Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Replication Crises
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Replication Crises (Read 7020 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Replication Crises
Reply #830 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:50am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:26pm:
Yep. They made people furrow their brows as if sad, then look at stuff.

The stuff seemed sadder to them.
Red is making strange claims isn't he? It sounds like he believes that when someone you love dies, your body automatically makes tears and the tears then cause you to grieve for them. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Replication Crises
Reply #831 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:04am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:26pm:
Here's my point: If you were going to claim that the reason I can't succeed in the NBA is someone else's fault, you'd need to push the idea that everyone is born able to achieve the same height and someone starved me or something.

Though I probably wouldn't have realised my towering intellectual potential if that happened. *Shrug*

Leftists need to push the idea that genetics don't exist, so they can gain political power from the idea that when someone fails, it's everyone else's fault.

If it's the fault of a bunch of proteins, enzymes, and peptides, it's kinda hard to blame everyone else and subsequently justify punishing them.

That's a good point, but "progressive" beliefs are hard to pin down because they don't really know what they believe other than that individuals with Rights and minds of their own all too often don't make good communists.
I think they blame economic liberty for creating people with minds of their own. It's some sort of idea that the opportunity to personally profit from your own labor makes people greedy...Maybe. I know they firmly believe that it's "the system", "society" that makes people what they are, and that is why it is essentially important that only the best people be allowed to create "systems" and "societies".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Replication Crises
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy