Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ideological Possession
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ideological Possession (Read 704 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Ideological Possession
Reply #50 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 2:59pm:
I agree, Trump HAS has taken politics further away from libertarian ideals.  Is this a surprise to anyone?  Who expected (or even hoped for) Trump to promote a liberarian agenda?    I sure didn't.  I don't think ANY libertarians did.

“Libertarians are the party of peaceful trade with all nations and entangling alliances with none -  Trump’s reckless military aggressiveness and trade wars are quite the opposite.”
  - LNC  Executive Director, Wes Benedict

That quote doesn't apply to the libertarians on this board. Most don't even make the claim. You do at least make the claim.

I have my doubts on where you will stand if your country finds it 'necessary' to go to war with Iran.

I think you will be quite likely seeing the need. I've very seldom been wrong on Americans when I have said that on any of your wars. The few times I was wrong was when they 'really did appear to be pretending' but they were sincere. You don't even do a good job of pretending.

Would you like to now?

No US warmaking is necessary. Your country is the evil aggressor. Many of the people at antiwar.com have no difficulty stated that whatsoever.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 6:21pm:
That quote doesn't apply to the libertarians on this board.
I've asked this before- Who on the forum do you think is a libertarian, and why?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:31am:
I've asked this before- Who on the forum do you think is a libertarian, and why?

Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 11:54pm:
Must I remind you again that I'm the libertarian and you are one of the fakers. 

When one is delusional, reality becomes a dream, and vice versa.   Grin

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 12:20pm:
When one is delusional, reality becomes a dream, and vice versa.   Grin

When one is delusional that would probably be true.

Without naming each individual delusion, I'll just say that libertarian principle which I support would all be quite possible to make into reality.

Just two for examples would be:

Bringing freedom to the people by bringing abour reform to gun laws that would allow people to live in relative freedom from fear of being shot dead.

Bringing fairness to income taxation so the poor and middle class could gain back some of their money which has been stolen from them by the 1%.

The difference is: A real libertarian doesn't spend his time pondering the day when income taxation will be abolished.

Who is the libertarian on this board? Maybe we should look at some more libertarian beliefs to sort them out from pseudo-libertarian fantasies from never-never land?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
No one on this forum is a libertarian except Tom Palven.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:29pm:
No one on this forum is a libertarian except Tom Palven.

It simply doesn't exist in politics. It's freely admitted by it's propnents that it's an impossible political philosophy for an entire country.

It's a fantasy befitting a small village of misfits. You need to stop forgetting to take your lithium.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:34pm:
It simply doesn't exist in politics. It's freely admitted by it's proponents that it's an impossible political philosophy for an entire country.

It's a fantasy befitting a small village of misfits. You need to stop forgetting to take your lithium.

The fact that there will always be some degree of wrong is no excuse for giving up on pursuing what is right.

The idea that there will be zero murders is a fantasy, so let's just forget about pursuing that and legalise, say, two to four thousand murders per year.

I hope you realise how silly it sounds when you think about it even a little to stop pursuing what is right simply because you believe it will never exist.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:33pm:

When one is delusional that would probably be true.

Without naming each individual delusion, I'll just say that libertarian principle which I support would all be quite possible to make into reality.

Just two for examples would be:

Bringing freedom to the people by bringing abour reform to gun laws that would allow people to live in relative freedom from fear of being shot dead.
If you are worried about being shot dead you could move to London, where you will soon be safe even from being stabbed to death. Roll Eyes

Or you could simply move to one of those many many Counties in the U.S. where people don't shoot each other, and when they do, it is almost always a family matter. Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
The fact that there will always be some degree of wrong is no excuse for giving up on pursuing what is right.

The idea that there will be zero murders is a fantasy, so let's just forget about pursuing that and legalise, say, two to four thousand murders per year.

I hope you realise how silly it sounds when you think about it even a little to stop pursuing what is right simply because you believe it will never exist.
That's right, it's childishly absurd.

You need to focus only on not initiating aggression yourself. That's all.

Don't try to take over as the arbiter who forces the rest of us to become 'angels' in your eyes.

By "pursing what is right", you mean using government power to force what you "feel" is right on the rest of us Angry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ideological Possession
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy