Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Income Inequality
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Income Inequality (Read 2762 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Income Inequality
Apr 1st, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Income Inequality
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Can you tell me in your own words why you prefer income equality when every attempt to bring it about through government has led to shortage, famine, and totalitarianism?

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 8:38pm:
Can you tell me in your own words why you prefer income equality when every attempt to bring it about through government has led to shortage, famine, and totalitarianism?

I'm pretty sure you've mistated what you wanted to say, but I'm not certain yet. So I'll wait for you to restate it before I agree with it.

You're better than that burnsred. Maybe you're arguing with mr. Sickler too much?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Maybe the, "extremes of wealth and poverty in America are the worst by far in the industrialized world" because we're taking in way more of the world's poor.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
"Give me your tired,..Your poor..Your huddled masses yearning to--um--yearning to--HOLY SHIT!!"

http://teamawesomeproject2.blogspot.com/p/2011.html

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:20pm:
Maybe the, "extremes of wealth and poverty in America are the worst by far in the industrialized world" because we're taking in way more of the world's poor.
You have to consider that our "poor" are better off than than an incredible number of people all around the world.

Russian oligarchs compared to Russian peasants, or Chinese Party Members and their cronies compared to Chinese peasants are an even larger and more widespread gaps.

There is no doubt at all that our governments have been grinding down working people and providing constant "QEs" to keep the financial people in high cotton, but that is a result of anti-worker laws and bad fiscal and monetary policy that will not end well for anyone.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:20pm:

Maybe Ruby? But no dear, that's not the answer because it's not true.

You don't want to debate this issue with me dear. I'll anniliate you with facts. Craig Sickler is lonely and he'll take a contrary position on anything!

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
The U.S. has the largest percentage of the world's foreign born population at almost 20%, while the country in second place is Germany with almost 5% of the world's foreign born population.  That's a huge difference.  Canada has over 3%.  How about you guys take in more of the world's poor before bitching about income inequality in the U.S.?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:52pm:
The U.S. has the largest percentage of the world's foreign born population at almost 20%, while the country in second place is Germany with almost 5% of the world's foreign born population.  That's a huge difference.
You claim having "too many" foreign born people causes income inequality?

There must be another more reasonable theory for the cause, otherwise, how do you explain the vast income inequality in China?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 8:17am
Print Post  
That article said the U.S. is the worst country in the industrialized world when it comes to extremes in wealth and poverty.  I'm saying a big reason is that the U.S. has been taking in way more of the world's poor than any of those other industrialized countries.  In fact, taking in so many poor people, whether they're here legally or not, is unfair to the poor people who have been born here.  It's much easier to help your poor when you don't have so many of them.  Breaking the cycle of poverty begins with the children while they're in school.  The more immigrant children (legal or not) we have in our classrooms, the less money we have to spend on each student.  Unfortunately, Dems want more poor people here because the poor tend to vote for those who will redistribute wealth, they want a Robin Hood Government.  Dems love government dependence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Income Inequality
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy