Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Warns Against Syria Intervention.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Warns Against Syria Intervention. (Read 278 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Warns Against Syria Intervention.
Reply #10 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
This is why I link to RTnews.

https://www.rt.com/news/423545-israel-planes-syria-strike/

Who among you libertarians have mocked these links as being just Russian propaganda?

Craig Sicler and Skychief, are you antiwar first or are you still pro-US first? We know what burnsred is don't we!

Maybe this will help to sort out who is the real libertarian and who are the fakes?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:48pm:
Who among you libertarians have mocked these links as being just Russian propaganda?

Craig Sicler and Skychief, are you antiwar first or are you still pro-US first?

I've never "mocked" RT for being propaganda, but I have stated that RT is a State-sponsored news organization with two primary objectives;  1) Make Russia look good.     2)  Make US look bad.

RT makes no effort to conceal this.

So naturally, I regard any story from RT as being HIGHLY biased.  But I don't mock it.

Don_G wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:48pm:
Maybe this will help to sort out who is the real libertarian and who are the fakes?

Most people know who the real libertarians are on this forum. And most know who the "posers" are.  The RT article doesn't shed any light on that.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:17pm:
I've never "mocked" RT for being propaganda, but I have stated that RT is a State-sponsored news organization with two primary objectives;  1) Make Russia look good.     2)  Make US look bad.

If it's turned out to be that in these matters, the US is bad and Russia is good, then why would you object to hearing that?

Quote:
RT makes no effort to conceal this.

You wouldn't know that because I haven't posted articles of RTnews commending the US. And I'm pretty sure you haven't looked for any at RT. What you should know is that they have been very pro-Trump, but you're probably just learning that now. And also often complimentary toward the US on other issues. But again, you wouldn't know.

Quote:
So naturally, I regard any story from RT as being HIGHLY biased.  But I don't mock it.

If their bias is lies then you should mock it. But you've never said anything from RTnews was unfairly biased. If it was then I would have never posted the link. I stand behind every link I've ever posted from RT.

Can you name one that hasn't been factual? Of course you can't because you haven't read most of them. You're not antiwar, you're pro-US.

Quote:
Most people know who the real libertarians are on this forum. And most know who the "posers" are.  The RT article doesn't shed any light on that.

Most people on this forum, if not all, are pseudo-libertarians who believe in impossible ideas. A good third are likely mentally ill! And another third have a chip on their shoulder for their own personal hard-on for government.

Try to be specific and challenge my real libertarian beliefs. I believe in libertarianism right exactly to the point at which it makes any sense.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Most people on this forum, if not all, are pseudo-libertarians who believe in impossible ideas. A good third are likely mentally ill! And another third have a chip on their shoulder for their own personal hard-on for government.

Ad hominem drivel. 

100%  meaningless.

Don_G wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Try to be specific and challenge my real libertarian beliefs.

Enjoy!   Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:06pm:
Ad hominem drivel. 

100%  meaningless.

Enjoy!   Smiley

https://media.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy.gif

Here's something real that came directly out of your mouth:

Libertarianism can't work for an entire country. ~SkyChief

What's your endgame? What are you hoping to accomplish? Are you supposing that you're going to make Liberland actually happen?

Maybe it's time to start talking about growing up and facing reality?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:16pm:
...Maybe it's time to start talking about growing up and facing reality?

I think this is a good place for you to start.   Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:24pm:
I think this is a good place for you to start.   Smiley

Yes it is. I have come to face reality and I now know that libertarianism is impossible for a country.

This is not counting out the possibility of it working for say, a small village of a couple of dozen people. You could call that villlage sized country "Liberland"!!

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 1:38pm:
Are you safe in your country Tom? Is the time coming soon when neither of us will be safe?

I think I'm safe, Don, one reason being that I'm extremely  small potatoes compared to Raimondo, Ron Paul, and many, many other people, and at 72 I've already lived a good life.

But if I were young and had a family to worry about, I'd think twice about bad-mouthing the CIA.  Even if physical danger weren't a problem, things like geting on a no-fly list could be.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:02am:
They need to contact their representative Congress Critter and demand that the US disengage from the Middle East theater entirely.  All US troops need to be withdrawn - all US Military Bases need to be closed.
For the most part, they ignore things like this and because of their intentional ignorance, are susceptible to populist nationalism. Especially because all they have heard for most of their lives is that America is evil and that they are evil losers, and they know that is not true.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 4:16pm:
I think I'm safe, Don, one reason being that I'm extremely  small potatoes compared to Raimondo, Ron Paul, and many, many other people, and at 72 I've already lived a good life.

But if I were young and had a family to worry about, I'd think twice about bad-mouthing the CIA.  Even if physical danger weren't a problem, things like geting on a no-fly list could be.
Yes, young people might encounter problems later because they are in the data base and cameras everywhere (or even smart phones anywhere) used by any Police can easily identify them unless it's a mistake by the program... Shocked

The cop might believe the program doesn't make mistakes and that they are actually a wanted serial killer and shoot them when they reach for their wallet to show the demanded I.D.

Being older and wiser and more knowledgeable  (and not living in a place where the cops are extraordinarily nervous) I'll probably be OK, but if not, who cares, I'm old.

Edit: What about bad mouthing Putin or Chairman Xi? Would that be safe?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Warns Against Syria Intervention.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy