Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . . (Read 1128 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . .
Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:17pm:
I'm questioning those figures ...

I made them up..  I was just having a little fun.   I should have stated that in my post.  Embarrassed

Seriously though,, there ARE leftists in the US., but I have no idea what the actual percentage is.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:51pm:
I made them up..  I was just having a little fun.   I should have stated that in my post.  Embarrassed

You're entitled to make shit up. I'm entitled to point it out. The figures on the left and right are close enough to what Americans would see as the truth, if they judge according to Trump's support. The third was a bit suspicious.

Quote:
Seriously though,, there ARE leftists in the US., but I have no idea what the actual percentage is.

Then if you have no idea, I'll offer mine for you to argue. It's a small % because Americans perceive a lot of people to be leftists when in fact they still tend rightist according to world standards of the leading countries.

Play with that any way you like. At least it's making a useful discussion out of burnsred's attempts to get my attention.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
Then if you have no idea, I'll offer mine for you to argue. It's a small % because Americans perceive a lot of people to be leftists when in fact they still tend rightist according to world standards of the leading countries.

Yes, it is relative.  What I consider a "leftist" you might consider an ordinary Joe.

Recently, I unwittingly found myself in a den of leftists.  Even you would consider them leftist.  There's an old Victorian era brick-red house in S.W. Los Angeles.  The place is so old, there's no garage - it has a carriage house. I won't reveal the address to respect their privacy.

From the street, it just looks like an old, dilapidated house.  Its actually a Communist Party Hideout.  Shocked  I went there to offer a bid on some cabling for audio P.A. system they want to have installed. (for propaganda meetings, no doubt).

I was shocked at what I saw.  The agent I spoke with seemed nice enough, but all I wanted to do was get the eff out of there.  So I gave an insanely high bid because I didn't want the job.

Was that unethical? 

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:44pm:
Yes, it is relative.  What I consider a "leftist" you might consider an ordinary Joe.

Recently, I unwittingly found myself in a den of leftists.  Even you would consider them leftist.  There's an old Victorian era brick-red house in S.W. Los Angeles.  The place is so old, there's no garage - it has a carriage house. I won't reveal the address to respect their privacy.

From the street, it just looks like an old, dilapidated house.  Its actually a Communist Party Hideout.  Shocked  I went there to offer a bid on some cabling for audio P.A. system they want to have installed. (for propaganda meetings, no doubt).

I was shocked at what I saw.  The agent I spoke with seemed nice enough, but all I wanted to do was get the eff out of there.  So I gave an insanely high bid because I didn't want the job.

Was that unethical? 

Was that whole story's purpose  just to ask that question?

I don't think it was unethical or ethical to walk away. I can tell you what I would have done though, and have done is some quite similar circumstances in which the people involved weren't my cup of tea. It was a military suplus store in my instance. I bid the job high to make up for the displeasure I felt. And I got the job. I reasoned to myself that I had been able to punish them for their ugly disposition. That's because they cater to very ugly people. People that run around with a chip on their shoulders and a knife on their belts and camo clothing.

Why are you so turned off against communists? I don't understand because I wouldn't turn away from a job for neo-Nazis. Some libertarian might just walk in and give them a deal.

We don't need to talk about communists any more than we should be talking about fascists or nazis. We should be talking about political preferences that lean right or left. I have friends that are a little too rightist for my preferences and you probably feel the same about leftist friends.

I'm always searching for a more moderated approach. Maybe for a couple of weeks where I don't have to put up with burnsred, we might be able fo find some common ground.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I can refute their case that gender is subjective by simply talking to any one of them.

I will claim to be transgender. No, I have a male sex organ, and a Y chromosome, and I identify as male, but I also identify as transgender.

See, they'll seize upon this contradiction. No, you're not transgender if you're male and identify as male.

They will admit that being male is objective when it suits their agenda. They will walk right into admitting that there is some level of things being what they are, not what they identify as.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 11:54am:
Since gender IS determined by biology, China needs to start mass producing sex dolls.  Not sure where they could go to snatch real women.
Male prostitutes could fill a large part of the demand if they would just quit executing them. Angry

Just sayin'. I know it's not a cure, because they won't get pregnant.

It's their business anyway, right?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 3:36pm:
They will walk right into admitting that there is some level of things being what they are, not what they identify as.
There are many levels of reality grasshopper, but physical reality is the one than can kill you most easily.

If you are careless, you may die sooner rather than later.

That is a fact of physical reality.

On a less serious note, living your life in peace and love and cooperation is cool with me, but I'd caution you that living the majority of your life in lies is not good for you or those around you.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Was that whole story's purpose  just to ask that question?

It was to support my assertion that "leftist" is a relative term.  I wanted to demonstrate that i know the difference between a "modern liberal" and a leftist . The ethics question was just an afterthought.

Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
I have friends that are a little too rightist for my preferences and you probably feel the same about leftist friends.

Again, political position is relative.  Looks like we agree on this.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 11:54am:
Since gender IS determined by biology, China needs to start mass producing sex dolls.  Not sure where they could go to snatch real women.
Vietnam, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia...

Almost certainly Cambodia and Laos...

Do they like Australian women? Probably not...

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Billie, snatching women from those countries wouldn't be as easy as it was when Muslims snatched the Boko Haram students.  Would the Chinese government even allow foreign women in?  They have a bunch of factories in China, they need to get busy producing sex dolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy