Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians Who Pay Income Taxes Are Hypocrites
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Libertarians Who Pay Income Taxes Are Hypocrites (Read 427 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Libertarians Who Pay Income Taxes Are Hypocrites
Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
...So says Pete Hendrickson, anyways.

Hendrickson wrote an open letter to libertarian icon, Dr. Ron Paul:

Dr. Paul, and all the rest:

Though I'm sorry to say it, the subject today is hypocrisy. YOUR hypocrisy.

Let me explain.

Over the next two weeks, you are going to sign documents giving the federal government permission to use large amounts of your money to finance or support:

• the slaughter of Houthis;
• the slaughter of Eastern Ukrainians;
• the slaughter of Syrians;
• the slow suffocation of displaced Palestinians;
• unknown evils in Africa;
• alienating and provocative belligerence toward Russia;
• alienating and provocative belligerence toward China;
• the militarization of our domestic police organizations;
• the virtual strip-searching of our wives and daughters in airports in an exercise in "security theater";
• a 14-million strong army of bureaucrats and executive-branch contractors who spend their well-paid days telling everyone else how to live their lives and conduct their business;
• the propagandizing of our children in government schools;
• an enormous federal apparatus designed to enforce laws for which no Constitutional grounds exist;
• the corruption of our political office-holders;
• a massive army of technicians spying on every American (and everyone else) without probable cause, 24/7 and a secret "court" pretended to legitimize these crimes;
• a propaganda infrastructure used to influence public opinion in directions favored by those in control of the state apparatus;
• subsidies to favored persons, industries and causes, and regulatory suppression and burdening of disfavored persons, industries and causes;
• a massive army of lawyers in Washington and in satellite fortresses dotted around the American landscape used in a million ways to suppress and punish dissent from, or resistance to, all the foregoing;

YOU ARE GOING TO SIGN DOCUMENTS GIVING PERMISSION to the feds to do all these things with YOUR money. You are going to pro-actively sign-up as a partner with the government in doing all these things, and you're going to do it voluntarily.

Oh, you'll try to dodge responsibility. You'll pretend that you are compelled by law to declare all your earnings to be tax-relevant "income" by listing them in the "income" fields on a 1040 and signing it as true, complete and correct.

But you know better.   https://www.garynorth.com/public/17925.cfm

On a very fundamental level, I empathize with Hendrickson. By filing/paying Income Taxes, we are enabling gov't to engage in all the nefarious activities they like to engage in.   But Gary North is right - Hendrickson is a crackpot and  a felon.  Because of his (lack of) character, Hendrickson's message is meaningless.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Libertarians Who Pay Income Taxes Are Hypocrites
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
...So says Pete Hendrickson, anyways.

Hendrickson wrote an open letter to libertarian icon, Dr. Ron Paul:

Dr. Paul, and all the rest:

Though I'm sorry to say it, the subject today is hypocrisy. YOUR hypocrisy.

Let me explain.

Over the next two weeks, you are going to sign documents giving the federal government permission to use large amounts of your money to finance or support:

• the slaughter of Houthis;
• the slaughter of Eastern Ukrainians;
• the slaughter of Syrians;
• the slow suffocation of displaced Palestinians;
• unknown evils in Africa;
• alienating and provocative belligerence toward Russia;
• alienating and provocative belligerence toward China;
• the militarization of our domestic police organizations;
• the virtual strip-searching of our wives and daughters in airports in an exercise in "security theater";
• a 14-million strong army of bureaucrats and executive-branch contractors who spend their well-paid days telling everyone else how to live their lives and conduct their business;
• the propagandizing of our children in government schools;
• an enormous federal apparatus designed to enforce laws for which no Constitutional grounds exist;
• the corruption of our political office-holders;
• a massive army of technicians spying on every American (and everyone else) without probable cause, 24/7 and a secret "court" pretended to legitimize these crimes;
• a propaganda infrastructure used to influence public opinion in directions favored by those in control of the state apparatus;
• subsidies to favored persons, industries and causes, and regulatory suppression and burdening of disfavored persons, industries and causes;
• a massive army of lawyers in Washington and in satellite fortresses dotted around the American landscape used in a million ways to suppress and punish dissent from, or resistance to, all the foregoing;

YOU ARE GOING TO SIGN DOCUMENTS GIVING PERMISSION to the feds to do all these things with YOUR money. You are going to pro-actively sign-up as a partner with the government in doing all these things, and you're going to do it voluntarily.

Oh, you'll try to dodge responsibility. You'll pretend that you are compelled by law to declare all your earnings to be tax-relevant "income" by listing them in the "income" fields on a 1040 and signing it as true, complete and correct.

But you know better.   https://www.garynorth.com/public/17925.cfm

On a very fundamental level, I empathize with Hendrickson. By filing/paying Income Taxes, we are enabling gov't to engage in all the nefarious activities they like to engage in.   But Gary North is right - Hendrickson is a crackpot and  a felon.  Because of his (lack of) character, Hendrickson's message is meaningless.

He does a good job of pointing out some very valid issues in the first 8. The rest need closer scrutiny as they tend to get too farfetched and into pseudo-libertarian dogma. That's not to put down each and every one of them excluding the first 8.

As to his criticiam of Ron Paul? That's unfair because Ron Paul has no choice. They would throw Ron Paul's scrawny old ass in jail if he started to act out in any meaningful way.

There was no need to procrastinate on any non-fundamental lever Chief. The first 8 points are fundamentally correct. The rest are totally in line with your libertarian views. And the suggestion that Ron Paul should break the law to get his points across is bullshit.

And fwiw, the 9th. point on strip searching wives is complete and total pseudo-libertarians nonsense.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Sure, Ron Paul may be a hypocrite for voting for a law that is contrary to his stated principles but he nor libertarians are not hypocrits for paying taxes.   As a rule, we'd rather avoid jail time.

Would libertarians be hypocritical for giving their wallet to an armed robber too?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
Sure, Ron Paul may be a hypocrite for voting for a law that is contrary to his stated principles but he nor libertarians are not hypocrits for paying taxes.   As a rule, we'd rather avoid jail time.

Would libertarians be hypocritical for giving their wallet to an armed robber too?

I'm sure it was as easy to answer for you as it was for me! The Chief didn't think it out all that well.

You'll probably take a more nuanced and sensible position on the first 8 points as compared to the hogwash that comes later.

Don't answer if you're still feeling petulant. I can take you critters any way you come.

I'm also enjoying the opportunity to do some straight talking without have burnsred's extremist rightist views being pushed on me every chance he gets.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:28pm:

Well said!   

(Or asked, as it were.)

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 1:54pm:
Well said!   

(Or asked, as it were.)

I liked your topic too Chief. And I'm anxious to start the real discussion with point #9.

Can you see in that point alone how pseudo-libertarians shoot their own foot off with the exaggerations? It destroys the whole pretense of libertarians promoting sensible solutions for the fukking mess the US is in. In this case, the mess was created by US aggression in foreign lands. The libertarian gets that right!

The the libertarians goes completely off the wall on the necessary measures their government is forced to take to protect the people. If government didn't then plates would be falling out of the skies like sick houseflies.

The libertarian can't stand to propose sensible measures that would aid in understanding the situaiton. The batshit craziness in them causes them to just condemn it outright.

What a bloody gongshow!

This entire bloody forum!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
I guess libertarians who get murdered are hypocrites too.

If anything is signed, we all know it's basically at gunpoint.

You can argue that there's a duty to evade taxes if you can, but I don't see where a regular working person without the means to do that has the obligation to just die.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 3:31pm:
You can argue that there's a duty to evade taxes if you can, but I don't see where a regular working person without the means to do that has the obligation to just die.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I hope that's done with, phew!

Evading taxes is illegal. Avoiding taxes that don't actually apply to you can be difficult, but you are free to do it.

Cheesy Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cheesy

The part about dying set me off again. Sorry.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I liked your topic too Chief. And I'm anxious to start the real discussion with point #9.

What a bloody gongshow!

This entire bloody forum!

Well, don't expect me to defend or support anything said by Hendrickson.  I already acknowledged in the OP that the open letter to Dr. Paul was totally inapropriate, and I called him a "crackpot"

SkyChief wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
...Hendrickson is a crackpot and a felon.  Because of his (lack of) character, Hendrickson's message is meaningless.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 5:08pm:
Well, don't expect me to defend or support anything said by Hendrickson.
Who? Does he work for RT?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians Who Pay Income Taxes Are Hypocrites
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy