnoticed.

It's a baby step to take that from BARS to AR type weapons.

Yes, it is.  By the same token, it is a baby step from banning AR type weapons to banning all semi-auto rifles and pistols.  Another baby step to ban bearing any kind of firearm.  Another baby step to ban owning any type of firearm. 

Gunophobes consistently refuse to be specific about their goal, because their goal is to Europeanize the U.S.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:10am:
  Yes, it is.  By the same token, it is a baby step from banning AR type weapons to banning all semi-auto rifles and pistols.  Another baby step to ban bearing any kind of firearm.  Another baby step to ban owning any type of firearm. 

Gunophobes consistently refuse to be specific about their goal, because their goal is to Europeanize the U.S.

What I actually said was- "From a law enforcement standpoint, it's not good to be outgunned by amoral sociopaths like Bonnie and Clyde."

The way you quoted Donat made it seem as if I said something quite different.

Anyway, I agree with you. From the standpoint of free people-

Federalist No. 29: Hamilton
           "Little more can reasonably be aimed at with respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped;"

"This will not only lessen the call for military establishments, but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little if any at all inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow citizens."

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:36am:
What I actually said was- "From a law enforcement standpoint, it's not good to be outgunned by amoral sociopaths like Bonnie and Clyde."

The way you quoted Donat made it seem as if I said something quite different.

Anyway, I agree with you. From the standpoint of free people-

Federalist No. 29: Hamilton
           "Little more can reasonably be aimed at with respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped;"

"This will not only lessen the call for military establishments, but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little if any at all inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow citizens."

Thanks for the clarification.  I understood your statement about Bonnie and Clyde's BARs to mean that you also wanted certain guns to be banned.  My bad.

I apologize for not editing out the name Don keeps calling you.  I've tried to do that every time I've replied to him so as to not appear to support his behavior.

I believe I will avoid replying to Don altogether for a while until I'm sure that I won't make that mistake again.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Thanks for the clarification.  I understood your statement about Bonnie and Clyde's BARs to mean that you also wanted certain guns to be banned.  My bad.

I apologize for not editing out the name Don keeps calling you.  I've tried to do that every time I've replied to him so as to not appear to support his behavior.

I believe I will avoid replying to Don altogether for a while until I'm sure that I won't make that mistake again.

You will likely have to stop replying to me because I'm going to call Craig Sickler by his proper name. That way nobody will be confused whether he's jeff or billie.

Can I depend on you to keep your promise for a couple of weeks at least?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:14pm:

No problem, and I could not care less about what dear Donat calls me.

I have such a fundamental view of Rights that I think it's a bad idea for anyone to be outgunned. (Edit: That's why I keep begging the lizard to buy it's Mom a gun and lessons!)

I certainly don't want to be outgunned by criminal barbarians who might come around where I live. Shocked

If MS-13 or the the DOA have machine guns, I want one too! Except I don't.

I'm going to rely on the County Sheriffs and my neighbors.

I think the Sheriffs have assault rifles, and I hope they train in how to use them wisely. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Its Time To Repeal The Second Amendment...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy