Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . . (Read 1505 times)
RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . .
Reply #30 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
So true, Opposition.  How long before all zombie movies and TV shows are bad because the concept of zombies comes from Africa?  What the left won't come up with to put the, "racist" label on people.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Don, you are obviously anti-American, and you WANT to see Americans as racist.  Not only is it cold up there in Canada because it's closer to the North Pole, but you're living in America's shadow.  Sorry it bothers you so much.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
So true, Opposition.  How long before all zombie movies and TV shows are bad because the concept of zombies comes from Africa?  What the left won't come up with to put the, "racist" label on people.

The only counter to it will be to discard television, stories, and even happiness itself.

I'll be able to do it. They can't accuse a computer of being racist.

https://newrepublic.com/article/144644/turns-algorithms-racist

Oh wait, they can.

Damn it.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/3/24/11297050/tay-microsoft-chatbot-racist

Poor Tay; she didn't think of anyone as "human trash".

Quote:
It's a joke, obviously, but there are serious questions to answer, like how are we going to teach AI using public data without incorporating the worst traits of humanity? If we create bots that mirror their users, do we care if their users are human trash?

Emphasis added.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:50pm:

You're the only one left fretting about being outed Ruby. On average racists understand they've been outed by now Ruby but some will fight back for over a month. The longer the better and the deeper it runs in you.

Are you coming to us from Alabama Ruby?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Like that article said, Opp, "input-output."

I was reading an article this morning.  Apparently the Indian convenience store owner on The Simpsons, who is voiced by a white dude, is now a problem.  After how many years?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Don, you're just jealous of America.  And now you're going after specific states?  That's fine, we know you hate living in our shadow.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:41pm:
Like that article said, Opp, "input-output."

I was reading an article this morning.  Apparently the Indian convenience store owner on The Simpsons, who is voiced by a white dude, is now a problem.  After how many years?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apu_Nahasapeemapetilon

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon first appeared in the first season of the Simpsons, February 25th, 1990. It has been 28 years and 14 days.

You really can't question that the bar is moving.

I'm convinced that the "infinite standard" (a term I coined for the limit of height the bar is approaching, ultimately) is ultimately the correct one, but I will dispute anyone who lies to advance that standard.

I value the leftist standards of behaviour because I believe they are morally correct, but I also value truth.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 8:55am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:16pm:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apu_Nahasapeemapetilon

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon first appeared in the first season of the Simpsons, February 25th, 1990. It has been 28 years and 14 days.

You really can't question that the bar is moving.

I'm convinced that the "infinite standard" (a term I coined for the limit of height the bar is approaching, ultimately) is ultimately the correct one, but I will dispute anyone who lies to advance that standard.

I value the leftist standards of behaviour because I believe they are morally correct, but I also value truth.
I suppose that depictions of humans under your "infinite standard" will be reduced to colorless amorphous equal size shapes with asexual computer generated voices?

But they won't be permitted to speak, even with computer generated voices, because speaking any language will be evidence of bias against all other languages?

BTW, could you please briefly describe "leftist standards of behavior" (at least in their current iteration)? Thanks.
Is "shouting down white men and driving them out of the conversation" one of them? Is that fair and honest and unbiased?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
I hate true racism and sexism.  As a woman, I don't care that a computer knows that women spend more time in kitchens than men do.  It's not like the computer is telling women to get into the kitchen and make it a sandwich.
Grin

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
I hate true racism and sexism.  As a woman, I don't care that a computer knows that women spend more time in kitchens than men do.  It's not like the computer is telling women to get into the kitchen and make it a sandwich.
Grin

The more you say it, the more you demonstrate your subconscious need to disclaim it. Have Craig Sickler school you on how to hide it in a more convincing way.

Or take my more simpler advice and just let it go.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why do Leftists say Gender is Determined by Individuals, when . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy