Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons (Read 1096 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons
Reply #10 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You blew it when you said 'eagerly awaiting'.

It wasn't necessary you know, even though you probably thought it was.

When I said "We", I meant WE Californians (collectively). I didn't mean to imply that I personally eagerly await their arrival.  Because I don't.

But you're right - I should have made that more clear.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
It seems that the Caravan For Humanity was headed off at the pass.

For now, anyways.  Mexican authorities have corralled them in a "brown-grass soccer field" somewhere in Matías Romero Avendano, Oaxaca.

Some will be processed for asylum, some will be returned to their countries of origin.

Oh well...  There's always next year! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/the-caravan-of-migrants-thats-...

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 2:31pm:
It seems that the Caravan For Humanity was headed off at the pass.

For now, anyways.  Mexican authorities have corralled them in a "brown-grass soccer field" somewhere in Matías Romero Avendano, Oaxaca.

Some will be processed for asylum, some will be returned to their countries of origin.

Oh well...  There's always next year! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/the-caravan-of-migrants-thats-...

Sounds like Trump's mentioning that "cash cow NAFTA is in play," had its intended effect.

Or maybe they really do think Trump will use a nuclear bomb on them . . .

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 3:51pm:
Sounds like Trump's mentioning that "cash cow NAFTA is in play," had its intended effect.

Yes, I heard that Trump threatened to use NAFTA as leverage. 

Watching the fake news at lunch, Cavuto reported that approx 150 of the Caravansary fled the soccer field detention area and hopped a freight train headed for the US.

Intrepid souls, they.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:12pm:
If they cross into California, yes.  California is a "sanctuary" state.  We are eagerly awaiting their arrival.

It's pretty easy to type while your tongue is completely in your cheek, but I bet you couldn't say it out loud...

The Moonbeam State Welcomes Afrikaners... Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 3:51pm:

Or maybe they really do think Trump will use a nuclear bomb on them . . .
Nukes wouldn't be required. Taking out the narco gangs after legalizing the drugs that make them rich and powerful cronies of corrupt governments would remove the funding that keeps the corrupt governments in power.

If you get rid of corrupt government and criminal gang cronies, Mexico could prosper, and most Mexicans would prefer to live there.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:03pm:
It's pretty easy to type while your tongue is completely in your cheek, but I bet you couldn't say it out loud...

You're right - I couldn't.  We have a disproportionally high number of "undocumented" immigrants in California. The Dems claim they are an asset, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

If these people are involved in a traffic accident, they will run.  99% of the time.  Our Auto insurance is more expensive due to this paradigm.

The truth is, Dems welcome undocumented immigrants because they are guaranteed votes for the Democrat Party.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:58am:
You're right - I couldn't.  We have a disproportionally high number of "undocumented" immigrants in California. The Dems claim they are an asset, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

If these people are involved in a traffic accident, they will run.  99% of the time.  Our Auto insurance is more expensive due to this paradigm.

The truth is, Dems welcome undocumented immigrants because they are guaranteed votes for the Democrat Party.

The biggest consideration for both parties is getting the cheap labour into the country.

If everything has been quite confusing on the positions of the major parties and Trump, it's because that consideration hasn't been taken into account enough.

Nobody could confess to the truth, then Trump barges in and nearly upsets the apple cart.

The status quo will very likely continue quite undisturbed for years to come. It's mutually beneficial for both countries.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The biggest consideration for both parties is getting the cheap labour into the country.

If everything has been quite confusing on the positions of the major parties and Trump, it's because that consideration hasn't been taken into account enough.

Nobody could confess to the truth, then Trump barges in and nearly upsets the apple cart.

The status quo will very likely continue quite undisturbed for years to come. It's mutually beneficial for both countries.

Yes, Republicans have been using this issue to beat up Dems for so long that they are not willing to put a stop to it now that they have a president who is out front on it and a majority in both houses. 

The victims are the illegals themselves.  By making it illegal for them to come in but not lifting a finger to prevent it, we put them in the hands of the ruthless coyotes.  They also suffer because the heartless Mexican government who encourages them to walk the length of Mexico doesn't bother to give them a ride. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Fixed that for you.  Cool

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mexico Should Stop the Caravan for Humanitarian Reasons
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy