Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons (Read 1099 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons
Apr 2nd, 2018 at 9:54am
Print Post  
The 'caravan'
Alex Mensing, one of the US collaborators who works for Pueblo Sin Fronteras, started in the city of Tapachula, which is located in the state of Chiapas, Mexico, and borders Guatemala. The caravan of about 1,100 people is currently in Oaxaca, Mexico, about 420 miles from their starting point. Mensing said the migrants would turn themselves in and request asylum.

Pueblo Sin Fronteras said they would not respond to Trump's tweet, but stated that the refugee caravan "is a movement made of people who were forced to flee their countries of origin due to persecution and violence."
Mensing said the caravan's primary goal is to "flee Central America" and seek asylum either within Mexico or the United States. About four or five different immigration rights groups are working with the asylum seekers, informing and preparing them on their journey to seek refuge.

This is the fifth year the group has done the caravan.
Two caravans were mobilized in 2017 with fewer people and many of their cases have yet to be resolved. Out of the 200 people who marched with the caravan, three have successfully been granted asylum in the US so far, while cases for the others are either in the court system or awaiting decisions.

Mexico should immediately grant them asylum.  They are deluded people who have somehow convinced themselves that the U.S. is some kind of "land of opportunity."  They must not know what socially irresponsible capitalists we are or how our health care is rated one of the worst in the world.

Mexico should build a wall to keep any more Latin Americans from making the mistake of moving the El Norte.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
They are welcome in California. We are an officially declared "sanctuary" State.  We have many social programs that the Caravan people can apply for.

Other "sanctuary" states are:

• Colorado
• Illinois
• New Mexico
• Oregon
• Vermont

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 9:54am:
The 'caravan'
Alex Mensing, one of the US collaborators who works for Pueblo Sin Fronteras, started in the city of Tapachula, which is located in the state of Chiapas, Mexico, and borders Guatemala. The caravan of about 1,100 people is currently in Oaxaca, Mexico, about 420 miles from their starting point. Mensing said the migrants would turn themselves in and request asylum.

Pueblo Sin Fronteras said they would not respond to Trump's tweet, but stated that the refugee caravan "is a movement made of people who were forced to flee their countries of origin due to persecution and violence."
Mensing said the caravan's primary goal is to "flee Central America" and seek asylum either within Mexico or the United States. About four or five different immigration rights groups are working with the asylum seekers, informing and preparing them on their journey to seek refuge.

This is the fifth year the group has done the caravan.
Two caravans were mobilized in 2017 with fewer people and many of their cases have yet to be resolved. Out of the 200 people who marched with the caravan, three have successfully been granted asylum in the US so far, while cases for the others are either in the court system or awaiting decisions.

Mexico should immediately grant them asylum.  They are deluded people who have somehow convinced themselves that the U.S. is some kind of "land of opportunity."  They must not know what socially irresponsible capitalists we are or how our health care is rated one of the worst in the world.

Mexico should build a wall to keep any more Latin Americans from making the mistake of moving the El Norte.

I know that Canada is taking dozens of people who are likely a part of this caravan. Many are those who are afraid to go to the US for fear of getting sent back.

Like the Chief who welcomes those poor suffering people in California, we also are welcoming them in Canada.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I know that Canada is taking dozens of people who are likely a part of this caravan. Many are those who are afraid to go to the US for fear of getting sent back.

Like the Chief who welcomes those poor suffering people in California, we also are welcoming them in Canada.

Dozens.

Awesome . . .

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:37pm:
Dozens.

Awesome . . .

You're better than that burnsred.

I expect better!

Use your snark on the others. I like it a lot when you do, but I am holding you to a higher standard.

It might work with your piece of shit friend Craig Sickler?

(no, I  know he's not your friend)

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 11:31am:
They are welcome in California. We are an officially declared "sanctuary" State.  We have many social programs that the Caravan people can apply for.

Other "sanctuary" states are:

• Colorado
• Illinois
• New Mexico
• Oregon
• Vermont

I wonder what would happen if boatloads of South African displaced farmers started coming in.

I bet they'd make an exception and crack down.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:27am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:57pm:
I wonder what would happen if boatloads of South African displaced farmers started coming in.

Probably so.

And if California Dems thought for a moment that these Caravan people might possibly vote Republican, they would be marching in the streets with torches and pitch-forks demanding that the newcomers be turned away!

Grin

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:32am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:57pm:

If they can get into Mexico, they can just walk across the border can't they?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:32am:
If they can get into Mexico, they can just walk across the border can't they?

If they cross into California, yes.  California is a "sanctuary" state.  We are eagerly awaiting their arrival.

Also, New Mexico is a declared sanctuary state, but California has much better taxpayer-funded social-assistance programs, so they would be wise come here.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:12pm:
If they cross into California, yes.  California is a "sanctuary" state.  We are eagerly awaiting their arrival.

Also, New Mexico is a declared sanctuary state, but California has much better taxpayer-funded social-assistance programs, so they would be wise come here.

You blew it when you said 'eagerly awaiting'.

It wasn't necessary you know, even though you probably thought it was.

Only the most ardent humanitarians would be 'eagerly awaiting'. It would perhaps be just a very few people who actually take their Christianity very seriously.

Not exactly the sentiments one would expect to hear from Sickler. LOL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy